Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I still don't understand how the team went from an array of Hextall, Ferreira, O'Connell, Solomon, Yannetti, Futa etc. Almost none of which (actually maybe none at all) were former Kings to being composed of almost exclusively of former Kings in any management position.
I might have missed a discussion on here regarding this but it was interesting hearing Lombardi talk about how he got sloppy at the end but seemed to chalk some of it up to not liking what was going on in the organization. Hoven obviously didn't press on what that meant but I took it as a Bluc thing, emphasis on the luc portion of it.

Now all of their ex-King buddies have jobs. Strange.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
The answer you’re looking for is Luc Robitaille.

Amen. On the Podcast Hoven did with DL, Lombardi hinted strongly that he was dealing with internal issues within the organization- I forgot the exact words. Dean has far too much class to name names, but Luc was stabbing him in the back from the beginning, IMHO. I think it is Luc who has destroyed a great organization.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20230228_183814_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: funky

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Amen. On the Podcast Hoven did with DL, Lombardi hinted strongly that he was dealing with internal issues within the organization- I forgot the exact words. Dean has far too much class to name names, but Luc was stabbing him in the back from the beginning, IMHO. I think it is Luc who has destroyed a great organization.
Dean definitely made plenty of mistakes near the end but the total lack of slack the only GM to ever win a championship for this franchise got was shocking.

Reactions: Piston

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
if he's hardlining the refusal to extend it would be a tremendous mistake for blake to make this trade

this is not a team that's going to be put over the edge by a middling goalie and an (albeit good) defenseman rental. needs to be an extension in place to make sense

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
W
Gavrikov is going to test the market and is likely a pure rental

Would be a nice reward for the guys and possibly moved them into 2nd/3rd contention. Korpisalo could be extended while Gav could walk and we would still have options for a LHD with the upcoming LHD UFA class

Edit: depending on the price of course.. I don’t see a 2023 1st being traded so I’m good with it

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'd just pay the price for Chychrun. Right now the only competition for him would be maybe Winnipeg and Pittsburgh. Everyone else has spent. In the offseason that'll expand to all the lottery/middling teams like Calgary, Detroit, Nashville, St Louis

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Gavrikov doesn't play big or hit or fight - what's the point? And he is an UFA.

At least Chychrum has some fighting majors and is jacked. Also, under contract for two more years.
Gavrikov and Chychrun average roughly the same amount of hits per 60.

Gavrikov blocks significantly more shots than JC.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If there was a way to make the cap work I'd love to get a package of JT Miller and Demko. Miller's intensity would be appreciated, as would a legit goalie.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm looking at Copper's body language and it appears to me he's starting to ware down too quickly. I hope Blake brings in another goalie(Korpisalo). The Copper magic is starting to fade away.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Dean definitely made plenty of mistakes near the end but the total lack of slack the only GM to ever win a championship for this franchise got was shocking.

This was and still is the issue. Lombardi had earned the right to rebuild the team again. It’s absurd to me to this day that a two time Cup winning GM was abruptly shown the door after three measly years of fringe playoff contention.

There’s no doubt he made some bad moves down the stretch but he deserved the chance to right the ship.

Meanwhile Rob Blake is on year six of doing absolutely f*** all and he’s nowhere close to the hot seat.

Something rotten in Denmark.

Quit being a debbie downer

Some of us actually care about watching the team hang another Cup banner, not another “we made the playoffs” participation ribbon.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Gavrikov doesn't play big or hit or fight - what's the point? And he is an UFA.

At least Chychrum has some fighting majors and is jacked. Also, under contract for two more years.
As a pure rental, I'd probably send a 3rd for Gavrikov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad