Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Ekholm is built for playoff hockey. He would have been a big add for LA. Will make EDM that much better.

I don’t know anymore. Blake could go lots of ways but I suspect he is gonna do a Stecher type move and wait for summer. I still don’t think they do Korpisalo and do Quick like that either, as much as I think they should.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm gonna say "well we saw these holes 1.5 years ago Blake welcome to the club"

But Telos is absolutely right that Blake is running headfirst into a brickwall of depreciating assets, excess (and excessive $/term) contracts, and suddenly-waiver-eligible kids who haven't had a chance to prove anything.
Well let’s go through these issues as you mentioned them because this seems to be more of a Kings fan base issue than an actual asset management one..
1) depreciating assets… look no further than Nils Lundkvist as a prime example of what still happens with “depreciation assets”. Spence is taking over for Walker as I still see Durzi as trade bait and Clarke will likely start in Ontario unless he absolutely kills it in TC(but even then we know the routine).. Grans is also likely trade bait..
Turcotte is still exempt as are Chromiak, Pinelli and Helenius.. that’s about it for forwards.. Fagemo is a scorer but gives me Frk vibes, the kid is presumed to be a replacement for Arvy(whom I’d trade) but he’s more cherry picker than a guy that can win board battles.
2) excessive term and monies??
Are we talking about Cal? Because I agree that it was a big FU on Blake’s part. Some here have been bitchin about Walkers deal but it was in fact a damn good deal when he signed it, at a low ACV.. Edler shouldn’t have been resigned but I’m assuming Todd wanted him back even after his injury.

I think I covered your first and third points in my first reply but I just refuse to get worked up over a team that has plenty of issues beyond LHD and G…. Blake Will make the needed additions in the off-season as he should considering the ridiculous prices being paid. Who do you want RJ?? Soucy, Graves, Orlov, Dumoulin, Gavrikov or maybe another shot at Chychrun because he’ll still be there by all accounts..
Of course, we also need a goalie and have been needing one for awhile. They’ll be a quite a few stop gap goalies available but obviously we’d all love a long term solution..

My point is that this team is being built to not only be competitive now while Kopi and the other assisted living guys are here but also for when(fingers crossed) the Fiala, Byfield, Clarke, Kaliyev, Spence, Kempe.. etc take over the team… and isn’t that what we’re all really waiting for???

Last edited:
Reactions: Sausages

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Just to bring 6.25M down to an even 6M? That's a weird one, for sure. Looks a bit better, feels a bit better, but goofy as hell to go through with it.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
He's a good passer. He's a good skater. He's good defensively. I agree he's not a shutdown guy though, and there has been times when his d game wasn't great.

There's weak spots in his game, like there is with anyone, but he's pretty well rounded.

Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Roy

That'd be one of the best top 4's in the game.
This is not what I see from him any time he plays the King's.

Last time his passes were all off. Out of the wheelhouse, just out of reach or behind players so they couldn't make a play with the puck. Maybe he was rusty coming off an injury, again.

His skating isn't good if he's getting out muscled by Kaliyev.

His career assist are low for someone with his deployment. Edit: maybe AZ sucks at finishing or Chychrun misses the net & doesn't leave rebounds when he misses his shots.

I'm looking at someone who is getting premium deployment on a bad team & trying to figure out if Chychrun looks bad because he's on a bottom dweller or if he's getting a boost from all the extra minutes. Every time I see him, it isn't impressive.

We're looking at a D whose numbers will likely take a hit not being gifted ice time. Isn't a good enough puck mover to be paired with Roy & likely ends up on the 3rd pair because Mikey & Roy are far superior with regards to defense. At a cost of multiple 1sts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad