Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
My guess is that Blake goes for a second tier LD a la Troy Stecher and someone like Talbot. He knows we aren't winning the Cup this year but with some tinkering maybe win a round. The big moves will have to wait for the summer. I can't see us parting with our #1 pick given the empty cupboard between the pipes.
Neither of those players is "second tier," this is barrel bottom scraping.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
1677523165516.png

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If Edmonton gets Ekholm, you really start to wonder what happens with Gavrikov. Who'd be left?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Dumoulin and Eller. That's going to be the kind of move the Kings make, and given where they are in terms of roster development, that's all they should be doing. This team cannot win as constructed. Fill some holes, get some playoff experience - actual experience - for the kids.

Saros would be great, but not at panic prices.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Sellers will run out of buyers soon. If Blake moves that will be his moment.
Also he could do absolutely nothing and come up with a string of justifications ex post facto when we lose in the 1st round.
The price paid for McCabe is daunting and would be discouraging if I was a GM.
I think he is waiting for EDM to move.

Reactions: deaderhead28

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You may be right, at least at the trade deadline in particular. most of them are parts of more complicated trades, or just straight UFA rentals as opposed to term, especially since salary is an asset now

Jarnkrok with retention got a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th
Zajac and Palmieri with retention got a 1st, 2nd, Greer, and mason jobst

then it gets weird with covid years, no real run up to trade deadline, and I'm not sure pre 2019 is really relevant
Martin Erat maybe? He returned Forsberg in a trade.

But Erat had multiple 50+ point seasons at that point and I think was held in higher regard than Iafallo is now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why are you guys always so worried about picks? Kings can barely develop top 5 picks and you guys are acting like they’re missing the next Gretzky if they trade their first round pick. The amount of blunders and mid-steps the Kings make with draft picks I think you guys should sleep easy at night if they get traded because we probably weren’t drafting shit to begin with.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Kings can move on from one of Iafallo, Lizzotte, or Moore - too many of the same type of player.

Next season they can move on from Arvidsson since he will be a UFA in 2024 and Fagemo can take his spot.

Same with Walker - need to clear him out.

My thinking exactly- should be some team who wants a good mid six winger and defense depth for a playoff run. If they have even an average LHD and spare goalie could be a solid hockey trade in the works to help both teams.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Toronto is throwing everything in a pot and hoping it works. The Leafs and EDM are both organizations that value talent more than anything else and just assume that it will get them a Cup. Hasn't worked yet. Probably won't this year either. It's about more than just icing a bunch of guys and hoping they work together in a small window of time where there is zero margin for error.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Why are you guys always so worried about picks? Kings can barely develop top 5 picks and you guys are acting like they’re missing the next Gretzky if they trade their first round pick. The amount of blunders and mid-steps the Kings make with draft picks I think you guys should sleep easy at night if they get traded because we probably weren’t drafting shit to begin with.

Blakes done a pretty good job at drafting. This is one area thing he had done better than most. the 2019 draft was amazing even if Turcotte fizzles. Kaliyev/Bjornfot/Fagemo/Spence- 2 are clearly NHL level with Fagemo/Spence ready to take the next step. Turcotte rallies youve got 5 legit players in one draft.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Ummm, AZ wants WAY more than that. At the least, you would need to add the 2023 1st to Bjorn & Spence.

Also, what makes you think the Kings FO does not value Bjorn/Spence much. Bjorn maybe since he rarely plays -- but there are other issues going on. As to Spence -- there is nowhere for him to play. Heck, there is nowhere for Durzi to play either so they have him on the wrong side just to get him in the lineup. Clarke isn't playing either -- that doesn't mean they don't incredibly value him.

Because they took Spence out in the middle the Edmonton series and they sent Bjornfot down after playing in the top 4 for the previous 2 seasons. Bjornfot had a spot. They thought it was better to play Stetcher, Edler and Walker over these players- at different times - playoffs and the following regular season.

We know they value Clarke, they told AZ to take a hike when they asked about him for Chychrun

Again, I don't agree with what they're doing with Spence, Bjornfot or Durzi.

Chychrun is not coming to the Kings for what AZ is asking, that is also clear after the last 2 weeks. If not Chychrun, it will be someone else

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Don't see how Blake doesn't top that propsal with 50 percent off, unless mayor and Bernstein are clueless and he wasn't in on McCabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad