Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Orlov, chycrun and gavriokov available, if blake doesn't get any....
Orlov has a m-NTC - wonder if Kings on the list.. pro-rated cap hit of 5mil.. an interesting option i like better than Chychrun because we could see how he works out and extend him or let him go to UFA

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Dmitri Orlov/Hathaway on the block and held out for trade.
Damn if Orlov wouldnt be a GREAT 2nd pair LHD, good partner for Durzi.
Hathaway gives you a legit replacement for Pepe...
You partner Orlov with Roy as a second shut down pair and roll Bjornfot and Durzi as the third pair.

Hathaway is much better than Lemieux...legit fighter and better scorer.

Reactions: Seattle King

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Have you had mono before? My throat was so swollen that it hurt to eat chicken broth. I lost a lot of weight and strength in 3-4 weeks. I couldn't participate in practice because an organ ( liver/spleen/kidney?) swells up and is easily injured with contact. Strengthwise I couldn't recover until the next off-season.
Yes, actually I have. In 7th grade, enlarged spleen all that fun stuff, my doctor pulled my mom aside and told her he thought I had leukemia.

That still does not explain offensive struggles over an entire season vs higher competition while doing well against lesser ones, were the complications from mono worse in games vs Minnesota, Michigan and Notre Dame than it was vs Arizona St or did he just struggle Vs the better competition? Also, the lack of offensive production in now 3 seasons of pro hockey since then shows the college season wasn’t a fluke. Had there been offensive production in pro hockey that warranted the draft position you might have a case, but the last time Turcotte produced at a high level offensively was as a 17 year old in the USHL. He turns 22 later this month.

A good energy player, a good character player that will have a depth role in the NHL if the injury luck improves, but what are you basing any kind of offensive ceiling on? Isn’t it more likely than not that his offensive skills weren’t what people thought?

We are entering Mike Richards “viral infection” territory here.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Orlov has a m-NTC - wonder if Kings on the list.. pro-rated cap hit of 5mil.. an interesting option i like better than Chychrun because we could see how he works out and extend him or let him go to UFA
Has a 5-team NTC, my guess would be Canada, excluding Toronto and someone else. But who knows, could be 5 teams out west.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Yes, actually I have. In 7th grade, enlarged spleen all that fun stuff, my doctor pulled my mom aside and told her he thought I had leukemia.

That still does not explain offensive struggles over an entire season vs higher competition while doing well against lesser ones, were the complications from mono worse in games vs Minnesota, Michigan and Notre Dame than it was vs Arizona St or did he just struggle Vs the better competition? Asp, the lack of offensive production in now 3 seasons of pro hockey since then shows the college season wasn’t a fluke. Had there been offensive production in pro hockey that warranted the draft position you might have a case, but the last time Turcotte produced at a high level offensively was as a 17 year old in the USHL. He turns 22 later this month.

A good energy player, a good character player that will have a depth role in the NHL if the injury luck improves, but what are you basing any kind of offensive ceiling on?
Didn't he have mono during the season right before/at the start of conference play? That is my memory, but could be wrong. If not, then like anything else...poor performance against better competition could be a red flag.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sounds like Hathaway to BOS so maybe Orlov too

Doubt Dmitry wants to come out west anyway bu tif they knock boston out of the running...AZ might shit their pants

Reactions: KopitarFAN

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
This is always why I'm glad Blake is holding out and (hopefully) balking at inflated prices

It's a buyer's market
Orlov's entry and the general stalemate leads me to believe the leverage is shifting and Blake is doing the right thing. The sellers are going to have to start caving, there is too much product on the market now.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Orlov's entry and the general stalemate leads me to believe the leverage is shifting and Blake is doing the right thing. The sellers are going to have to start caving, there is too much product on the market now.

Depends on what BOS gave up haha

They could absolutely f*** everyone else here

Happened quickly so I'm assuming it's the Chychrun haul, something like 1st/Lohrei/Debrusk/piece

Reactions: Seattle King

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
This sucks. Two Cap fan favorites to a hated team. Haven't heard the return yet.

Edit:. Smith, 2023 1st, 2024 3rd, 2025 2nd. Much less than I expected.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I just hope the Kings don't pay the price for Gavrikov if it helps Columbus get Chychrun. I'd rather get him myself for slightly more.

The D man I want is Jake McCabe, especially if he comes with retention and Walker goes the other way. He'd look nice beside Durzi for a year or two.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not much of a return for Orlov

edit: Nevermind. Reporting now that the return is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Nice return for a rental.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Watching a true, window-open for the last year probably contender go all-in?
You remember last seasons discussions on Lindholm? When I brought that up and was told I was dumb because he was too old and expensive..
shit, remember when I mentioned going after Brendan Dillion and I got lambasted?
But we aren’t a contender yet, if we land a goalie of the future the he can think about going all in.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

So its more than what Pagnotta originally reported, but still the return isn't all that great especially when you consider the salary retention. 1st round pick was expected, but the 2nd and 3rd picks being over the next 2 years is hardly anything

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Armstrong watching the return for Orlov

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad