Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
After having experienced Lombardi's inability to deal from a place of loyalty, it is somewhat refreshing to see Blake be a bit of a cutthroat. Would be nice if these were the players to help address the Kings' needs.

Quick will always be a legend, it's just business right now.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Why would anyone think Siravelli would be lying about this?

Yeah, lets let the great and honest people who cover the Kings to confirm it. I'm sure they will be more than willing to report something that makes the management look bad, they have a great history of doing that, digging deep and asking tough questions.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Why would anyone think Siravelli would be lying about this?

Yeah, lets let the great and honest people who cover the Kings to confirm it. I'm sure they will be more than willing to report something that makes the management look bad, they have a great history of doing that, digging deep and asking tough questions.
I assume you have not actually read local La Sports media.

They can rip a team when they deserve it and have ripped the kings in the past

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Ok now do 3rd in 2023, 1st in 2024, walker, and durzi for chychrun

Anderson-doughty
Chychrun-Roy
Gavrikov-spence
Edler

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick is perhaps the most competitive player to ever wear a Kings uniform.

Makes me wonder what we can get for our 2C next season at the deadline.

I don't like wasting a first round pick on a trade that isn't going to move the Kings any closer to true contention. If Quick is pissed, some of it may be he probably knows this deal matters not in the outcome of this season.

Reactions: Piston

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Ok now do 3rd in 2023, 1st in 2024, walker, and durzi for chychrun

Anderson-doughty
Chychrun-Roy
Gavrikov-spence
Edler
Thats the thing. They still arent complete. Even with Gavrikov and Korpisalo they need another left dman and bottom six center with size and they probably have to move out Walker and Lemieux.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
If it goes through as said, that will open up another 1.7m in cap. Plenty of room if they are planning a Chychrun move.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Chychrun AND Bjugstad were scratched...
I feel like if you are trading Quick like that and the 2023 first for rentals you have to go all in and do the damn thing. Best case scenario is a one and done like St Louis but it is what it is.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Chychrun AND Bjugstad were scratched...
1677653724381.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Did we move Lemieux?

CapFriendly is rarely if ever wrong about these things.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Well, I'll take a stab at it now...

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Lizotte - Vilardi
Iafallo - Kupari - Kaliyev
Grundstrom, JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Durzi
Edler - Roy
Walker

Korpisalo
Copley

😭

Edit: Good call, forgot Kaliyev.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings aren’t done. They need a 3c.

Also, Moore is on IR and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s done for the year.

Kings need to put back together the 4th line of Lemieux-Lizotte-Kayilev. You forgot Kayilev.

Kupari is waiver exempt - back to AHL.

Kings then pick up a 3C with some grit like Max Domi.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Have to think a big move may be on the cards as part of clearing space, if so the trade makes more sense. Playing devils advocate (I hate giving up multiple 1st rounders) but the Quick move actually makes more sense if we also get JC in a move that costs us the ‘24 1st. It would then actually be a proper attempt to go for it, given how open the West is. The roster as is get booted in the 2nd round, most likely (depending on final seeding). I’m not saying I’d like it but I’d understand it. So if we get another LD or a 3C I’d see the thought process because the WCF becomes a realistic target.

If we end up the losing guys as rentals and we fall short I could see a retool happening very quickly if there’s no pay off. It could also easily cost BLuc their jobs, especially if we don’t get out of the 1st round and don’t sign either of our rentals.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
If we were only making this one move couldn’t we have just sent walker and a 1st and maybe a 4th or 5th to cover the extra year of walkers contract? Or I guess they didn’t want to carry 3 goalies…

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If we were only making this one move couldn’t we have just sent walker and a 1st and maybe a 4th or 5th to cover the extra year of walkers contract? Or I guess they didn’t want to carry 3 goalies…

Agree, we should have been able to tell Columbus what they are taking back, and they will like it......

But.....here's a hint....trades don't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad