Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005

[SJS/ANA] Ducks trade D Henry Thrun to the Sharks for 2024 3rd round​

Blake sleeping again...he plays Laferriere at Harvard ...LD !!

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
That's certainly what I would ask for. Given where NSH is they would need multiple pieces.

From the Kings standpoint, keeping Byfield and Clarke, it might look something like:

2x 1st
Spence
Kaliyev
Turcotte
Walker or expiring contract

For Saros and something else.

This something else would be 5 1st rounders and Forsberg

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It’s what year 5 in Blake’s tenure? He has to do something, he can’t stand pat again. We have a shit load of prospects that are losing value while we just continue to ice the same roster and get the same results

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I don't get the sense than Blake suffers from FOMO, but I do. Would hope for a few moves to help with this playoff run, but unsure if it'll happen. Still some options available, but suspect it'll be someone who isn't on anyone's radar.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
One thing I've learned from Blake as gm is he's very shrewd. Rarely overpays....
The only prospect we've really lost at this point is Clague and I don't think anyone is losing sleep over that one. I'm still giving Blake the benefit of the doubt. He is a shrewd GM and will not mortgage our future for a quick fix.

Reactions: Choralone and funky

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The only prospect we've really lost at this point is Clague and I don't think anyone is losing sleep over that one. I'm still giving Blake the benefit of the doubt. He is a shrewd GM and will not mortgage our future for a quick fix.

Doing it wrong, Blake is an ass GM doesn't know the game, doesn't know WTF he is doing, he only got this job because of old boys network, and he spends hours upon hours surfing......

• Haha
Reactions: bmr

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Part of me wants to see Edmonton overpay and go all in on Chychrun, as long as we drive up that price, but on the other hand, Blake really can't sit on his hands anymore. The Kings no longer have the best prospect pool, they have one of the worst logjammed rosters in the league and a lot of stunted youth. If they don't make a move, I think it hurts more than just Blake's tenure, and they sure as hell need to waive and reorganize ASAP.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Part of me wants to see Edmonton overpay and go all in on Chychrun, as long as we drive up that price, but on the other hand, Blake really can't sit on his hands anymore. The Kings no longer have the best prospect pool, they have one of the worst logjammed rosters in the league and a lot of stunted youth. If they don't make a move, I think it hurts more than just Blake's tenure, and they sure as hell need to waive and reorganize ASAP.
Wtf does that even mean? Seriously, Blake doesn’t have to do shit because the two things this team needs are overpriced and the other is unavailable..
what are you guys going to say when he adds key pieces in the off-season because that’s literally what he’s going to do. He knows this team isn’t winning much as constructed, he’s brought in skill and started sprinkling in the youth, next will be much needed size and toughness in the bottom 6 because that’s where we’re getting killed.
The list of upcoming LHD UFA is pretty good and young enough to grow with this team and it allows Rob to use his assets towards a Goalie should he go that route.

Reactions: kinghock

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Maybe get Lars Eller to solidify the 3c spot. He is having a better season at the dot than Lizotte and Danault. He kills penalties and was huge in the Caps cup run including scoring the cup winning goal. He is much bigger than Lizotte and is usually better offensively, although he is having a horrible season with shooting percentage. Part of it is due to a constant revolving door of linemates due to injuries. He is a ufa this summer so he should be cheaper. I would think Walker and a mid late round pick would work.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wtf does that even mean? Seriously, Blake doesn’t have to do shit because the two things this team needs are overpriced and the other is unavailable..
what are you guys going to say when he adds key pieces in the off-season because that’s literally what he’s going to do. He knows this team isn’t winning much as constructed, he’s brought in skill and started sprinkling in the youth, next will be much needed size and toughness in the bottom 6 because that’s where we’re getting killed.
The list of upcoming LHD UFA is pretty good and young enough to grow with this team and it allows Rob to use his assets towards a Goalie should he go that route.

I'm gonna say "well we saw these holes 1.5 years ago Blake welcome to the club"

But Telos is absolutely right that Blake is running headfirst into a brickwall of depreciating assets, excess (and excessive $/term) contracts, and suddenly-waiver-eligible kids who haven't had a chance to prove anything.

Reactions: David Lunch

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
That’s the issue. If Chychrun were consistently healthy, he would’ve been traded already for a huge return. He’s clearly a top pairing D. But the problem is uncertainty, and like you said a looming 8x8 deal.

Ekholm is a cost controlled top four dare I say Mitchell/Scuderi. Yes, he’s going to continue to age and slow down, but I still see him as the perfect bridge veteran.
People keep saying this, but I don't see it. Sure, if you don't care about your top pair actually defending.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Ducks fan coming in peace.... You guys need goaltending and maybe another good defensemen.. What's the plan? I was thinking maybe kings can go after Gibson.?

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I'm gonna say "well we saw these holes 1.5 years ago Blake welcome to the club"

But Telos is absolutely right that Blake is running headfirst into a brickwall of depreciating assets, excess (and excessive $/term) contracts, and suddenly-waiver-eligible kids who haven't had a chance to prove anything.
Blake saw and talked about it at the exit interview. It isn't he doesn't see it. The price probably isn't right. Is he out of touch with the current market prices or is he just waiting out the bubble so it pops?

The Devil's got their top lhd, Siegenthaler, for a third round pick two years ago. He was only 23. Can Blake finally pull that off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad