Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Agree, we should have been able to tell Columbus what they are taking back, and they will like it......

But.....here's a hint....trades don't work like that.
So true...

People come up with amazing trade scenarios based on.....nothing.

I guess I could walk into a Range Rover dealership and offer $20k cash for a '23 SVR and they will take it too if I speak it into existence.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Didn't think Blake would have it in him. Not a lot of options to fix the issues with the cap. Went a bit extreme, but is giving the team a shot in the playoffs.

Reactions: funky

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Brendan Lemieux quietly got moved to the non roster list
1677689237922.jpeg

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I really hope Blake has another move coming. Not sure what it would be but having over 5 mil in cap space should definitely be used.
Yea hope he doesnt half ass it and just goes all in now. Get Chychrun and Bjugstad and there are no more holes. Them and Gavrikov solve the size problem but their only big issue at that point would be actual heavy physicality.
But it would he a complete team top to bottom.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Roy
Gavrikov-Durzi

pushing Edler out of the lineup and adding Bjugstad as the 3C would make me feel a lot better

Reactions: dman3474

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'm still confused where all the money will come from for next season to sign these guys and GV, etc. Sure it solves roster issues now (created by GM Blake), but not 2024+. Unless the plan is to trade AI and Arvi in the offseason -- which i'm actually for doing so. We have cheap, young forwards who need roster spots. Let them move up and spend the created cap on resigning Korp and a LHD. Weakens us at forward in the ST losing Arvi/AI, but offset by G/LHD adds.

Reactions: kenito7

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm still confused where all the money will come from for next season to sign these guys and GV, etc. Sure it solves roster issues now (created by GM Blake), but not 2024+. Unless the plan is to trade AI and Arvi in the offseason -- which i'm actually for doing so. We have cheap, young forwards who need roster spots. Let them move up and spend the created cap on resigning Korp and a LHD. Weakens us at forward in the ST losing Arvi/AI, but offset by G/LHD adds.
I don’t think it does though, Kupari is finding really good chemistry with Phil on the PK and maybe it can grow into more ala Kempe.
Arvidsson and AI are expendable because of the youth and because Blake signed Trevor LT, which to me means he already picked which of the two he’s keeping.
I still believe Blake is going to go for something big in the off-season, too many RHD and F’s as you mentioned.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I don’t think it does though, Kupari is finding really good chemistry with Phil on the PK and maybe it can grow into more ala Kempe.
Arvidsson and AI are expendable because of the youth and because Blake signed Trevor LT, which to me means he already picked which of the two he’s keeping.
I still believe Blake is going to go for something big in the off-season, too many RHD and F’s as you mentioned.
I actually agree with you -- Arvi/AI are on the downturn of their careers. Better to get the youth in and ride that wave. I was tryign to be worst-case-scenario on the ST forward hit. I think we'd actually gain by the end. So best to trade them both this off-season while we can and get something before they become an albatross.

Reactions: Kurrilino

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I actually agree with you -- Arvi/AI are on the downturn of their careers. Better to get the youth in and ride that wave. I was tryign to be worst-case-scenario on the ST forward hit. I think we'd actually gain by the end. So best to trade them both this off-season while we can and get something before they become an albatross.

Arvidsson is going into his final year. Hardly what I would term an albatross. I think he's been fine this season and I would think if they wanted to deal him in the offseason, there would be a market.

AI has 2-years left after this year, not too bad but I wouldn't mind seeing him shipped out. Worst case, play out next season and buy out the last year if he really shits the bed.

Can't see how the cap does not shoot up in the next few seasons though which will help things out league wide.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If Korpisalo and Gavrikov play well and the Kings want to extend them then some combo of Iafallo, Arvidsson and Peterson would have to be traded.
There is a lot of hockey to be played before this decision will have to be made.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake's offseason plan

Evaluate Gavrikov--extend? If no, need two LHD (maybe one if Bjornfot); if yes, need one LHD (maybe not if Bjornfot).
Evaluate Korpisalo--extend? Regardless, need to shore up the goaltending pipeline with AT LEAST one blue chip prospect.
Evaluate salary--may need to start moving roster players for picks (recoup 1st? trade roster player with pick to move up?) and to clear spots for youth.
Evaluate contracts/prospects--need to start opening up spots for youth or recycling guys like Madden into similar (hopefully not lesser) picks.

suddenly a long list of guys who are no longer waiver eligible and/or need extensions on top of the above

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Arvidsson is going into his final year. Hardly what I would term an albatross. I think he's been fine this season and I would think if they wanted to deal him in the offseason, there would be a market.

AI has 2-years left after this year, not too bad but I wouldn't mind seeing him shipped out. Worst case, play out next season and buy out the last year if he really shits the bed.

Can't see how the cap does not shoot up in the next few seasons though which will help things out league wide.
Moving both allows you the ability to sign all your RFAs and possibly still have enough monies to sign two LHD if they don’t have faith in Toby

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Blake's offseason plan

Evaluate Gavrikov--extend? If no, need two LHD (maybe one if Bjornfot); if yes, need one LHD (maybe not if Bjornfot).
Evaluate Korpisalo--extend? Regardless, need to shore up the goaltending pipeline with AT LEAST one blue chip prospect.
Evaluate salary--may need to start moving roster players for picks (recoup 1st? trade roster player with pick to move up?) and to clear spots for youth.
Evaluate contracts/prospects--need to start opening up spots for youth or recycling guys like Madden into similar (hopefully not lesser) picks.

suddenly a long list of guys who are no longer waiver eligible and/or need extensions on top of the above
That is EVERY GM’s off-season plan - just in varying degrees. Not sure what the big deal is.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Blake's offseason plan

Pretty much, this off-season is going to be the biggest building block towards making the Kings a contender again so Blake better not f*** up!
Gavrikov will probably be the 5th best LHD available this off-season so the Kings would be able to pivot especially if his ask is too high.
Karpisalo is going to be our best bet at a short term goalie. We need to draft at least two G’s this draft, sign Portillo if possible and another guy and hope the pipeline can be rebuilt quickly.
The question now is who’s going in the off-season? I think these possible playoffs will determine what guys they move..

Reactions: kinghock

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
An upgrade over Blake Lizotte would be a very welcome addition. Lizotte is better suited providing energy on the 4th line.

Adding someone like Max Domi to play between Kevin Fiala and Gabe Vilardi would be lethal, and give opponents more of a challenge in trying to matchup lines with the Kopitar line, the Danault line, and the Fiala line.

Reactions: DapperDan

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yea hope he doesnt half ass it and just goes all in now. Get Chychrun and Bjugstad and there are no more holes. Them and Gavrikov solve the size problem but their only big issue at that point would be actual heavy physicality.
But it would he a complete team top to bottom.

The guys at the 4th Period seem to think we're still in the hunt.

"As for L.A., they may not be done. Kings GM Rob Blake created an additional $1.7 million in salary cap space giving them just over $5.2 million to play with. As I reported on Tuesday, the Kings had a significant offer on the table for Arizona Coyotes defenceman Jakob Chychrun. In fact, I’m told by a very well-placed source that standing offer was “very lucrative” and remained on the table for a better part of February. I don’t know what was fully pitched, but it’s clear the Coyotes tried to see if they could get more."

Does he really have the stones to get two LHD. It would mean they'd trade both the'23 and 24 or 25 1st pick. This would be straight up Lombardi type shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad