Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don’t have a good read on Domi. Is he that bad defensively? Wouldn’t he be a better scoring option to replace one of Iafallo, Lizotte or Moore? None of the three aforementioned are scoring threats on their own.

Terrible defensively, good production, but can't stick anywhere because he's a bit of a headcase/loose cannon. Allegedly, to be fair. But there seems to be more smoke there than there is for JT Miller, and yet...not the kind of distraction I want on THIS team.

Reactions: LeftKinger

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
32 thoughts this morning discussed all teams for upcoming trade deadline.

Kings news and notes.

- looked at Gavrikov. He wouldn’t sign an extension.
- McCabe would be best guess to be traded.
- Coyotes deal was getting traction but couldn’t agree with some assets. Might come back but doubtful.
- looking at other goalies. Korpisalo was mentioned. Friedman has the opinion Saros would be a good fit. Gives the kings 3 year contending window.
- Blake doesn’t like being in this position. He makes big deals weeks to deadline or over the summer. The team does NOT want to get into a bidding war.

Not much we all didn’t know already.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Surprisingly Bruce Boudreau had nothing but great things to say about JT Miller and he was very respected in the locker room. I think that was just speculation that was construed to him being a cancer.
I mean he’s publicly yelling at his goalie during games. At least how I was taught to play demeaning your goalie is like the cardinal sin of team chemistry. His contract and age make it a stupid move regardless—he was signed after a career year by a team with historically bad management through multiple regimes.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
McCabe looks actually solid. He’s not young, but he’s right in the middle of when defensive defenseman are typically at their best mix of experience and athleticism.

Screenshot-2023-02-27-at-11.26.53-AM.png

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Unless the goalie is Saros I don't think there's a goalie that will really improve the team. Might as well just run Copley
But the team is a Copely cold streak or injury away from having the entire season fall apart.

This team is too good to have their entire season hanging on that thin of a thread.

Get another average goalie for cheap, and play the hotter hand between him and Copely.

Reactions: kenito7

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm just not seeing the mccabe luster

aging, career (very) minus player albeit on bad teams, coming off cervical spinal surgery(!)

yeah you get him cost controlled, stable lefty for 2 more seasons but how is this helping long-term? then 2 years from now when we should be making a genuine run he's out the door

Reactions: Surf Nutz

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
why would you trade a randsom of picks/asset for Chychrun if you plan on playing him as a bottom pairing? For several years too since both anderson & Ekholm are signed for multiple years.
Why do you think there's a ransom going for Chychrun? We've read & heard the same reports, but I have doubts for what Chychrun actually ends up going for. He's been held out of games for a couple weeks now, they're just not getting the offers they want. I bet they circle back to Rob on Friday.

One of the points I'm trying to make is, the Kings don't value Bjornfot and Spence like most of us here do. Who knows what they think of Durzi? So shipping out one or both of the first 2 isn't really much of a ransom if they won't play them anyway. Shipping out Durzi would be addition by subtraction, don't think many would complain about that. This is the reason why I'm now at peace if all 3 go- as long as someone who, like Scuderi did for Doughty, is paired with Clarke.

• Haha

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
32 thoughts this morning discussed all teams for upcoming trade deadline.

Kings news and notes.

- looked at Gavrikov. He wouldn’t sign an extension.
- McCabe would be best guess to be traded.
- Coyotes deal was getting traction but couldn’t agree with some assets. Might come back but doubtful.
- looking at other goalies. Korpisalo was mentioned. Friedman has the opinion Saros would be a good fit. Gives the kings 3 year contending window.
- Blake doesn’t like being in this position. He makes big deals weeks to deadline or over the summer. The team does NOT want to get into a bidding war.

Not much we all didn’t know already.
I'm good with all these comments in relation to Blake's currently handling of things at this TDL (not prior though -- he let the LHD/G situation fail for years).

I'd be ok with MCCabe. But i'd hold firm with a max offer of a 2nd and a mid-level prospect or two like Thomas, Madden, hughes, Simontov, etc. If it's a 1st or a better prospect, i walk away.

Noonan61

Aug 16, 2011
LA
Looks like Toronto got McCabe. Less teams around to trade for Gavrikov and Chychrun. Think just us and Edmonton right now.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Blake painted himself into a corner.

Kings had a crappy roadtrip.

Edler and Walker were bad and need to both go and he hasn't addressed the LHD in a year now.

The goaltending is contigent on a minor league goalie. Quick, god bless him, has been awful.

The team is also soft as heck.

His only move all year was waiving Peterson.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
At this point it’s looking like Blake must really want Chychrun and is trying to see if Arizona caves. Another possible suitor gone in Toronto

• Haha

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Why do you think there's a ransom going for Chychrun? We've read & heard the same reports, but I have doubts for what Chychrun actually ends up going for. He's been held out of games for a couple weeks now, they're just not getting the offers they want. I bet they circle back to Rob on Friday.

One of the points I'm trying to make is, the Kings don't value Bjornfot and Spence like most of us here do. Who knows what they think of Durzi? So shipping out one or both of the first 2 isn't really much of a ransom if they won't play them anyway. Shipping out Durzi would be addition by subtraction, don't think many would complain about that. This is the reason why I'm now at peace if all 3 go- as long as someone who, like Scuderi did for Doughty, is paired with Clarke.
Ummm, AZ wants WAY more than that. At the least, you would need to add the 2023 1st to Bjorn & Spence.

Also, what makes you think the Kings FO does not value Bjorn/Spence much. Bjorn maybe since he rarely plays -- but there are other issues going on. As to Spence -- there is nowhere for him to play. Heck, there is nowhere for Durzi to play either so they have him on the wrong side just to get him in the lineup. Clarke isn't playing either -- that doesn't mean they don't incredibly value him.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
My guess is that Blake goes for a second tier LD a la Troy Stecher and someone like Talbot. He knows we aren't winning the Cup this year but with some tinkering maybe win a round. The big moves will have to wait for the summer. I can't see us parting with our #1 pick given the empty cupboard between the pipes.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think Boston will fall flat in the playoffs and will be out by the 2nd round.

I think it will come down Toronto or Carolina in the East.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad