Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Poo slinger eklund has kings having interest in severson from nj

Meh
It sounded more like talking to & his guess was a ufa, RD. blackwood on IR. Can't imagine they'd move a goalie before playoffs. Maybe they still have a LD prospect for prospect swap. Haven't checked after the Timo trade.

Gross. 🤢
Isn’t he the one that started them?
Kypreos started the Clarke thing. Not bothering looking up the spelling on his name.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It sounded more like talking to & his guess was a ufa, RD. blackwood on IR. Can't imagine they'd move a goalie before playoffs. Maybe they still have a LD prospect for prospect swap. Haven't checked after the Timo trade.

Gross. 🤢

Kypreos started the Clarke thing. Not bothering looking up the spelling on his name.
Lmao, close enough dude..

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Would be so Kings to do nothing and go into the playoffs with the same weaknesses we started the season with. Who knows- with the flurry of trades today maybe Blake is waiting for GMs to get punch drunk.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I can’t believe he does nothing , the team would have 5-6 more wins with decent goaltending and until this road trip were playing well enough a GM needs to show them he believes in them .
Copley seams to be losing confidence more and more lately IMHO and it will be ugly to go against the oilers in the first round with a hungry 97 and 29 and their defense got better today …..going to be a long 72 hours

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Chychrun can't skate or pass... Now I have heard it all. Agree with you johnjm22. The evaluation from Kings fans compared to the rest of the league come Chychrun is insane. Anyone claiming he would be third pairing or at most a solid second pairing D-men... Makes me seriously question their takes on anything in any form or way. Is the guy perfect? No. Is he a legit top pairing D and good-great #2 on any competing team? Hell yes. He is better than Muzzin or Voynov.
If people want to complain about the price sure yet the devaluation of Chychrun needs to stop. It just makes said poster(s) look clueless. If Clarke turns into a Chychrun level talent for example I would be ecstatic.
Many members of this forum drastically underrate offensive defenseman, and it’s been like that for a long time around here. It’s pretty insane to hear some of the opinions about JC, as you mentioned before, people talking about him not being a #2 or #3 d-man is just lol bad. Yes, we know he isn’t Mattias Norstrom as a shut down guy, if he were he’d be a legit superstar in the league. It’s funny how the downside to offensive defenseman (even 1st ballot HOF ones like EK) are magnified to no end, but the downsides to defensive defenseman or even guys like Doughty aren’t.

I think many here would be happy with 6 Mikey Anderson’s on the back end.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
This team desperately needs “fan press credential of the week” so that ANYONE not mortally afraid of having their entire livelihood cut off by pissing off management might actually ask them a real question and make them do some introspection, even if only for 30 seconds.
Being GM of the Kings has to be one of the least stressful jobs in all of sports.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
This team desperately needs “fan press credential of the week” so that ANYONE not mortally afraid of having their entire livelihood cut off by pissing off management might actually ask them a real question and make them do some introspection, even if only for 30 seconds.
They actually have a Q&A session during the season ticket holder meetings before a game. I was at one a few years ago when Quick was playing like garbage for the entire season. Someone asked Luc, so are we trading Quick? Yeah, Luc just tapped danced around that and Quick was starting the game day. But that season ticket holder had the balls to ask!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Many members of this forum drastically underrate offensive defenseman, and it’s been like that for a long time around here. It’s pretty insane to hear some of the opinions about JC, as you mentioned before, people talking about him not being a #2 or #3 d-man is just lol bad. Yes, we know he isn’t Mattias Norstrom as a shut down guy, if he were he’d be a legit superstar in the league. It’s funny how the downside to offensive defenseman (even 1st ballot HOF ones like EK) are magnified to no end, but the downsides to defensive defenseman or even guys like Doughty isn’t.

I think many here would be happy with 6 Mikey Anderson’s on the back end.
If you read this thread the last few pages you learn a few things.

1. Everyone decent is untouchable
2. Good players are bums if their acquisition cost isn’t dirt cheap
3 Chychrun is bad because he’s not the best man who’s ever lived.
4. Sean Walker is immovable.
5. Some dude said they’d stop watching the Kings if JAD got traded. Lol

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hey Blakey... so... you wanna... I've had a ton of bites, it's been non-stop let me tell ya, but I've still got him... if, you know... want to increase your offer.

licensed-image

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would be so Kings to do nothing and go into the playoffs with the same weaknesses we started the season with. Who knows- with the flurry of trades today maybe Blake is waiting for GMs to get punch drunk.

And then move some of those guys for picks and then use those picks to draft 5'11" Cs and RHDs

Reactions: kinghock

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Blake is a total idiot. Honestly. Even if you’re not acquiring players just f***ing trade some RD for some picks at least. We don’t need f***ing Walker.

And he said that the Holtz was the main piece of the Meier trade and then 10 mins later he wasn’t even involved in the trade lol
Not defending him. It’s the only trade rumour I’ve seen him comment on. I don’t follow any rumours as a rule because it’s all BS. We are ‘linked’ with every LD not because there’s anything to it but because the LD in question might be available. They are ALL full of it.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
They actually have a Q&A session during the season ticket holder meetings before a game. I was at one a few years ago when Quick was playing like garbage for the entire season. Someone asked Luc, so are we trading Quick? Yeah, Luc just tapped danced around that and Quick was starting the game day. But that season ticket holder had the balls to ask!
Yeah I’ve been to those events back in the Taylor/Lombardi days. Once a year isn’t enough.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not defending him. It’s the only trade rumour I’ve seen him comment on. I don’t follow any rumours as a rule because it’s all BS. We are ‘linked’ with every LD not because there’s anything to it but because the LD in question might be available. They are ALL full of it.
I get it. Just saying why they call him PagNOTta

Reactions: Statto

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Isn’t he the one that started them?
No he said QB and Clarke were not on the table (pretty quickly) and speculated (by his own admission based only on his imagination) that the issue with whatever the deal was the salary going the other way. Despite this half this board repeatedly talked about which players salary was the hold up as if he reported it as fact. I guess that’s why he’s a hack… LOL. As I say, no idea on his other rumour hits.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I still don't understand how the team went from an array of Hextall, Ferreira, O'Connell, Solomon, Yannetti, Futa etc. Almost none of which (actually maybe none at all) were former Kings to being composed of almost exclusively of former Kings in any management position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad