Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I’ve found this but someone can probably recap it better. I think if stuff is paid by the NHL team it’s “bad” so they don’t chance it.

The tryout/camp participation rules are the same for the NHL as they are for the CHL in that a player may only attend one camp or tryout per team in which the NHL team pays for the player’s expenses and the player is there for no longer than 48 hours from the time he arrives at the facility until he leaves camp. If the player pays his own expenses then he can attend however many he wants for however long. It is important to note that if the player participates in the NHL Draft Combine or a NHL Research and Development Camp, the NCAA treats this as participating in a camp with all 31 team

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I’m not sure NCAA players can attend those camps (except the 1st one after they’re drafted)

NCAA players can attend the prospect dev camp in July as long as they pay for it from their own pocket.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Pretty sure I've seen it mentionned at least once.
I think it's because people are wary of a small defenseman and they think his strengths would translate at forward. Just no. The guy learned his position and learned to do his magic from that position specifically. Whats the english expression about square pegs (i'm drunk)? It applies here. I understand why some fans worry but I think he'll live and die by playing defense. Hutson is not a forward, he's an amazing offensive defenseman.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Sorry already posted

tom-hanks-alone-tom-hanks-cast-away.gif

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Quinn Hughes 2.0, maybe even better in defensive side. But at offensive side? very very similar.

We drafted a Quinn Hughes potential at 62...

Can't believe that!!

Reactions: cphabs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
What makes Quinn Hughes that good is his top tier skating that Hutson doesn't have.

Yeah, but Hutson isn't a bad skater aswell. So I think it's ok. Hutson have everything else of Hughes game. We can have big hope for Hutson, no doubt.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, but Hutson isn't a bad skater aswell. So I think it's ok. Hutson have everything else of Hughes game. We can have big hope for Hutson, no doubt.
He isn't, but Q.Hughes might be a top 5 skater in the league lol. I love Hutson too don't get me wrong. Seeing how dominant Montour is makes me think Hutson can at least be somewhat comparable.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He isn't, but Q.Hughes might be a top 5 skater in the league lol. I love Hutson too don't get me wrong. Seeing how dominant Montour is makes me think Hutson can at least be somewhat comparable.
I think he can do it in todays game, if a guy like Krug can be successful 7-8 years ago (and still somewhat today) I think Lane can do it in todays NHL.

I don't think he can become a Q,Hughes type #1 though

Reactions: The Great Weal

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What makes Quinn Hughes that good is his top tier skating that Hutson doesn't have.
yeah if Hutson had great wheels, not even Q's wheels, no way he goes that low. The size AND lack of elite skating had him fall to us. Hopefully he can get some big gains with his skating in the coming years

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hughes doesn't have Hutson's incredible deceptiveness
Ya no. Hughes deceptiveness and elusiveness make it near impossible for forecheckers to get it off of him and this is at the NHL level, not the NCAA. It's probably only behind Makar for dmen. If you want to make the argument that Hutson is better defensively then sure, but Hughes skating and IQ combo are vastly superior to Hutson.

Reactions: Runner77

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Ya no. Hughes deceptiveness and elusiveness make it near impossible for forecheckers to get it off of him and this is at the NHL level, not the NCAA. It's probably only behind Makar for dmen. If you want to make the argument that Hutson is better defensively then sure, but Hughes skating and IQ combo are vastly superior to Hutson.

Hughes is deceptive, but he isn't at the same level as Hutson. Hutson continuously use his eyes, head, shoulders, feet, change of speed and direction to create deceptiveness. Even for small simple plays, he uses so much deception. His whole game is based on deception and it comes natural to him.

Reactions: dralaf

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hughes is deceptive, but he isn't at the same level as Hutson. Hutson continuously use his eyes, head, shoulders, feet, change of speed and direction to create deceptiveness. Even for small simple plays, he uses so much deception. His whole game is based on deception and it comes natural to him.
Ya this is just flat out wrong and shows that you haven't watched Hughes much or can't recall how he played in Michigan when forecheckers couldn't keep up with him (and still can't in the NHL). Hutson is deceptive, but nowhere near as deceptive and elusive as Hughes and that's largely because of the skating difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad