Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Kucherov went 58th.
Datsyuk went 7th round.
Zetterberg went 6th round.

It's actually not all that uncommon for the best players in a draft to not be picked in the 1st round.
I’d call it uncommon but not rare.

Seriously though, Hutson has outproduced Fox, Hughes, Makar…. He absolutely has superstar potential. Whether he realizes that potential at the NHL level is another story.

I have zero issues with anyone who says that they think his game Won’t translate over. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. But I’m not going to listen to anyone who dismisses the possibility out of hand.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I would be shocked if Hutson comes out as the best player of the 2022 draft. When is the last time that achievement went to the guy drafted #62?

If Lane Hutson is the best player to come out of this draft then this will go down as a very poor draft......He isn't even in the discussion as best player out of that draft right now and there is little reason to believe that he ever will be. Even if he is a point per game pp wizard his defensive shortcomings will almost certainly keep him out of that conversation.

Reactions: DAChampion

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
me saying this kid's name every time i see it
1699571668163.png

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hutson reportedly has had a growth spurt and BU now reports him to be 5'10

"The latest is that Hutson is now five-foot 10-inches tall. This measurement is from his college at Boston University, and the simple truth is those numbers are not always reliable. However, it might just be the case that Hutson has grown a full two inches in a year.
There is a recent photo taken from ice level at Boston University where Hutson is standing right beside Macklin Celebrini who is the consensus pick for number one in this upcoming draft. Celebrini is listed at six-foot exactly. On the other side of the post-goal celebration is Jeremy Willmer who is listed at five-foot, eight inches

Hutson looks nearly identical in height to Celebrini, and he towers over Willmer. It might just be that Hutson is six-foot, 11 inches now(sic) (I assume he meant 5'11")

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why? Engels' analytical skills are no better than the average HFboarder, maybe worse TBH. Nothing but a media whore.

Yeah, I don't understand why we are to automatically assume that insiders have valuable insight about the game of hockey.

They are two different things. Bieksa is insightful but not an insider. Engles is not insightful but he is somewhat of an insider (for the Habs at least). Rarely do you see someone who is both.

Reactions: Habs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There are MANY cases of amazing players selected outside the first round. One of the most common dominator for them is usually size and not ideal skating (ring a bell?)
Kucherov, Fox, Gaudreau, Point, Kaprizov, Bratt, Marchand, Aho, Debrincat.

Nobody can question the offensive flair of Hutson, it is special what we don't know is if he is bound to become a reliable top 4 defenseman or simply a pure PP QB ala DeAngelo/Gostisbehere

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

"The latest is that Hutson is now five-foot 10-inches tall. This measurement is from his college at Boston University, and the simple truth is those numbers are not always reliable. However, it might just be the case that Hutson has grown a full two inches in a year.
There is a recent photo taken from ice level at Boston University where Hutson is standing right beside Macklin Celebrini who is the consensus pick for number one in this upcoming draft. Celebrini is listed at six-foot exactly. On the other side of the post-goal celebration is Jeremy Willmer who is listed at five-foot, eight inches

Hutson looks nearly identical in height to Celebrini, and he towers over Willmer. It might just be that Hutson is six-foot, 11 inches now(sic) (I assume he meant 5'11")

For the love of Gawd.......please stop!

Reactions: rahad

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The 2022 draft eligibles all had their 16/17/18 year-old seasons disrupted at some point, making it a far more unique and low-info draft than even the 2021 draft the year before. Remarking that a later pick in 2022 might possibly emerge as the best of his class is not nearly as far-fetched as claiming a later pick in 2010 would be the undisputed best (Mark Stone).

Reactions: Redux91

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Please be true

Reactions: Gustave

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
this is a player you move to for key pieces, he's a hot stock to sell high , let team think he's the next Makar and rob them

Yeah, I don't understand why we are to automatically assume that insiders have valuable insight about the game of hockey.

They are two different things. Bieksa is insightful but not an insider. Engles is not insightful but he is somewhat of an insider (for the Habs at least). Rarely do you see someone who is both.
that is the service I have been providing HF for 20+ years!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Kucherov went 58th.
Datsyuk went 7th round.
Zetterberg went 6th round.

It's actually not all that uncommon for the best players in a draft to not be picked in the 1st round.
Pavelski from legendary 2003 draft class has to be in the conversation w Bergeron with best of that draft cuvée

Aho (2015) and Robertson (impressive 2017 class) are on the path towards being amongst best in class

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Posters: crying that we don’t have elite talent, or elite type of talent.

Same posters about our prospect with elite abilities: yeah but he won’t pan out he only has offensive talent, we need to trade him because he’ll only be a PPG dman!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad