Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One thing I've learned from Blake as gm is he's very shrewd. Rarely overpays....

He's been VERY conservative to this point and that's been mostly appreciated.

However now he's at the hard part and he appears trigger shy. And it's not just the deadline. It's the literal years he's had to solve LHD, G, and contracts/slots/prospects.

We'll see if he just lets the clock run out for a flag. I don't think he has 'it.' This is about where DL started to shine, we'll see what Blake has. I can't imagine how bloodthirsty Lombardi would be right now seeing the west wide open and bleeding assets with clear holes to fill.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
One thing I've learned from Blake as gm is he's very shrewd. Rarely overpays....
Blake has never been in the position he is now. Closest he's been to this (believes he is a contender, coming off of a first round exit) was when he tried to trade for Patches and settled on the Kovy signing. To be fair, he already did his "Patches trade" by picking up Fiala but now he's sitting here in the mix at the TDL with actual expectations and some serious holes on the roster.

I firmly believe he wants Chychrun because he's already shown he doesn't give a shit about toughness and just wants to load up on skill. He's going to have to part with something he doesn't want to part with though. If Byfield and Clarke are off the table, I don't know how Arizona is even interested unless Kaliyev is part of it. That's a big no from me and I can't imagine Blake loves the idea of one of his best draft picks being shipped out.

Blake's best picks when factoring in production and value (where would they go in a redraft?) are Anderson, Kaliyev, Faber and Spence. One has been shipped out already and I'm asking for Kaliyev/Spence if I am Arizona.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He's been VERY conservative to this point and that's been mostly appreciated.

However now he's at the hard part and he appears trigger shy. And it's not just the deadline. It's the literal years he's had to solve LHD, G, and contracts/slots/prospects.

We'll see if he just lets the clock run out for a flag. I don't think he has 'it.' This is about where DL started to shine, we'll see what Blake has. I can't imagine how bloodthirsty Lombardi would be right now seeing the west wide open and bleeding assets with clear holes to fill.

This is really the only big complaint I've had about the job he's done. He's got assets up the wazoo and should have addressed it already. He's been great with trades and amassing talent, now he needs to show he's good at consolidating those assets into something that takes the roster up a notch.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
The Kane trade and the Schenn trade makes me feel like the price points are now dropping across the board. The time to buy is arriving.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Korpisalo this month: 5gp 2.43gaa .933sv%

And that's while playing on the Blue Jackets.

When Korpisalo plays the Blue Jackets are 11-11-0.

When Merzlikins plays the Blue Jackets are 6-15-2

When Tarasov plays the Blue Jackets are 2-9-1

He's better than Copely in almost every metric, albeit by not a huge margin. I wouldn't trade for him if it's expensive, but it's for sure something Blake should be looking at.
I have repeatedly been talking about Korpisalo is the goalie you go after. CBJ's are stuck with Elvis's big contract and I strongly think they will trade Korpisalo, as they can replace him with Tarasov. Korpisalo is age 28, UFA and has a very affordable $1.3 million cap hit. If there is a bidding war(I think the Pens, Sabres will go after him) it will cost the Kings a 2nd rounder(if CBJ's retains max 50% salary) or 3rd rounder + prospect. Kings are asking for disaster if it's Copley/Quick in the playoffs.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Ducks fan coming in peace.... You guys need goaltending and maybe another good defensemen.. What's the plan? I was thinking maybe kings can go after Gibson.?
Gibson & Fowler! Get'er done!

Bjornfot is not as good as Sandin IMO

Chychrun is a good defender.
I've seen him within the last year lose 1 on 1 battles against Kaliyev & Kupari. Good defenders don't get torched by the King's 4th line. Maybe not Durzi level D, but he isn't a shutdown guy.

Not a mobile D, not a good passer. Have no clue where you put him in the lineup. 3rd pair with Clarke, Spence or Durzi?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kane trade and the Schenn trade makes me feel like the price points are now dropping across the board. The time to buy is arriving.
Kane had a NMC. He controlled his destination. So there was no real market to gauge his trade value. NYR or nothing.

A 3rd round pick for Schenn might be an overpayment. He's not good.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Gibson & Fowler! Get'er done!

I've seen him within the last year lose 1 on 1 battles against Kaliyev & Kupari. Good defenders don't get torched by the King's 4th line. Maybe not Durzi level D, but he isn't a shutdown guy.

Not a mobile D, not a good passer. Have no clue where you put him in the lineup. 3rd pair with Clarke, Spence or Durzi?

A big no to Gibson. He’s declined.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Kane had a NMC. He controlled his destination. So there was no real market to gauge his trade value. NYR or nothing.

A 3rd round pick for Schenn might be an overpayment. He's not good.
A late 3rd is fine for Schenn. That’s the going rate at this time of year for that type of defenseman.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Maybe Blake comes back with Korpisalo and Gavrikov? Looks the like hang up on Chychrun is they don’t want to take salary back, Columbus might be ok with it? Maybe they just didn’t want Smith from Boston or since they didn’t take him and it blew up in their face they’ll take a contract back now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

He's a good passer. He's a good skater. He's good defensively. I agree he's not a shutdown guy though, and there has been times when his d game wasn't great.

There's weak spots in his game, like there is with anyone, but he's pretty well rounded.

Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Roy

That'd be one of the best top 4's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad