Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Do you know who Crouse is? He would immediately be the third best winger on the squad and vastly improve the team's forecheck and physicality.

He would be the perfect fit for the Kings - and just about everybody else in the league.
I know who Crouse is and think he is a good player. I wouldn't be upset at all if we somehow added him to this team. I just think adding another $4M winger is on the lowest end of team needs at this point. We have four wingers earning $4+ million right now all with term. All of our wingers are performing well and we have some outperforming ELC's in the mix, which every contender needs and covets.

According to Blake's press conference, they are looking to get better specifically with depth on the bottom 6 and toughness. I don't think a top 6 winger is quite their aim. Sure, Crouse can help with that, but I don't see them getting him for TMac to throw him on the bottom 6 with the likes of Lizotte, JAD, Kupari, etc.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I know who Crouse is and think he is a good player. I wouldn't be upset at all if we somehow added him to this team. I just think adding another $4M winger is on the lowest end of team needs at this point. We have four wingers earning $4+ million right now all with term. All of our wingers are performing well and we have some outperforming ELC's in the mix, which every contender needs and covets.

According to Blake's press conference, they are looking to get better specifically with depth on the bottom 6 and toughness. I don't think a top 6 winger is quite their aim.

Dude, he is EXACTLY what the Kings need more than anything. A nasty, physical winger who wins board battles and grinds out goals. There is no single thing the Kings are missing more than that type of player, especially one on the come on a honey of a contract.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Blake would be dumb to not throw the moon at the coyotes if Crouse is available.

Blank check, take what you want, who gives a shit level overpayment would be fine.

He already damn near has pushed all his chips in, may as well go all the f***ing way.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Our wingers are quite redundant on this team. Decent two way forwards that can play up and down your line-up.

Iafallo, Moore, Grundstrom, Vilardi, etc.

Our only tough winger that forechecks and finishes his check is Lemieux and he plays about 15% of our games. Lawson Crouse would add something that this team lacks heavily in.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Dude, he is EXACTLY what the Kings need more than anything. A nasty, physical winger who wins board battles and grinds out goals. There is no single thing the Kings are missing more than that type of player, especially one on the come on a honey of a contract.

I mean, I am down if they go for it with Blake and the Kings brass pushing their chips in at this point they might as well, butI have a feeling Crouse would just be sitting in the box after every shift his center Blake Lizotte takes... :P

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I don't think they're done. Predicting another move or 2, though not as big as the Quick deal. 3C needs addressing and I could see a player like Walker moved for picks (3rd)
Wouldn't have minded moving a 3rd and Walker to VAN for Schenn. He adds an element we don't have on the backend.

Gavrikov-Doughty
Anderson-Durzi
Edler/BJ-Schenn

Edit: I forgot Matt Roy existed.

GettyImages-522764688.0.jpg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Wouldn't have minded moving a 3rd and Walker to VAN for Schenn. He adds an element we don't have on the backend.

Gavrikov-Doughty
Anderson-Durzi
Edler/BJ-Schenn

I dont think its a great idea for every pair to learn a new partner at this point in the season. Pushing Roy down to third pair does solidify that pairing more.. but leaving Durzi up on the 2nd pair, not ideal for playoff matchups. Edit: and 100% we need a nasty guy like Schenn

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I can't wait for a team to figure out physicality is undervalued today and load up on big strapping bodies and competitive assholes, design a playing system for it and win a Cup or two. Then you'll have the entire 00s/10s Ducks/Bruins/Kings cycle restart again.

It's a bit like stocks. Whenever everyone is saying buy and dreaming of new "paradigms" you should sell. Whenever someone doesn't want to touch something and calls it past its expiration date, you might want to look into it.

Whenever they say you can't win without having super fast skilled players clogging up your entire lineup, it's time to look into big strapping bodies. Whenever they say you can't win without a 6'4 forward on every line, you know you can look into smaller skilled players. In my opinion, the best signal is when say every 6'4 body with questionable holes is getting drafted in the 1st round or when every skilled midget is getting drafted in the 1st round. There's value to be had in those situations.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
Based on who are sellers at this stage and our needs--

Stretch Target: Crouse
Fairly Attainable: Domi, Bjugstad

Would be happy with any of those. Domi/Bjugstad slot right in to 3C. Crouse would require some line shuffling but good problem to have.

Assuming Iafallo goes in that type of deal...

Crouse - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - RV
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
JAD/Kupari - Lizotte - Kaliyev

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Jesus christ, they're playing Durzi-Roy Gavrikov-Walker

it's like everything we do has to be in the most difficult configurations possible

I have no doubt that a real coach could take this team deep
Yup, Gavrikov & Roy are both shutdown guys. Need a puck mover with them. Why I thought Chychrun, Roy wouldn't work well.

Things may shift when Edler is in the lineup.

Is everyone ok now? Quick back in the Pacific.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Maybe they think they can win and are looking at J.T. Miller for something like Iafallo, Turcotte +. How surprising would that be? If you look at hints about them looking at a guy who can play wing and center and Canucks apparently looking at former high first rounders.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Gavrikov-Doughty
Anderson-Durzi
Edler/BJ-Schenn

Was a 3rd and Walker for Schenn a thing in real life? Do people make up trades in their head, and when they don’t happen, get upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad