Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
What I’m trying to figure out is what does success mean after a trade like this? Is it winning one round and they walk? Two rounds minimum if they walk? No rounds but they sign? One round and one signs?

I feel like it’ll feel wrong no matter what unless 1) we sign both and win a round, 2) we sign one and win two rounds, or 3) we get to the SCF re-signings be damned.

I’m not sure how confident I feel in any of those three scenarios. Also, if Quick wears a Knights uniform…

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Mitchell is a better comparison, pretty similar games.
Sure. Just had to point out that the resident expert on all things Kings and "what the Kings are going to do" was wrong about his trade prediction and is now using ridiculous comps after the fact.

Still can't believe posters come on here and have 100% faith in typing something like "that's not what Blake will do. Hoven says x, y and z".

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
So what is the story with Demko, hear bad hips which is a deathblow for a goalie? Is that the issue?
I

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
If Quick ends up in a Vegas uniform that would be gross. But I hope they play him because he's not good anymore y'all. Just bank shots off of the end boards and when he loses sight of it smack those rebounds in. Or wraparounds. That's the telltale sign that he no longer has the reflexes.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Reading, Ziggy. Reading.

"big, physical blueliner"

This is Regehr.

You know I can keep going with this, right? :nod:

You know who also can block shots on the PK? Sean Walker. But that doesn't mean he's a big, physical blueliner.

Gavrikov isn't a punishing hitter, but he's akin to what the likes of Regehr and Scuderi did in using their size to their advantage. I'm not expecting him to obliterate opponents, but I expect him to defend better than the likes of Walker and Durzi and Edler.

Does Walker average 3:31 of ice-time in penalty killing situations? Does Walker average 20+ minutes of ice-time per game? Is Walker known to be a shutdown defenseman?

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Trying to look at this pragmatically, a 1st and a 3rd to cover your 2 most significant holes on the roster while also shedding a 6 million $ cap hit is not the steepest price to pay. In a vacuum, this was a good value trade. With that said though, I don't know how the **** you blindside jettison a club legend as they did, the optics are beyond distasteful. This trade is a ginormous gamble, one that I really don't feel this team was ready to make. The only way this trade will be a success is if you're able to sign on both these past this year. The upside is you solved your 2 main issues long term, the downside is you get bounced in the first 2 rounds, and neither guy resigns long term putting you right back at square one except this time you don't have your 1st round pick to address it, whilst also stabbing one of the franchises greatest players in the back.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Unless Blake picks up someone else, bottom 6 forward sandpaper type I can see him right before the deadline hitting up Armstrong again with like 2025 1st, Grans, Fagemo and Walker or something.

Just amazing how the landing spots for Chychrun just keep shrinking and shrinking.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That’s exactly who I was thinking he’s a lot more like Mitchell. And god and Zeus both know we need a Mitchell

Yeah it's the same controlled type of game. He is an event minimizer, which will help us.

+/- isn't the best indicator, but there is this. In the last 4 years since Gavrikov has been in CLB, they are a -113 at even strength. Gavrikov is a -23 over that span. And every season but his first he's taken top competition, equal to or higher than Werenski.

He just shuts stuff down. If he's a good fit he could be exactly what we need, we'll have to see if he settles in.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Let me reiterate how stupid Armstrong is. This should shut up Arizona posters especially RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad