Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Lol, not sure of what you think you're talking. Not trying to be a dick.

Luke Tuch is 6'2".......Quinn clearly is not 6'1" despite listing himself as such and Bonino is leaning/slouching as his shoulder angle clearly demonstrates and he clearly has rounded up his height to 6'1". Players have pumped up their measurements forever, and there is no clearer example than this. Tuch is the only one without motive to jack his stats up and if he is 6'2" then we have a whole bunch of story tellers to his left, even if he was 6'3" they would all clearly still be fos.

Look at Tuch and look at Hutson lol.

Come on guys, why do we insist on doing this? Lane is going to be an undersized defenceman with ridiculous skills. Let's just enjoy it instead of playing these silly games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Luke Tuch is 6'2".......Quinn clearly is not 6'1" despite listing himself as such and Bonino is leaning/slouching as his shoulder angle clearly demonstrates and he clearly has rounded up his height to 6'1". Players have pumped up their measurements forever, and there is no clearer example than this. Tuch is the only one without motive to jack his stats up and if he is 6'2" then we have a whole bunch of story tellers to his left, even if he was 6'3" they would all clearly still be fos.

Look at Tuch and look at Hutson lol.

Come on guys, why do we insist on doing this? Lane is going to be an undersized defenceman with ridiculous skills. Let's just enjoy it instead of playing these silly games.

Not to be a dick about it, but I can't take any of these conversations speculating about Hutson's height seriously, lol. When he comes to Montreal we'll see how tall he is and how much he's filled out. Patience, lol.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not to be a dick about it, but I can't take any of these conversations speculating about Hutson's height seriously, lol. When he comes to Montreal we'll see how tall he is and how much he's filled out. Patience, lol.

Agreed, although we may never know his true height as it will always be up to him to release it. It doesn't matter anyways as his size will never be a strength or a reason for his success.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Hutson size is the main reason why he dropped, Playing on a stacked team probably didnt help his draft stock either. I think he goes top 20 easily after the year he had at BU. I would pick him over Korchinski or Mateychuk quite easily. His IQ and puck skills are high end.

His size was dropping him in my model during his draft year, so at some point I said ''f*** it'' and put him at 32. No way I was not having him as a first rounder. And then he goes ahead and makes that intervention look embarrassingly mild.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
People are WAY too optimistic about Hutson.

Yeah, maybe he does become that star.

But people right now are already penciling him on that 1st pairing left of Reinbacher.

Long road ahead full of obstacles for him. Hopefully he pans out.

I'm more confident in Hutson panning out than DR for the same reasons I'm more confident in Michkov panning out.

That kinda play reading ability will get you places.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm more confident in Hutson panning out than DR for the same reasons I'm more confident in Michkov panning out.

That kinda play reading ability will get you places.

Huge difference between defense role vs. forward. Size will be a real concern.

Won't get optimistic until I see him handling NHL powerforwards forechecking on his side. Until then, I keep my expectations low.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Huge difference between defense role vs. forward. Size will be a real concern.

Won't get optimistic until I see him handling NHL powerforwards forechecking on his side. Until then, I keep my expectations low.
Hughes and Karlsson are absolute garbage defensively and physically. You can afford to have one of these types per defensive core.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Hughes and Karlsson are absolute garbage defensively and physically. You can afford to have one of these types per defensive core.
I disagree. In today's NHL you can have some of these bad D/high O defense for entertainment value, but if you want to win something significant, you don't.

Look at Edmontpn. Their glaring issues on D are exposed every year in the POs

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
But people right now are already penciling him on that 1st pairing left of Reinbacher.

Just like some were embarrassingly putting Dubois on the Habs' Trios.

Hughes and Karlsson are absolute garbage defensively and physically.

I'll always remember that hit by Karlsson on Beaulieu during the playoffs, OTT v. MTL, he cracked Nate the Great's sternum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad