Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm pretty sure Gavrikov was the backup deal to Chychrun. It would be unbelievable if Arizona turns around and makes the deal now with a 2024 first ++.
have to think price tag is finally coming down on Chycrhun given LA now out of it.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
You watch CBJ games? how you form that opinion Im wondering
I've seen enough to know! And the guy has stayed in the lineup while others have been sick,injured or have a boo boo...The Kings have a Defensive D-man something they've lacked for awhile now! Hope they can sign him before July UFA begins

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
At this point, they might as well fire some more bullets and make some more deals now that there is a definite clock on these rentals our 1st + 3rd bought. Might as well chase the sunken cost and make a few more deals, I am not sure anything can sting as much as the first one at this point.

Reactions: chris kontos

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Hoven is saying" Bjugstad, Domi, Bonino, are targets to bring in more grit."

"Gavrikov is Robyn Regehr"
Robyn Regehr hahahaha. What a clown show. The spin is in!

Gavrikov has 56 hits in 52 games this season. Regehr had 211 and 203 hits his last two seasons in LA.

Gavrikov is the closest thing the Kings have had to a Matt Roy type since Matt Roy. Not saying it is a bad thing but it is comical to try to spin him as a Regehr type.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
have to think price tag is finally coming down on Chycrhun given LA now out of it.
I doubt it because he has 2 years remaining on his deal. Arizona does have time to sit on their hands and the price wouldn't be much different next season versus this one.

• Haha

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I've seen enough to know! And the guy has stayed in the lineup while others have been sick,injured or have a boo boo...The Kings have a Defensive D-man something they've lacked for awhile now! Hope they can sign him before July UFA begins
He's a big body thats for sure. If he's at least as good as Roy on D then good. The gaping hole aside from G was that there was only one reliable defensive pairing.. Now there are 2.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Recap of Blake's Press Conference:

Blake had to notify Quickie over the phone about the deal, rather than back in LA. Had to be done last night.

He immediately called Kopitar and Doughty right after. Blake said shock and disappointment in regards to Kopitar and Doughty response.

No previous discussions with Quick about the trade.

The trade came to fruition over the last 48 hours.

Trade was a positional need with goaltending and LHD. <-- obviously

Kings aren't done. Blake said that much clear. This frees up some cap space and Blake indicated more moves. --> 5.3 million cap space available on Friday.

Blake mentioned Rasmus Kupari - right shot on PK, etc. We're looking for options, but ok with Kupari.

Blake even mentioned Durzi and Walker being ok on the left side. --> Does this feel like an upgrade for Elder rather than Durzi on the left side? Edler + Durzi as a 3rd pair does sound kind of scary. :eek3:

Korpisalo and Gavrikov traveling to team and be available for practice tomorrow.

Blake mentioned no conversations regarding extensions for either player yet. <--- WTF
Some time available to discuss those extensions. Also more salary cap available in summer, etc.

Trevor Moore expected back soon. :thumbu:

• Love

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Once you see Gavrikov play you'll change your mind! Gavrikov is much better than Roy but I guess we'll see that very soon
I’ve seen him and I’m very please but those two guy really are better.. that just means we’ll have 3 defensive studs on our back end and our PK should be outstanding..

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Recap of Blake's Press Conference:

Blake had to notify Quickie over the phone about the deal, rather than back in LA. Had to be done last night.

He immediately called Kopitar and Doughty right after. Blake said shock and disappointment in regards to Kopitar and Doughty response.

No previous discussions with Quick about the trade.

The trade came to fruition over the last 48 hours.

Trade was a positional need with goaltending and LHD. <-- obviously

Kings aren't done. Blake said that much clear. This frees up some cap space and Blake indicated more moves. --> 5.3 million cap space available on Friday.

Blake mentioned Rasmus Kupari - right shot on PK, etc. We're looking for options, but ok with Kupari.

Blake even mentioned Durzi and Walker being ok on the left side. --> Does this feel like an upgrade for Elder rather than Durzi on the left side? Edler + Durzi as a 3rd pair does sound kind of scary. :eek3:

Korpisalo and Gavrikov traveling to team and be available for practice tomorrow.

Blake mentioned no conversations regarding extensions for either player yet. <--- WTF
Some time available to discuss those extensions. Also more salary cap available in summer, etc.

Trevor Moore expected back soon. :thumbu:
Correct, Blake wasn't flying to Manitoba to inform the team in person. If he waits everyone finds out when they land it not before.

So if the King's send Walker back, do they have enough for a retained EK65? :naughty:

Blake probably bargain shopping at this point & deal will come down to the wire. King's also have a ton of prospects hitting the waivers next season. Could be a good time to thin the herd.

Don't have a problem with the players being UFA. They would have most likely been targets in the off-season. Nice to get a chance to see how the fit goes ahead of time & get a jump on signing them.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Chychruns value is only going to get weaker. You know he’s not resigning in Arizona and the longer you hold the less years on his affordable contract…

Would be shocked if he’s not moved by the deadline…

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He's a big body thats for sure. If he's at least as good as Roy on D then good. The gaping hole aside from G was that there was only one reliable defensive pairing.. Now there are 2.
Kings definitely needed another Defensive D-man with size 6-3 214 lbs. I like that he's only 27 years old,prime years...Plus Gavrikov isn't a p***y he'll block shots all day if need be and join the attack when the play warrants it. He's heady always looking around to pass for the better shot and can score just wasn't put in that role much! Blake definitely addressed a huge need area

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Robyn Regehr hahahaha. What a clown show. The spin is in!

Gavrikov has 56 hits in 52 games this season. Regehr had 211 and 203 hits his last two seasons in LA.

Gavrikov is the closest thing the Kings have had to a Matt Roy type since Matt Roy. Not saying it is a bad thing but it is comical to try to spin him as a Regehr type.

Gavrikov has never been a bruising or punishing D-man. He is highly effective at using his size for positioning. He'll pop someone here and there, but he won't go out of the way to do it.

His gap control is great, so thankfully he doesn't have to hit someone to separate them from the puck all the time.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The one thing with this is that the West is open and may not be so open again in a decade. IF we get out of the west it becomes a crap shoot because in the SCF there are always guys playing hurt and that’s as big leveller. Plus it depends on the matchup because some better regular season teams will be good matchups for us. I’m still not saying I like the trade but I understand it, especially if they think they can add a 3C. Sometimes it’s riskier to wait for a better moment. Maybe…

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Gavrikov has never been a bruising or punishing D-man. He is highly effective at using his size for positioning. He'll pop someone here and there, but he won't go out of the way to do it.

His gap control is great, so thankfully he doesn't have to hit someone to separate them from the puck all the time.
Im fine with a left handed Matt Roy for now. It makes Roy expendable over the summer to start opening slots for all the RD in the pipe. Thats if they can extend Gavrikov.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Exactly why you don't throw out a Regehr comparison.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Alexander Edler was the Whole Dam Defense in Vancouver for 15 Years! He was their best D-man by a country mile or is that 1.609..KiloMetre! He's done his part in LA helping bring the Tre Kroner up to competing every day! Give him some slack he's been a 17 year Vet of NHL Wars and survived! He should go into the HHOF
Awesome. This is 2023 though...

Reactions: Herby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad