Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not if you are trying to hold on to your 1st round pick.

There have been 21 trades going back just over a week or so to the Tarasenko move
Only ones that have involved 1sts:

Ryan O Reilly
Orlov with Retention and Hathaway
Meier is a CONDITIONAL 1st
Tanner Jeannot when the Lightning Ricky Williams'ed
McCabe a CONDITIONAL 1st
Sandin

So less than a 5th returned an unconditional 1st so far and that includes some big names like Tarasenko too, probably another one in Ekholm now too and I'm sure Chychrun will. But the 'average' trade so far has seen modest returns considering the hostage asks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Is Ekholm the really the same player he used to be? His D game is in decline from what I've seen.

The Oilers are so dumb, it's hard for me to imagine them making a good move.

Anyways, it does sound like he's going to Edmonton. Another suiter for Chychrun gone.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Ekholm the really the same player he used to be? His D game is in decline from what I've seen.

The Oilers are so dumb, it's hard for me to imagine them making a good move.

Anyways, it does sound like he's going to Edmonton. Another suiter for Chychrun gone.

Im not trying to be abrasive, I know we're disagreeing a lot over the last few days. I think he's being pretty hardcore underrated, I think this is the best deadline move so far.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Is it wishful thinking that we nab a solid C and goalie during the offseason? The UFA list looks decent this year, but I see a lot of those players getting resigned or sniped by another team.

Damn, Ekholm is a good pickup by Edmonton. At least its not Karlsson...

Reactions: LAKings88

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Im not trying to be abrasive, I know we're disagreeing a lot over the last few days. I think he's being pretty hardcore underrated, I think this is the best deadline move so far.

Well they just got a lot better then.

I'd worry about his age if I was them though.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Not sure if Blake's specialty is the trade deadline - he shows sometimes he is an amateur GM.

Lombardi was GM of the Sharks, then a scout, and then GM of the Kings. He had Jack Ferrieira and Mike Futa (former GM of Owen Sound) helping him. That's basically three GM's and two with NHL experience.

Blake brought on Bergevin for a reason - Nelson Emerson has no experience as a GM either.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
He's a good passer. He's a good skater. He's good defensively. I agree he's not a shutdown guy though, and there has been times when his d game wasn't great.

There's weak spots in his game, like there is with anyone, but he's pretty well rounded.

Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Roy

That'd be one of the best top 4's in the game.
Chychrun can't skate or pass... Now I have heard it all. Agree with you johnjm22. The evaluation from Kings fans compared to the rest of the league come Chychrun is insane. Anyone claiming he would be third pairing or at most a solid second pairing D-men... Makes me seriously question their takes on anything in any form or way. Is the guy perfect? No. Is he a legit top pairing D and good-great #2 on any competing team? Hell yes. He is better than Muzzin or Voynov.
If people want to complain about the price sure yet the devaluation of Chychrun needs to stop. It just makes said poster(s) look clueless. If Clarke turns into a Chychrun level talent for example I would be ecstatic.

Reactions: Herby

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
A C? why?

We need D ( in addition to G)
We need it all really. But a C should be considered seeing as all of our C prospects are now playing wing, and Lizotte isn't an ideal 3C. It is one of the most important positions in hockey...

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

I think he would have fit in with the Kings, after Edler leaves you now got another guy besides Doughty to help mentor young guys. That said the Oilers, like the Kings, are still so weak in goal, its like fixing the fuel injectors but not addressing the transmission problem. You still don't end up moving anywhere.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

He's always been a pretty "nasty" type player too if I'm remembering correctly. Him and Nurse on the back end is going to be annoying.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Ducks fan coming in peace.... You guys need goaltending and maybe another good defensemen.. What's the plan? I was thinking maybe kings can go after Gibson.?
Count me in

Should we toilet paper his house
or
do the flaming poop bag on his porch?

0*BhRb7BPuuXuSZQFt.gif

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Well they just got a lot better then.

I'd worry about his age if I was them though.

That's really the biggest concern, but they don't care as they have to go for it. He's 32 and has what, 3 years after this? Not that terrible. They'll have to make room though, his contract is beefy. They would have to give a lot to get Nashville to retain on him.

Reactions: LAKings88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad