Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You have Durzi and Spence available to you -- and yet you still run with Walker as a RHD.
1677790131833.png

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Nowhere close to that deal. I love Quickie, but it looks like he’s come to the end of the road in the NHL. Jones was just starting and Boston played Dean like a fiddle.

DL knew what the deal was. Jones wasn't re-signing here, and he wanted Lucic. Adding Jones may have helped increase the retention. DL wasn't oblivious. Boston got a 4th liner and a 1st a year later from SJ. The Kings were losing Jones, and SJ wanted him. The contract he got was I think the equivalent of a 2nd rd pick or something for a non-matched offer sheet, which SJ likely would've given him. Jones had the leverage because of Quick's 10 year deal. Could've traded him to Buffalo and he still probably signs an offer sheet from SJ.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You have Durzi and Spence available to you -- and yet you still run with Walker as a RHD.
View attachment 661369
Eh, they had Bjornfot all season long and he's played, what, 8 games?

Copley outplayed Petersen and Quick in preseason and he didn't come up until, when? December?

I'd say it's a Gerontocracy, but then a nut licker will point out that Copley is older than Petersen and completely miss the point.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
"Ilya Kovlachuk is not producing on a line with Trevor Lewis and Michael Amadio so we'll be scratching him the next 7 games."

willie-desjardins-la-kingsjpg.jpg

More like "Ilya Kovalchuk has made it clear he has no interest in playing Kings' style hockey after saying he had no problem doing so, so we need to keep him away from the team, eat his deal and learn to do our homework next time".

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
More like "Ilya Kovalchuk has made it clear he has no interest in playing Kings' style hockey after saying he had no problem doing so, so we need to keep him away from the team, eat his deal and learn to do our homework next time".
Kovalchuk was not brought in to play a two way game. He was signed to be a scorer for us; something he was his first 20 games for us being a point per game player before John Stevens was canned.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kovalchuk was not brought in to play a two way game. He was signed to be a scorer for us; something he was his first 20 games for us being a point per game player before John Stevens was canned.
You have NO idea what you are talking about.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Eh, they had Bjornfot all season long and he's played, what, 8 games?

Copley outplayed Petersen and Quick in preseason and he didn't come up until, when? December?

I'd say it's a Gerontocracy, but then a nut licker will point out that Copley is older than Petersen and completely miss the point.
How about vetocracy? Actually its not even that, its based on Koala logic so Koalacracy?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I would do a significant package for Crouse. Kings have the cap space for this season to make the deal without sending cap back...I'm pretty sure anyways. If you need to move a similar contract like Iafallo later on, do it then even if it means less value in an Iafallo trade.

If Blake isn't all-in right now, he's at that point when you walk into a cold pool instead of diving in and your about to have your balls enter the water. Crouse is the type of player the Kings have nothing like on the big club, on the farm or with any future f***ing pick because he isn't a average sized center or RHD.

Want to talk identity and all that? The current identity is "please give us power plays and please don't start being mean to us". This team needs a guy like Crouse in a bad, bad way. I'd argue more so than Chychrun regardless of the hole at LHD.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
No player is gonna save durzi. The guy cannt play defense. Sometimes i think we would be better off with a forward in durzi’s spot

Reactions: funky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad