Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So what's his height now, it's all over the place

Boston University has him at 5'10, so he's anywhere between 5'9.50 to 5'10.49

Screenshot-20230702-181150-Samsung-Internet.jpg

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Putting everything aside, my full focus will be on this kid, he certainly opened my eyes after seeing some highlights!
Hopefully he'll have a good upcoming season

Reactions: cphabs

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Folks who've been on this board for a while know that I ain't one of those dudes that freaks out about size.

The thing that concerns me with Hutson is that he seems to have a small frame for a D man and is super super light. I think forwards in today's nhl can get away with that, but that is tough for a D man.

It might be the biggest knock against him right now.

That said, Krug was able to overcome his height as a Dman and provide some solid contributions to a top team.

Reactions: Wats and BLONG7

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just make him into a playmaking winger already. Why not? He will adapt, he's smart enough.

Then let him quarterback the PP on the blueline.

Reactions: cphabs

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Folks who've been on this board for a while know that I ain't one of those dudes that freaks out about size.

The thing that concerns me with Hutson is that he seems to have a small frame for a D man and is super super light. I think forwards in today's nhl can get away with that, but that is tough for a D man.

That said, Krug was able to overcome his height as a Dman and provide some solid contributions to a top team.
Spurgeon is the same size, isn’t as skilled and is still going strong at 33 years old. Also dude somehow looks exactly the same in every hockeydb picture dating back 10+ years. Smart players can last a long time in this league. Hutson just needs to figure the NHL out and he’s done it at every level so far so why not?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Spurgeon is the same size, isn’t as skilled and is still going strong at 33 years old. Also dude somehow looks exactly the same in every hockeydb picture dating back 10+ years. Smart players can last a long time in this league. Hutson just needs to figure the NHL out and he’s done it at every level so far so why not?
Fantastic point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Putting everything aside, my full focus will be on this kid, he certainly opened my eyes after seeing some highlights!
Hopefully he'll have a good upcoming season

I have just about every game that Huston played this year plus I just uploaded a vid from 2 years ago when he played in the Bio Steel All American game with Middelstadt and Sam Harris.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Krug always comes to mind, when we talk about Hutson.
Very similar types of Dmen.....this kid would be great if he can fill out a bit, and get himself up to 170's in his weight category. Perfect world hit 180 but that remains to be seen....

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
If this guy doesn't turn out to be a star I will be floored. I'd probably follow his games in whatever other professional league he ended up in (assuming it translates there) because he's so entertaining. Never saw a player quite like him before.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

This is why he shouldn't be rushed. Let him bulk.

Reactions: cphabs and Andy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad