TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Are you seriously asking for a comparison dude? Look at the highlights of both. It's clear who shoots with more accuracy.

Look at shot totals and percentage. It's clear
I will take Ovechkin over Laine every time. All the time. No comparison needed. I don't need to look at shooting percentages, only goals scored. That is what wins you games, not shooting percentage. Ovechkin scores more, plays a more physical game, and is way more durable. I would rather have a guy score 50 goals and have 10-12 percent shooting, than 25 goals on 15-17 percent shooting.

I did watch some highlights of him today. I also noticed on a lot of the one timers I saw, the passes were coming from left handed D men. No excuses about having the wrong handed player feeding him the puck. That's all it is with Laine, he is hurt, he doesn't have the right players on his line, his stick is too long.

I honestly can't wait until he is traded. Not because I think he sucks, which I don't, I am just tired of the Laine honks that just worry about how he does and not how the team does. Doesn't matter the Jackets sucked the last few years, as long as Laine is the best player on the team, or Laine gets his PP goals. It gets old.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Healthy confidence is often mistaken as cockiness by those who lack confidence
Well it clearly wasn't healthy confidence, because he fell off the cliff completely after a few seasons. He found out that it wasn't as easy as he thought when playing against the very best players day in and day out for 82 regular season games plus playoffs.

He was overconfident and when he realized that he got head problems. A shame.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
1723908753744.png

Reactions: TS Quint and Fro

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I've defended Patty this whole time, but if this is more locker room drama and less "mental health" issue then get a 5th rounder for him and get him the hell away.

Reactions: thebus88

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I've defended Patty this whole time, but if this is more locker room drama and less "mental health" issue then get a 5th rounder for him and get him the hell away.
I'm afraid it would be better if he was the problem. Because if the reason is that not veterans other than Boone Jenner allowed to have a voice, that's too bad. Of course Boone has nothing to do with it, he doesn't decide these things. But if that doesn't change, he may not be the first and last to go. Zach Werenski's words that he hopes Patrick comes back obviously didn't have to be about his health.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yup, Boone Jenner is the problem with the Columbus Blue Jackets, not Patrik Laine.

If only we could clear things up by allowing Gudbranson and Laine to locker box at training camp.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
How long until we have this thread?:

Value of: Boone Jenner is a locker room cancer?

Hi hf, i think hes bad and terrible and should be moved to my favourite team for a cap dump and middling draft picks or maybe even poorly trending prospects that I have personally lost interest in.

How much did I over-value my own assets and why does this mean Columbus should pay more?

Reactions: Viqsi

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Well it clearly wasn't healthy confidence, because he fell off the cliff completely after a few seasons. He found out that it wasn't as easy as he thought when playing against the very best players day in and day out for 82 regular season games plus playoffs.

He was overconfident and when he realized that he got head problems. A shame.

Yeah let's ignore the injuries and the times when he's been one of the best players in the league, and come up with some weird scenario instead

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What an indictment of the CBJ leadership group. Bunch of juvenile delinquents. lol

Waddell is being very vocal about Laine's feelings about the CBJ.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
And why should it be? That's a question for others and not Boone, he is a good guy. I doubt some Columbus fan would have created such a thread. Boone and cancer in a locker room - I cannot imagine it.
Why should what be?

Try reading it again but instead of taking it literal and serious, read it as tongue in cheek and in jest.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Montreal has F that have little value but at 3 yrs not 2 so doubt CLB wants to add money to that 3rd yr . They should be competing by then

Dvorak , Armia have 1 yr left but will Montreal roll the dice on Laine in a 2nd year at full pop

Maybe they can work something out

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal has F that have little value but at 3 yrs not 2 so doubt CLB wants to add money to that 3rd yr . They should be competing by then

Dvorak , Armia have 1 yr left but will Montreal roll the dice on Laine in a 2nd year at full pop

Maybe they can work something out
If Josh had 2 years remaining, i can see a basis for a deal with the Habs obviously adding. The 3rd year on Josh and Gally probably kill any deal. If its Dvo or Armia, Hughes probably asking for some retention on Laine.

I think Hughes stays the course. He doesn’t need to make a deal if its not on his terms.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Didnt anaheim want scoring wingers, maybe something there, they have lots of cap space, not sure what they send back. Seems like a quiet place to try and get right.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

At this point I kinda feel like we should just eat some cap(it's only for 2 seasons) and just get some picks and prospects back. Don't hold out for the perfect deal because it likely doesn't exists.

Me personally, id just go for a picks package (within reason, not saying just take the best one, even if it's shit) and just start fresh entirely. No matter how good the system is and how many kids you have in the system, you can never have too many.

The Jackets have enough prospects on the verge of needing serious time that I don't think it's gonna hurt too much if we take a picks/prospects package. More prospects just means more competition in camp and makes it harder for anyone to just be given a spot just because.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Seems like the team is prepping him to be there until the New Year, I think it makes strong value sense to wait, it opens up MN as a partner when they finally have space and I’m sure any others that run into IR needs.

Of course the player actually has to demonstrate health and play value until then and I think that will go a long way in determining his return value. Feels like he is in for an extended tryout kind of atmosphere for the foreseeable future, up to him now how he responds to that pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad