Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Kings blew it - the Lafferty and McCabe deal was the deal they needed to make.

A physical LHD man with term and a role player Center who can kill penalties and scrap.
And half of McCabe salary ate by Chicago. I would have loved him here.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
As a pure rental, I'd probably send a 3rd for Gavrikov.
Yep, that’s fair. At most, I’d do a conditional 2023 2nd if the Kings reach the conference final (reverts to a 3rd in 23’ if not), 2024 3rd and someone like Madden for Gavrikov, Korpisalo and a 5th in 2023.

Gavrikov is fine as a 2nd pair guy, nothing more.

Reactions: kinghock

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
If the Kings are trading assets I want it to be for a goalie, specifically Saros! Hes signed and in his prime.
Chychrun would be nice but he’s useless if we dont have a capable goalie.

Also - lets move on from Iafallo. I know many love him but in this market he would fetch a pretty penny and moving him would give us far more flexibility within the cap

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I can't believe they would do this to Quick. I am happy the Kings now have an NHL goaltender, but this leaves a bad taste that this is how it ends for one of the greatest players in team history.
Possibly. Quick might have had a serious heart to heart and maybe this was his way of helping his teammates one last time.

Reactions: yankeeking

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Woah woah woah did not expect Quicky to be part of the deal. Bummer.

I'd thought for sure he was gonna ride the pine if they snagged Korpisalo.

Hopefully Korpisalo comes with an extension.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I can't believe they would do this to Quick. I am happy the Kings now have an NHL goaltender, but this leaves a bad taste that this is how it ends for one of the greatest players in team history.

I agree with this.

The bright side is one of the biggest criticisms of Blake around here is he won't move on from the old core and that he doesn't make the tough decisions. At least that is out the window.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Well f***, I’ll always have live for Quickie but this is odd, tough, a bit depressing really. Maybe they said would you rather be traded or sent down and he was ok with the trade.. but another report is says Quick is furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad