Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Hutson has potentiel to be great offensively but theres also good chances hes gonna be a mess defensively even today after what we saw from him i would still easily take Nemec,Jiricek and Mintyukov over him

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe he meant best Habs player?
No. He’s saying he’ll be the best in the draft. He says it straight up. He also mentions Nemec so it’s not just Habs.

Again we don’t know if his game will translate to the NHL but his been so overwhelmingly dominant that it absolutely is a possibility. I’m really excited by this guy, how can you not be?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No. He’s saying he’ll be the best in the draft. He says it straight up. He also mentions Nemec so it’s not just Habs.

Again we don’t know if his game will translate to the NHL but his been so overwhelmingly dominant that it absolutely is a possibility. I’m really excited by this guy, how can you not be?

• Small butt
  • "Bones"
  • Smol
  • Can't skate backwards
  • Can't skate forwards
  • Doesn't even know he has feet
I think that's how, or something.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
  • Small butt
  • "Bones"
  • Smol
  • Can't skate backwards
  • Can't skate forwards
  • Doesn't even know he has feet
I think that's how, or something.
He and Roy are two players I’m really excited about. RB looks like he could be a big presence as well and Beck will round in the lineup nicely. But Hutson is a potential superstar. Not blue chip, still has some development and strength trying to work on but the potential is there.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Because I'm used to being disappointed in Habs prospects.

There are legitimate concerns that have been voiced about Hutson, and yes physique is a legitimate concern. I'll be more enthusiastic about him if his game translates to the AHL next year.

Reactions: Takeru

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Good thing we have a few posters who continuously downplay Lane Hutson's achievements, or I would genuinely be excited about this prospect. :sarcasm:

They all ****. All our kids ****. None of them will develop. Slaf wont develop like Byfield cause he did not play 50 games in the AHL over the span of 3 years and he is a 1st overall so he can't be compared to guys drafted 2nd overall. Hutsin will ****. He's small. NO chances. They are all busting. All of em. Fire everyone including yoopie. /s You're welcome.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It is highly unlikely that he is even a top 5 dman in that draft let alone the best player in that draft. Even Engstrom may very well prove to be better than Hutson.

I didn't hear the Engels comment but I am extremely sceptical that he said something that dumb.

Why? Engels' analytical skills are no better than the average HFboarder, maybe worse TBH. Nothing but a media whore.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Because I'm used to being disappointed in Habs prospects.

There are legitimate concerns that have been voiced about Hutson, and yes physique is a legitimate concern. I'll be more enthusiastic about him if his game translates to the AHL next year.
As I said, not blue chip.

But you’re not excited about this guy breaking records in the minors? Really?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Too jaded.

I know there’s a long road ahead but those are crazy records he’s breaking. It’s okay to be a little excited man. Would you really be shocked if he comes out as the best player in the draft? I wouldn’t.

I would be shocked if Hutson comes out as the best player of the 2022 draft. When is the last time that achievement went to the guy drafted #62?

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Kucherov went 58th.
Datsyuk went 7th round.
Zetterberg went 6th round.

It's actually not all that uncommon for the best players in a draft to not be picked in the 1st round.

I'll assume that Kucherov was drafted late due to a Russian factor.

Datayuk, Zetterberg, Messier, Brett Hull and Petr Bondra were drafted in the previous century.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
I'll assume that Kucherov was drafted late due to a Russian factor.

Datayuk, Zetterberg, Messier, Brett Hull and Petr Bondra were drafted in the previous century.
Luke Robitaille was drafted in 9th round, Doug Gilmour in the 7th. There are some memorable players picked in later rounds. Regarding best 3rd picks among defensemen, probably Kris Letang and Adam Fox. Shayne Gotisbehere is not too shabby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad