Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
When I think of how Lane Hutson is being used the thought of "setting him up for failure" comes to mind.

You must know him better than management does.

I mean, Quinn Hughes totally broke down from being used on the first pairing in his first season, finishing 2nd after Edler for TOI. Poor kid is totally finished now.

Not every player is a Kotkaniemi.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
When I think of how Lane Hutson is being used the thought of "setting him up for failure" comes to mind.
In my opinion the only to set a top 6 or top 4 skilled player up for failure is by losing faith in him and running him under the bus and yo-yo-ing him between the NHL and the AHL until he needs to be waived and another team claims him.

As long as they are patient and communicate with the kid i don't see any issues. They might have to send him back to the AHL if he keeps struggling defensively but as long as they explain him why i don't see any problem with it.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I know you're joking but just in case someone reads this and be like right? right? Mete was a 4th round pick who never dominated anywhere (junior, AHL) outside of his very last junior season.
LOL
But you have to admit he was hyped for his offensive flair.

Reactions: LaP

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In my opinion the only to set a top 6 or top 4 skilled player up for failure is by losing faith in him and running him under the bus and yo-yo-ing him between the NHL and the AHL until he needs to be waived and another team claims him.

As long as they are patient and communicate with the kid i don't see any issues. They might have to send him back to the AHL if he keeps struggling defensively but as long as they explain him why i don't see any problem with it.
Got to manage his minutes

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I would shelter him long before thinking the AHL is a good option.
The problem is neither Xhekaj nor Struble has stood out as a decent second pairing place holder.
Even worse Savard has been a terrible second pairing RD place holder.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I would shelter him long before thinking the AHL is a good option.
The problem is neither Xhekaj nor Struble has stood out as a decent second pairing place holder.
Even worse Savard has been a terrible second pairing RD place holder.
We have nobody to shelter him though outside of Guhle and Guhle is playing too much to "shelter" a younger player. We would need to get rid of Savard and find a better vet to do so imo.

I think one of the main problem we have atm is we have too many offensive dmen. KH will have to make a choice. Can't have Hutson, Matheson, Barron and Mailloux in the lineup. If the future is Mailloux and Hutson (i think it is) and you want to give them NHL exp now i feel loike you have to trade the other two and surround Guhle, Mailloux and Hutson with two solid steady vets closer to their prime than Savard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad