Attachments

• koala-jokes-why-did-the-koala-b-was-the-mos.jpg
    koala-jokes-why-did-the-koala-b-was-the-mos.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 4

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't take the TBL move as anything but them emptying the rest of the lint out of their wallet for one last go...there was really nothing else not nailed down to give up after years and years of contending and trading for guys like Coleman, Hagel, now Jeannot. I bet in that room they thought it was at least a pick or two too rich but said 'f*** it' because what else is there? You're contending, the future is grim, and it's a nuclear arms race in the East.

Everything else signals buyers market. The last move TBL makes as a contender doesn't set the market for everyone else, especially on the heels of the Timo move for forwards, without even getting into the deep pool of dmen. And others likely getting ready to sell now too as the deadline REALLY approaches.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Wait! Just realized something! The guy that signed Cal to a 3 year contract is out evaluating goaltenders to fix the situation.

:help:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Prices seem to be all over the place. The Preds probably didn't want to trade Jeannot in the first place but Tampa gave them an offer they couldn't refuse. Glad we're not playing in the East, talk about an arms race... Just gotta keep a cool head and prices will likely drop significantly for the mid tier targets. Now, whether or not that will move the needle for this team remains to be seen. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Coyotes hold on to Chychrun out of spite. They clearly don't like the offers that are on the table so far.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Insane return for Jeannot, Trotz has a nice starting position. If Nashville continues selling they could come out of this season with a really great foundation for their rebuild. Blake should really consider selling some pieces if this is gonna be the market standard.

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
But I wish Blake was selling at these prices!
Why
Insane return for Jeannot, Trotz has a nice starting position. If Nashville continues selling they could come out of this season with a really great foundation for their rebuild. Blake should really consider selling some pieces if this is gonna be the market standard.
Blake won't do it because he will think it will "send the wrong message to the team."

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The guy is a locker room cancer and his contract will age horribly.
Surprisingly Bruce Boudreau had nothing but great things to say about JT Miller and he was very respected in the locker room. I think that was just speculation that was construed to him being a cancer.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Surprisingly Bruce Boudreau had nothing but great things to say about JT Miller and he was very respected in the locker room. I think that was just speculation that was construed to him being a cancer.

Well, if Bruce is still angling for a job in the NHL, he's not going to bash a former player. He was a class act right up until he got shit canned.

Hope he gets a gig somewhere. Maybe not as a HC but I think he would be a good assistant.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Clarke
Chychrun - Roy

For next season, I like it.

Assuming a Chychrun deal is close & waiting until Friday as in Kings cap is tighter than a nun's arse since "we are done taking away from this team"

Thinking of all this as an investment in Clarke's future, Ekholm would have to be a summer move. Both are on 3 yr deals, Clarke on the entry level is how EK big $$$ is justified. It's a $7.25 pairing.

Bjornfot is eww too tentative & not assertive enough for them and they obviously don't like Spence's size.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Clarke
Chychrun - Roy

Assuming a Chychrun deal is close & waiting until Friday as in Kings cap is tighter than a nun's arse since "we are done taking away from this team"

Thinking of all this as an investment in Clarke's future, Ekholm would have to be a summer move. Both are on 3 yr deals, Clarke on the entry level is how EK big $$$ is justified. It's a $7.25 pairing.

Bjornfot is eww too tentative & not assertive enough for them and they obviously don't like Spence's size.
KINGS OF THE PODCAST on Apple Podcasts

According to DB and Mayor Kings are not trading for Chychrun.

I am really happy about it..
P.S. They are targeting McCabe.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We need size, physicality and some intimidation.. I wouldn’t mind bringing in Lucic to play on the bottom line which he does pretty effectively.
Lucic for Walker and Pepe?

As someone mentioned, if I were Blake I would look to sell high-ish on some of the older guys..

My cause for concern is that Todd much like some on here thinks we’re good enough to compete or are a player away.. This Kings team is maybe winning a round if the goaltending can hold but we’re small, soft and have far too many brain farts on the defensive end. Too many pieces don’t fit regardless of high point totals, we need to upgrade the 2nd line, we need a 3C, we need size on the 4th line to help when Lizotte gets pummeled in the PO. Defensively, Edler is a pretty big liability, Durzi is what he is, Walker returned as expected after missing so much time and Doughty is already looking gassed.
And of course, our goaltending is being held together with hopes and dreams.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Clarke
Chychrun - Roy

why would you trade a randsom of picks/asset for Chychrun if you plan on playing him as a bottom pairing? For several years too since both anderson & Ekholm are signed for multiple years.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
I don’t have a good read on Domi. Is he that bad defensively? Wouldn’t he be a better scoring option to replace one of Iafallo, Lizotte or Moore? None of the three aforementioned are scoring threats on their own.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
There’s a bit of hype surrounding Max Domi during this deadline season as if all that much has changed about him. He’s been forced to play higher in the lineup for a weak Chicago team and while that may have bumped his numbers on the surface, a deeper dive shows that not to be the case.

Domi has 36 points in 53 games this season, a solid 56-point pace that suggests he can be a capable middle-six scorer for a contender. It would mark his highest point pace since 2018-19 when he scored 72 points. The problem is that those totals are devoid of context. They’re artificially inflated by Domi having a job on the top power play where he’s earning the highest share of ice time (67 percent) of his career. No one trading for Domi is going to seriously consider him for the top power play so that matters a lot less for his future value for a team. What does matter is what he’s doing at five-on-five where his 1.51 points per 60 is actually the lowest of his career. Ouch. Don’t be fooled by the minutes he’s getting, Domi is still the same modest scorer he’s always been.

And that’s always been the problem — his claim to fame is scoring and he doesn’t even do that very well. The rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired, especially defensively. Unless you really believe Domi’s presence causes Chicago’s goalies to save 18.3 goals above expected, there’s no reason to be impressed by his team-leading 46.7 percent goals percentage. It’s not real. What is real is his 39 percent expected goals rate, a horrid figure that’s below average on one of the league’s very worst teams. The biggest there is expectedly on defense where no Chicago forward has been on the ice for more expected goals against per 60 than Domi’s 3.87. In fact, only two forwards in the entire league have.

There are some nice aspects to Domi’s game like his ability to enter the zone and his playmaking — but there are far too many flaws to his game. The deficiencies make him ill-suited for a scoring role in the top six and a liability in a defensive role anywhere else. For all the talk about “playoff style,” it should be noted that Domi’s forechecking stats as tracked by Corey Sznajder might be the worst in the league.

The Blackhawks might get a nice haul for Domi based on his scoring totals and pedigree. Good for them if they do. But whatever team pays for it is buying a lemon.

• Wow
Reactions: LAKings88

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings can move on from one of Iafallo, Lizzotte, or Moore - too many of the same type of player.

Next season they can move on from Arvidsson since he will be a UFA in 2024 and Fagemo can take his spot.

Same with Walker - need to clear him out.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
This run up to the TDL has been interesting so far to watch. Not confident the Kings to much but you never know. Still unsure of what the team identity really is and I'm not sure the TDL will address that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad