Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The guys at the 4th Period seem to think we're still in the hunt.

"As for L.A., they may not be done. Kings GM Rob Blake created an additional $1.7 million in salary cap space giving them just over $5.2 million to play with. As I reported on Tuesday, the Kings had a significant offer on the table for Arizona Coyotes defenceman Jakob Chychrun. In fact, I’m told by a very well-placed source that standing offer was “very lucrative” and remained on the table for a better part of February. I don’t know what was fully pitched, but it’s clear the Coyotes tried to see if they could get more."

Does he really have the stones to get two LHD. It would mean they'd trade both the'23 and 24 or 25 1st pick. This would be straight up Lombardi type shit.

If Blake trades the 24 1st and 25th 1st, I don't expect this board to survive......

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The guys at the 4th Period seem to think we're still in the hunt.

"As for L.A., they may not be done. Kings GM Rob Blake created an additional $1.7 million in salary cap space giving them just over $5.2 million to play with. As I reported on Tuesday, the Kings had a significant offer on the table for Arizona Coyotes defenceman Jakob Chychrun. In fact, I’m told by a very well-placed source that standing offer was “very lucrative” and remained on the table for a better part of February. I don’t know what was fully pitched, but it’s clear the Coyotes tried to see if they could get more."

Does he really have the stones to get two LHD. It would mean they'd trade both the'23 and 24 or 25 1st pick. This would be straight up Lombardi type shit.
With the way the rebuild went, how they brought in guys like Danault and Fiala from the outside, and now giving up 1sts for rentals it would be ok if they just go all in right?
Done caring about the what ifs cause this is the bed that has been made. Lets have fun watching some good hockey. I personally wouldnt have done it this way and dont love it but I am just a fan and this is team they made for us to watch. So I hope they make the best roster they can right now.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I see the BlueJackets are holding out Korpisalo and Gavrikov...Is LA their next home...who's going the other way...Turcotte,Walker or Roy,Grundstrom,Madden,Lemieux,Grans,...2nd rounder in 2024...but what else...what will it take for Columbus to bite...both Gavrikov and Korpisalo are UFA at seasons end,maybe LA trades them a few prospects not named Chromiak and be done with it
I see I see said the blind man...Gavrikov and Korpisalo nice! Gav is instantly our best Defensive D-man bar none and Korpi our best goaltender! Hated to see LA part with the draft choices especially the 1st rounder as for the 3rd Rounder LA has two in 2023,1 by way of the Carter deal from Pitt so...Blake's just trying to stay up with the "arms race" dealers,will it be enough?Its been said we need a 3rd line centre in the worst way one with size that doesn't tossed around like a rag doll like Lizotte though he'd be fine as a 4th liner I guess if that's what you want there...Rather have Lias there personally cause he has more jam and can play any Forward position or Turcotte because of his speed...oh got off topic...the 3rd line Centre...what about Byfield between Iafallo and either Vilardi or Moore leaving Fiala on the 2nd line with Arvy and Danault...as for the 1st line LWing...well what about Grundstrom he's paid his dues or Kaliyev? perhaps Artur isn't quite ready for that jump quite yet but...Yes the Kings have a shit load of Forwards and RD-men but in a years time Roy and Walker will be UFA's and most likely dealt as rentals so the kids(Spence,Clark) can move in unless the Kings go to the Cup Finals or something Miraculous like the Manchester ride!!!Guess we will see Blake has time but not a whole bunch! Getting Gavtikov and Korpisalo without selling the "Farm" and not being tied into lengthy contracts was actually a helluva move! Hope it pans out and it looks like it will,at least it has a very good chance to succeed!!!Good Luck to Gavrikov and Korpisalo may your stay be Lengthy,Successful and Enjoyable Welcome to Crazy TinselTown!!!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I see I see said the blind man...Gavrikov and Korpisalo nice! Gav is instantly our best Defensive D-man bar none and Korpi our best goaltender! Hated to see LA part with the draft choices especially the 1st rounder as for the 3rd Rounder LA has two in 2023,1 by way of the Carter deal from Pitt so...Blake's just trying to stay up with the "arms race" dealers,will it be enough?Its been said we need a 3rd line centre in the worst way one with size that doesn't tossed around like a rag doll like Lizotte though he'd be fine as a 4th liner I guess if that's what you want there...Rather have Lias there personally cause he has more jam and can play any Forward position or Turcotte because of his speed...oh got off topic...the 3rd line Centre...what about Byfield between Iafallo and either Vilardi or Moore leaving Fiala on the 2nd line with Arvy and Danault...as for the 1st line LWing...well what about Grundstrom he's paid his dues or Kaliyev? perhaps Artur isn't quite ready for that jump quite yet but...Yes the Kings have a shit load of Forwards and RD-men but in a years time Roy and Walker will be UFA's and most likely dealt as rentals so the kids(Spence,Clark) can move in unless the Kings go to the Cup Finals or something Miraculous like the Manchester ride!!!Guess we will see Blake has time but not a whole bunch! Getting Gavtikov and Korpisalo without selling the "Farm" and not being tied into lengthy contracts was actually a helluva move! Hope it pans out and it looks like it will,at least it has a very good chance to succeed!!!Good Luck to Gavrikov and Korpisalo may your stay be Lengthy,Successful and Enjoyable Welcome to Crazy TinselTown!!!
Our best defensive Dman is still Matt Roy and it’s closely followed by Mikey. Gavrikov is a good addition who should be paired with Roy to create a shutdown pairing but Todd will f*** that up for sure

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Hoven is saying" Bjugstad, Domi, Bonino, are targets to bring in more grit."

"Gavrikov is Robyn Regehr"

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
If Blake trades the 24 1st and 25th 1st, I don't expect this board to survive......
I feel its pretty unlikely. But realistically, there is a lot of young depth in the organization and they will be low picks so there is that.

Then again, Pearson and Kempe were low firsts.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Hoven also said kings wouldn’t trade quick and wouldn’t go for a goalie
Nobody had a clue Quick would go, hell Quick didn't know it was possible until after the game last night.
Blake held it close to his vest.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hoven is saying" Bjugstad, Domi, Bonino, are targets to bring in more grit."

"Gavrikov is Robyn Regehr"

"Gavrikov will be the closest thing LA has had to a Robyn Regehr-type in many years — a big, physical blueliner, who plays defense first."

Ya, that's a big you smoking-some-shit-comparison right there. :huh:

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Ok, Doughty, horrific game last night. Forcing a pass on the PP for a short hander. Getting cute at the blue line doing the Durzi & getting bailed out by Lizotte on the resulting 2 on 0. Behind the WPG net with 2 mins to go in a tie game. Constantly shooting like he thinks he can hit the net. Seriously, does he need glasses?

The PP would improve with Doughty off it.
OT, Doughty is good at defending, but then he makes dumb passes & takes shots that miss the net & result in turnovers.

Option 1: practice shooting until he can hit the net.
Option 2: convince him to play within his abilities
Option 3: Trade.

Sucks up too much cap to have a game like he did.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Our best defensive Dman is still Matt Roy and it’s closely followed by Mikey. Gavrikov is a good addition who should be paired with Roy to create a shutdown pairing but Todd will f*** that up for sure

Anything is better than Edler and no matter how bad he sets up the pairs, just having him out of the lineup is an improvement

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Once you see Gavrikov play you'll change your mind! Gavrikov is much better than Roy but I guess we'll see that very soon

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I was not big fan of Mikey before this year, but my opinion got changed.
I believe now Mikey is >>> Roy.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Anything is better than Edler and no matter how bad he sets up the pairs, just having him out of the lineup is an improvement
Alexander Edler was the Whole Dam Defense in Vancouver for 15 Years! He was their best D-man by a country mile or is that 1.609..KiloMetre! He's done his part in LA helping bring the Tre Kroner up to competing every day! Give him some slack he's been a 17 year Vet of NHL Wars and survived! He should go into the HHOF

Attachments

• Alexander Edler.jpg
    Alexander Edler.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Let’s get Chychrun and Bjugstad.

PP1: Chychrun
PP2: Durzi

PK1: Anderson - Doughty
PK2: Gavrikov - Roy
I'm pretty sure Gavrikov was the backup deal to Chychrun. It would be unbelievable if Arizona turns around and makes the deal now with a 2024 first ++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad