TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Starts to make sense where your false narratives about Laine are coming from, you can't read for shit.

100%

Reads some words, interprets an entire crazy narrative around it with conclusions and demands it's correct.

Just like the "Gudbranson said something vague about the quality of team practice, therefore Laine is satan".

It's an interesting pathology

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
At this point I kinda feel like we should just eat some cap(it's only for 2 seasons) and just get some picks and prospects back. Don't hold out for the perfect deal because it likely doesn't exists.

Me personally, id just go for a picks package (within reason, not saying just take the best one, even if it's shit) and just start fresh entirely. No matter how good the system is and how many kids you have in the system, you can never have too many.

The Jackets have enough prospects on the verge of needing serious time that I don't think it's gonna hurt too much if we take a picks/prospects package. More prospects just means more competition in camp and makes it harder for anyone to just be given a spot just because.
I don’t think anyone is offering just prospects and picks. If they were this would probably be done already.I think teams are sending cap back in return because of the risk.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
100%

Reads some words, interprets an entire crazy narrative around it with conclusions and demands it's correct.

Just like the "Gudbranson said something vague about the quality of team practice, therefore Laine is satan".

Yeah let’s just ignore the full Waddell quote because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Didnt anaheim want scoring wingers, maybe something there, they have lots of cap space, not sure what they send back. Seems like a quiet place to try and get right.
Anaheim has to be careful...he would come in as their highest paid player on a pretty young team. There's probably more risk than reward when looking at it from Verbeek's perspective. I'm not even sure what the Ducks could even offer to make a deal plausible.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
100%

Are some people not reading into the idea that nobody has a voice in the room, other than Boone Jenner and that’s a problem?? Same thing as Jenner being an issue as Laine’s center. It’s clear as day WHO the problem is, and has been.

Those Gudbranson comments are a PERFECT EXAMPLE of a “hint” of what has been wrong in Columbus. If it happened in a more popular “market”, or if the team had competent writers that weren’t tasked with protecting the franchise, it WOULD have been a story.

Nearly every CBJ or otherwise took it as criticism towards Brad Larsen the coach, when IMO you could EASILY read between the lines and realize there was some sort of issue in the locker room and that it was a shot at a player or group of players not being prepared for practice, along with more in depth issues that were hinted at.

All the info is SLOWLY trickling out. Same with the shitshow that is Elvis Merzlikins. The problems in the locker room aren’t Brad Larsen’s practices, Pascal Vincent, Tortorella, or Babcock. OR Boone Jenner.

You really think it’s outlandish to think that the other players have a problem with Patrik Laine, the guy that walked away from the team and doesn’t want to play with the team anymore, just because we haven’t got a quote from another player to the media disparaging the dude? Or that he was a part of some sort of preparation issues regarding the team??

“Of course not, something something Barkov

Not sure why some have such a problem with me, you should, or seemingly do, want to see Laine traded away from the CBJ just as much as I do.

Reactions: TS Quint

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Obviously not. Seems though that Laine got stuck in yet another toxic locker room. He's either very unlucky or is actually part of the problem.
Probably the latter. Seems to me he is very thin-skinned. That said, what a mess in Columbus. I can't see a scenario where they go into the season with Laine on the roster.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The D-Wad quote does not suggest that Boone is a problem in locker room.

That’s not what I’m even saying, at all.

What I’m saying is the Lazy Laine defenders, similar to Jenner being used as an excuse for a lack of Laine’s offensive production, will use the “reports” of Jenner’s voice being the only 1 allowed in the locker room, as a DEFENSE of Laine, as if it’s proof of other issues, other than Laine.

Nobody is saying the team doesn’t have OTHER issues. That said, Laine, and the other player I’ve been “hated” on for criticizing for VERY long, Merzlikins are CLEARLY the 2 BIGGEST issues.

They SUCK….and THEY have asked for trades!! And I’m the delusional 1 for wanting them traded away from the CBJ as soon as possible and for anything? I’ve personally been calling it for years, now you LITERALLY can’t give either guy away.

IMO. And FACTS.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don’t think anyone is offering just prospects and picks. If they were this would probably be done already.I think teams are sending cap back in return because of the risk.
Yeah but those are more than likely being used as sweeteners, if CBJ is taking a cap dump and retaining half, I would imagine it would open up the availability of teams who could afford Laine.

Which I imagine would mean more teams interested. That's why I said don't try to find the perfect trade(a good roster player/replacement) and just take the best value you can find. Waddell said he could've moved him already if he wanted to retain half. Which imo means someone's already offered him or come close to offering what he would want if he retains.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah but those are more than likely being used as sweeteners, if CBJ is taking a cap dump and retaining half, I would imagine it would open up the availability of teams who could afford Laine.

Which I imagine would mean more teams interested. That's why I said don't try to find the perfect trade(a good roster player/replacement) and just take the best value you can find. Waddell said he could've moved him already if he wanted to retain half. Which imo means someone's already offered him or come close to offering what he would want if he retains.
If CBJ is taking a capdump and retaining on Laine, i think the deal would be done by now. I am wondering if there is a buyer beware warning tag on Laine? I think teams know there are internal issues with Laine.

On paper i would love Laine on the Habs. But after reading what i have been reading, i don't think its worth the trouble.

Reactions: thebus88

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
On paper i would love Laine on the Habs. But after reading what i have been reading, i don't think its worth the trouble.

You should consider what you're reading, and how much of it is based in reality. There are Laine haters who will interpret everything about him in a negative light.

It likely includes Laine.

Ok, how?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You should consider what you're reading, and how much of it is based in reality. There are Laine haters who will interpret everything about him in a negative light.
I am reading what Waddell said. There is no misinterpreting it. It was plain english. Very direct and honest.

Clearly Laine is part of the problem. This is his second team where he wanted out.

Ok, how?
By having a thin skin. This is the second time he wants out (only two teams he played for).

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Yeah let's ignore the injuries and the times when he's been one of the best players in the league, and come up with some weird scenario instead
When has he been one of the best players in the league? Dude has one 70 point season and it's been like 6 or 7 seasons since he's scored 30 goals.

He fell hard off that cliff. I would feel sorry for him, but then I remember that he gets paid millions for playing hockey.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
If CBJ is taking a capdump and retaining on Laine, i think the deal would be done by now. I am wondering if there is a buyer beware warning tag on Laine? I think teams know there are internal issues with Laine.

Waddell has said as much, but he really doesn't want to retain is the hold up.

It's not what's likely going to happen, I was just stating what I would do.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Waddell has said as much, but he really doesn't want to retain is the hold up.

It's not what's likely going to happen, I was just stating what I would do.
I wonder if its come to point of mutual contract termination. i.e. If Laine refuses to play.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He will get paid on any future contract. He may lose a couple million / year. But that's the price a multi-millionaire may pay to get out of a toxic environment for mental health reasons.
Laine isn’t exactly a superstar, his contract after termination is likely a league minimum or slightly above

• Haha
Reactions: Figgzfood

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Could they put Lain on waivers? Send him to the AHL if no one wants his contract for free. That might convince him to play in the NHL?

Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad