Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
lol no, youngin's don't deserve shit, no matter how good they are. they'll play where they're told, and if they don't like it, they can piss off to the KHL.
I can see the day when Labor Laws come in and say the Draft is unconstitutional and prohibits a players right to choose his Employer! Everyone deserves the right to choose their Employer right,cause being locked in for 7 years from age 18 is too Fukcing long to work/play for a perennial loser like Arizona/Phoenix/Tempe/Arizona St whatever the hell they are calling themselves these days

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
JC went for so little; would've preferred him over two rentals in Gavrikov and Korpisalo anyday.
Why's that? Chychrun would just bolt after 2 years cause the Kings won't pay 6-7 Million for 3/4 of a seasons work! Sure the Columbus duo are rentals now but I bet the Kings sign them going forward before July 1 especially if they work out favorably!!!

Fagemo and Grans not playing for Ontario tonight.
How about sending them to the BlueJackets for Buddy Robinson not that we need another Forward

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
In order to beat Ottawa's offer for Chycrun, we would have had to give two 1sts and a 2nd at least, with them taking no contracts back. Ottawa's 1st this year is likely better than ours so it would have cost the 24 1st as well.
Ottawa is not in the Pacific Division and thus was not charged the excise tax.
If we are really going to expend more assets looking for a 3C it is an indictment of Blake's competence.
How much draft capital have we spent on C in the past several years and you are telling me NOT ONE of them is able to handle 3C by now?

What are y'all smoking down there Rob?

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

By including Quick, the Kings weaponized their salary cap flexibility ahead of Friday’s trade deadline, with CapFriendly.com projecting $6.2M of deadline day cap space. Los Angeles preferred to trade with Columbus over Arizona for Jakob Chychrun because of the Blue Jackets’ willingness to take on Quick and thus open up the opportunity for another significant move. I’d been hearing and expecting them to inquire on hardened forwards with size and playoff experience who can slot at both wing and center on depth lines.

“I’m not sure or certain there’s anything going to happen,” Blake said. “But there’s a lot of time left before the deadline and you start to see different moves or different players that may have not been talked about in the past couple days become available. We’re going to explore different options, as long as we’re pushing forward to making our team better.”

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Roughly 1.5 million in cap space currently?

Go get a goon.

I don’t think Raitis Ivanans is available.

1677762805181.jpeg

There any decent bottom 6 tough players available for like a 4th or 5th? I wanted Eller but makes sense for the Avs to snag him.

Still guys like Bonino out there who likely wouldn’t cost much.

Reactions: lumbergh

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
What about Bjugstad for the fourth line C?
Hes playing well and a good option if they feel like Kupari makes too many rookie mistakes about every other game. Things that just arent gonna cut it on a team with these kind of aspirations.
If Detroit is selling then maybe you can get Sundqvist at center and Hagg as a depth dman.
There should be a good bit of options for depth out there.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
JC went for so little; would've preferred him over two rentals in Gavrikov and Korpisalo anyday.

For the millionth time. They went for so little because the idiots that run the coyotes overplayed their hand.

I think it had more to do with securing 1-2 first and/or second round picks and not retaining any salary. Ottawa was one of the only teams interested in acquiring him without salary retention which matters to the Coyotes as they have to count their dollars and also need to have their franchise sold and relocated... :P

That might work as we can't trade our second-round picks as both our 2023 and 2024 2nd round picks are currently tied to conditions from our previous deals. So if we can just send one from like 2025 then maybe...

Picks.png

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Was scrolling through twitter and one of the TSN verified guys mentioned Lawson Crouse being available?

ROB BLAKE NOWS YOUR CHANCE.

I am not sure we'd be keen on adding another winger unless it was like a crazy rental like Patrick Kane type situation. Wing is our biggest strength as a team ironically given our history. We already have Fiala, Byfield, Iafallo, Kempe, Arvidsson, Vilardi, and then Kaliyev and company right behind getting thrown around on their off wings and such.

I feel like a winger with term would only intensify the logjam and we don't really have any major issues on wing unless it is a goon/toughness type add. I think all eyes are on center, defense, or maybe a top prospect or surefire #1 goaltender with term.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am not sure we'd be keen on adding another winger unless it was like a crazy rental like Patrick Kane type situation. Wing is our biggest strength as a team ironically given our history. We already have Fiala, Byfield, Iafallo, Kempe, Arvidsson, Vilardi, and then Kaliyev and company right behind getting thrown around on their off wings and such.

I feel like a winger with term would only intensify the logjam and we don't really have any major issues on wing unless it is a goon/toughness type add. I think all eyes are on center, defense, or maybe a top prospect or surefire #1 goaltender with term.
Do you know who Crouse is? He would immediately be the third best winger on the squad and vastly improve the team's forecheck and physicality.

He would be the perfect fit for the Kings - and just about everybody else in the league.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
What about Morgan Frost? Young guy in Philly. May not fit the Tortorella mold. Chuck Fletcher has to be itching to do something at this point.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Lawson Crouse is a straight up power forward similar to a Tom Wilson, Josh Anderson, Tanner Jeannot, etc.

We need a player like this with Lemieux never getting games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad