Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
That probably wasn't the price for the kings....
I am 99% sure this is because ARZ was asking for the moon and after every possible suitor told them to F*** off they were left with one team, and could either take what was offered of keep him past the deadline...

He wayyyyy overplayed his hand (ARZ) and it bit him in the rear..

ARZ thought they could call the shots and... found out they could not

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Chychrun went cheaply in part because we bowed out, I think. AZ got some cold water splashed on their faces.
And Arizona is hell bent on not taking any money back.
Edit: I guess they didn't need a goaltender in their ring of Legends collection that they've been stockpiling hah

Reactions: Choralone

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
People don’t seem to realize that Ott pick has a very good chance of top 10. Plus 2 2nds? Which one of which should be higher than the Kings. It’s basically his ask.
Yeah, I think that's part of the reason AZ pulled the trigger on this with Ottawa. That and they didn't have to take salary back which was probably an issue for ownership.

Still seems kind of weak though.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Yeah, I think that's part of the reason AZ pulled the trigger on this with Ottawa. That and they didn't have to take salary back which was probably an issue for ownership.

Taking salary back was definitely an issue according to a few of the talking heads. They were dead set against it. If it wasn’t, he could very well have been a King by now.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
At this point, they might as well fire some more bullets and make some more deals now that there is a definite clock on these rentals our 1st + 3rd bought. Might as well chase the sunken cost and make a few more deals, I am not sure anything can sting as much as the first one at this point.
Get a rental 3c
Im fine with a left handed Matt Roy for now. It makes Roy expendable over the summer to start opening slots for all the RD in the pipe. Thats if they can extend Gavrikov.
I don't think they will move Roy until next season deadline. They may even resign him. He is very solid.

Reactions: Telos

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He's a big body thats for sure. If he's at least as good as Roy on D then good. The gaping hole aside from G was that there was only one reliable defensive pairing.. Now there are 2.
Can't wait until Gavrikov and Korpisalo make their debuts
I doubt it because he has 2 years remaining on his deal. Arizona does have time to sit on their hands and the price wouldn't be much different next season versus this one.
If Arizona makes a couple more deals they can compete for the Calder Cup and forget the rest of the NHL season cause they will be utter garbage

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Arizona wasn't taking money back, they have a 5k seat arena and are hemorrhaging cash. The return tells you exactly that. I'm sure OTT was the only team with an offer on the table that sent nothing back. Our first this year was what they coveted, but it's not worth nearly as much as OTTs. It would have taken something stupid to get them to take salary.

Still, they messed up the return big time. You can bet the Kings offer, and probably Edmontons, were better than this. What a disaster of a franchise for their fans. I feel for them.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Looks like they are going all out for Bedard.
If they win the lottery if I'm Bedard I'd pull the chute and tell Arizona to take a flying fukcing leap off a short porch!Bedard has stated countless times he wants to play for the Canucks...the Top Junior/College/European Player in the World should be afforded to play for his hometown team

Arizona wasn't taking money back, they have a 5k seat arena and are hemorrhaging cash. The return tells you exactly that. I'm sure OTT was the only team with an offer on the table that sent nothing back. Our first this year was what they coveted, but it's not worth nearly as much as OTTs. It would have taken something stupid to get them to take salary.

Still, they messed up the return big time. You can bet the Kings offer, and probably Edmontons, were better than this. What a disaster of a franchise for their fans. I feel for them.
Move the dam team already to Austin or Houston,San Diego or Salt Lake city like right now

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
If they win the lottery if I'm Bedard I'd pull the chute and tell Arizona to take a flying fukcing leap off a short porch!Bedard has stated countless times he wants to play for the Canucks...the Top Junior/College/European Player in the World should be afforded to play for his hometown team
lol no, youngin's don't deserve shit, no matter how good they are. they'll play where they're told, and if they don't like it, they can piss off to the KHL.

kenito7

May 27, 2014
California

If you don't trade Byfield or Clark I am not sure what the Kings have that equals a potential top 10 pick in a deep draft. If Ottawa makes the playoffs it F's everything up for Arizona. Other than that it is probably better than anything the Kings would be willing to give up.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022

The Ottawa offer was the best package of picks. Likely the highest available 23 1st, another 2 2nds. Armstrong just wanted a clean deal with no money coming back where he got the best possible picks out of it. LA had to add prospects and contracts going back it wasnt what the guy wanted.
You are correct that Ottawa is a disaster franchise, maybe new owners will turn it around, I would not be surprised at all.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Lots of Yotes fans are saying management is struggling financially.. which in turn played a big role in why they just wanted picks and not actual players… Guess they’re trying to follow the TB rays blueprint

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
There any decent bottom 6 tough players available for like a 4th or 5th? I wanted Eller but makes sense for the Avs to snag him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad