Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I agree, there's not a lot of options right now.

Personally, I would like to see Hutson-Guhle paring when Guhle is healthy again.

Hutson - Guhle
Matheson - Savard/ Struble
Wifi - Struble/ Savard

I would play the 1st and 2nd pairings fairly evenly. Still, not ideal for certain.
No matter how we set up our defense we're always missing a rd that can log minutes to stabilize the whole thing. You can put Huston with Guhle but do you really want to have him out there constantly against the top lines at this point? A trade needs to happen.

Reactions: Archijerej

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
First line has a hard time dealing with the fact that he's basically a 4th fwd out there.

Caufield is constantly looking to get open instead of covering for him. Head in the cloud.

A5pZ7P2.png

• Wow
Reactions: nicehiss

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I expected the puck wizardry to some degree, so his quick adaptation to the defensive side of things has definitely been the biggest surprise to me. He just about never gets in trouble in his own zone and when the other team does set a heavy forecheck/cycle on him, he finds ways to get out with the puck more often than not. That's a truly rare combo, in all my years I haven't seen it all that often, that's for sure.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I expected the puck wizardry to some degree, so his quick adaptation to the defensive side of things has definitely been the biggest surprise to me. He just about never gets in trouble in his own zone and when the other team does set a heavy forecheck/cycle on him, he finds ways to get out with the puck more often than not. That's a truly rare combo, in all my years I haven't seen it all that often, that's for sure.

I didn't expect his skating to have improved this much either. He's much faster, quicker and gets power when he leans on his inside edges. He should be really impressive after another offseason or two. Seeing how dedicated he is, skating speed and his shot are probably two things he'll improve.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I didn't expect his skating to have improved this much either. He's much faster, quicker and gets power when he leans on his inside edges. He should be really impressive after another offseason or two. Seeing how dedicated he is, skating speed and his shot are probably two things he'll improve.
Exactly...he has to work a lot on his wrist shot. Hundreds shots a day during 4 months next Summer.

He has 0 goals so far..no wonder..in today's league with the great goaltenders..you have to have a good shot to score a bit

Quinn Hughes worked his ass of on his shot over the years and he scored 17 goals last season.

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad