Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I just really don't get Knies over Snuggerud. Like, even if you pretend the Big-10 is the only league that matters (its not), Snuggerud had a better season on the same team.
The Hobey Backer has been mostly a "thank you for staying with your University 3-4 years and improving" award over the last 41 years. Knie fits that mold perfectly.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The Hobey Backer has been mostly a "thank you for staying with your University 3-4 years and improving" award over the last 41 years. Knie fits that mold perfectly.
Well Caufield, Makar, others won it with only 2 yrs in NCAA.

Just read the criterias that include scholastic achievements. Top 10 is influenced by fans voting. Top 3 is by 29 coaches and NHL scouts

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well Caufield, Makar, others won it with only 2 yrs in NCAA.

Just read the criterias that include scholastic achievements. Top 10 is influenced by fans voting. Top 3 is by 29 coaches and NHL scouts
I put the stats for it in this thread a few weeks ago: 2 freshmen and 5 sophomores in 41 years.

But looks like I did a mistake (see below) and this year will be a freshmen or sophomore.

Except he doesn't. He just finished his sophomore (20 yr old) season. If that was the intention then Farrell makes more sense.
My bad, I was sure it was his 3rd season and not the 2nd one.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Still, Hutson is the most important piece on the BU team.
You say he deserves the Hobey-Baker because of that?
Its not a best player award as it is often labeled. Its also an off-ice, character thing.
Maybe reading about the man would help…

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Was he caught drowning a bag of kittens? Did Makar save a bunch of orphans from a burning building? What am I missing here?
No, just like Bill Masterton’s nominees who do not win it all. Its a judgement thing. Lady Bing. King Clancy.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No, just like Bill Masterton’s nominees who do not win it all. Its a judgement thing. Lady Bing. King Clancy.
Not quite. It’s an award for best player as well as character on and off the ice but on ice performance is still the main focus. Given Hutson’s historical performance for a rookie, best since Leach in the 70’s and past Hobey Baker winners, he absolutely should’ve been nominated. It’s crazy that he wasn’t when Cooley and Knies were. All good candidates but Hutson literally made history.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Who cares, he's cheating. He's a villain now.

Hutson on his way to bag all the thotties
1680211578053.gif

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Not quite. It’s an award for best player as well as character on and off the ice but on ice performance is still the main focus. Given Hutson’s historical performance for a rookie, best since Leach in the 70’s and past Hobey Baker winners, he absolutely should’ve been nominated. It’s crazy that he wasn’t when Cooley and Knies were. All good candidates but Hutson literally made history.
As much as I've been a Hutson denier, I must admit the NCAA is seriously capping on this one.

cap-thats-cap.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad