Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If Hutson can't have the separation speed from Dach in that case and Dach catches up to him causing him to go in the corner, the move is a failure. Like I said, what's the point if he can't do anything with it (hypothetically) like in this case where Dach just doesn't let him cut to the middle and score like how Makar did due to his skating?

The move isn't a failure. It creates an opening out of nothing. It also opens up a lot more possibilities. He doesn't need to skate all the way to net, he could pass or do something else.

This guy literally focuses on how his deception is what makes him a special player at the NHL level.
So? I never said Hughes wasn't deceptive.

So where are you going with your "much more dominant" argument if you can acknowledge that Hughes was a better prospect?

Where I was going at with my initial point was that Hutson doesn't have elite skating ability, but he has other attributes (ex: deception) that could make him a special player in the nhl.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
His real comparable is Fox, plain and simple. Skating is not on par with Makar and QH but deception sure is since he needs to burn his defender without the burst of speed. That kid is just dirty sometimes.

Reactions: Kimota and Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His real comparable is Fox, plain and simple. Skating is not on par with Makar and QH but deception sure is since he needs to burn his defender without the burst of speed. That kid is just dirty sometimes.
Want to see him really put on muscle over the next year or two in the NCAA, even if he's torching the league.

Reactions: Asdetran

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
How big do we think this kid can get? I just keep thinking his size will be a major issue when he makes the jump to the AHL/NHL....

He barely finished growing his bones and his present size allows for much mass growth.

Like any 5'10 guy, he probably can get to a very fit 190-200

Reactions: BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How big do we think this kid can get? I just keep thinking his size will be a major issue when he makes the jump to the AHL/NHL....

Gallagher wasn't that thick when he entered the league. He was kind of small and slow. Then he got jacked, and the added muscle actually helped his speed.

We'll see if that's the case. Some players get slowed down by the extra weight. But I've noticed a couple players that get faster by bulking up, only to lose a step at 30, like Gallagjer and Subban - though each may have lost a step due to injury.

Reactions: BLONG7

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Gallagher wasn't that thick when he entered the league. He was kind of small and slow. Then he got jacked, and the added muscle actually helped his speed.

We'll see if that's the case. Some players get slowed down by the extra weight. But I've noticed a couple players that get faster by bulking up, only to lose a step at 30, like Gallagjer and Subban - though each may have lost a step due to injury.

Gallagher was always thick and slow, obviously he got bigger and has slowed down but he was definitely a thicker kid than most at his height.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We can only hope, Hutson can make the show, and be an impact player until his early 30's

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gallagher was always thick and slow, obviously he got bigger and has slowed down but he was definitely a thicker kid than most at his height.

I wouldn't call rookie Gallagher thick:

But he still went to the net as if in his mind he was Josh Anderson's size.

Attachments

• brendan-gallagher-16_9.jpg
    brendan-gallagher-16_9.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 6

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I wouldn't call rookie Gallagher thick:

But he still went to the net as if in his mind he was Josh Anderson's size.

That is not rookie Gallagher.

That is 18 year old Gallagher at training camp wearing 73. He was significantly thicker when he made the team two years later.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Love that he's going back to college. Hopefully the focus this year is rounding out his game, developing an exercise routine to put on strength, and letting him blossom as a QB on the PP.

I would've been upset if he went pro. go slow and develop, and he will be ready in 3 years, maybe 4.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He barely finished growing his bones and his present size allows for much mass growth.

I'm 5'10 and in my early 20s was in that 195-200 range very fit. I dont think Hutson has the frame to carry the muscle needed to be there.

I think he caps out around 180 which would be fine.

Reactions: jrom and Maitz

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe the opposition players aren't big but he doesn't seem overly tiny on the ice visually at least. He's definitely already taller than Caufield and Gallagher.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm 5'10 and in my early 20s was in that 195-200 range very fit. I dont think Hutson has the frame to carry the muscle needed to be there.

I think he caps out around 180 which would be fine.

Based on what? We're not even sure his bone growth is over. Did you observe him , measure his bones, structure and thickness?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Depends on the frame, not just height.

You also have to wonder if getting to 190-200 is even something he'd want to do. Realistically, Hutson needs to play at a weight that allows him to play his game. He doesn't need to be build like Boullion, he needs to be able to keep his mobility and shiftiness.

Most guys his height and with an even remotely play style are nowhere near 190-200 lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad