TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Where did you hear he was bullied in CBJ?

And if a person gets bullied, you think there's something wrong with them? Obviously that makes you a bully.
For all we know Laine had a traumatic bullying event growing up and wants no part of it as an adult.

Reactions: scholl

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Assuming all of his salary? I thought that was the main issue in that there are very few teams who can fit him if the Blue Jackets don't retain and don't take any salary back.
Absolutely. Teams like San Jose, Anaheim, Utah... All could make it work.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well then that's on him. Does he really want out of Columbus, or is the thought of San Jose not tempting for him?
What’s best for him is to come back, play to his potential and raise his stock.

I would think that requesting a trade out he would waive the 10 team list but who knows. If he’s not willing to help facilitate a trade than he clearly doesn’t want to get traded that badly.

Reactions: Fro and Marioesque

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
The interesting part to me is that Laine signed 2 contracts with Columbus...first a one year deal, then a 4 year deal. This suggests something changed or something happened in the last two years. Nobody signs a four year contract in a place they can't wait to leave.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The interesting part to me is that Laine signed 2 contracts with Columbus...first a one year deal, then a 4 year deal. This suggests something changed or something happened in the last two years. Nobody signs a four year contract in a place they can't wait to leave.
It’ll be interesting to see what leaks of the player wanting out and the issues that got him into the Player Assistance Program. The dynamics of both issues happening and then potentially returning to the same team is going to be……interesting

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why are you assuming that's the problem, criticism? Who levied it and what was the response? What evidence is there for your interpretation of what has happened?
Why are you assuming that Laine was bullied and played no part in the locker room issues?

Reactions: thebus88

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not. I'm wondering why you're assuming stuff you know nothing about
All i am sayis Laine is likely part of the problem. Why are you overreacting to that? Its not a leap. He’s wanted out of the only 2 teams he has played for. That’s not normal. Where there is smoke there is fire. Waddell confirmed there is a fire brewing!

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I’m gonna peg laine as a narcissist. It’s always about me me me, it can’t be Laine’s fault, it’s everyone else fault. And it what can you do for laine, not what laine will do for you. I had a friend like this, I didn’t realize it years and years later that all I did was give give give, it was always about him.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Kevin here.

What some of y'all fatherless creatures can't quite grasp is the fact that losing one's dad might affect one's mental health. Patty's father was the Joe Jackson of hockey, after all.

"But Kevs, he passed away three years ago!"

Sure. Fellas who've lost a parent or two know this: it still hurts, even after a decade it hurts. Lost me pops back in 2001 and would still give anything for his advice.

Patty had some rough times back in Winnipeg. Wheeler is a notorious dickhead. Scheifele a lazy bum. In comes 19-year old Patrik. Scores three times in his first game. The vets don't like it. They are exposed, you see. Turns out Maurice is not a bad coach - they are just shit players. This is what people refuse to remember: Wheels and Scheif were the problem, not Laine. Why did Big Buff retire? Why did Laine want out? Why did PoMo walk away? Read between the lines, fellas.

Anyways, when the shit hit the fan in Winnipeg, Patty's dad was always just a phone call away. At some point he even moved in with his son. For a young immigrant boy, it must've been hugely important.

Fast forward to 2024. What went wrong in Columbus? Four coaches in three years, or something like that. Losing culture. GM is a big bozo. No centers. Injuries after injuries. No fellow countrymen. High school sweetheart dumped him. Dad is still dead. I don't blame him for wanting a fresh start.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
0% chance. Waddell will retain and get something rather than lose him for nothing
Why hasn't he been willing to retain in order to get rid of Laine? Columbus won't need the capspace in the comming 2 years and retaining enough could actually bring in something of value. If a team got Laine for 4.7 million instead of 8.7 million they would most likely line up to give something of value back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad