Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I actually don’t lose much sleep on Turcotte.

Nothing will drive someone more nuts than the what if's of a draft. Just not worth it. It's one thing to acknowledge a missed pick as a matter of fact. Happens all the time to every team. Literally every team has a story. But to get lost in it? If only they had taken this guy, and then this guy in some other draft. The tangled web of alternate histories that have to end up happening for all that.

Thankfully they won, or else we'd still be talking about Hickey.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I actually don’t lose much sleep on Turcotte. The Kings still picked Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Fagemo, and Spence in that draft. That more than makes up for one miss.
You have to look at the draft with a certain amount of uncertainty. Every pick has some chance of not hitting. The Kings have a ton of young talent up front through the draft now, so in the end it's not going to make a huge difference if Turcotte makes a big impression as a King.

It was fun to look at the prospect list a couple of years ago and see the riches accumulated over the rebuild, but in the back of your mind you have to know that there's not room for all of this great potential. Some swings and misses, but as long as you get some hits and a couple of home runs, you don't worry about the misses.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Preds fan coming in peace. Would you be interested in Saros, and if so, what would you be willing to offer up in a trade to reunite Saros with Arvy and Fiala?
We absolutely would.

Not sure the price, but I as assume it would be expensive and Nashville would have to take some salary back.

What are the Preds needs?

Byfield and Clarke would not be unavailable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surf Nutz

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Goalies, in general, don't have much value in trades. So, most I'd go is 2nd + B-tier prospect
This is something people still do not understand or flat out refuse to accept..
Saros, Vejmelka, Korpisalo and hell I’d even throw Demko in there. These guys aren’t worth a 1st to anyone other than a true SC contender and even that’s a long shot as the Avs are the only team I can think of recently trading a 1st for a Goalie.
Shit, the Avs got Georgiev for two 3rds and a 5th rounder

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Preds fan coming in peace. Would you be interested in Saros, and if so, what would you be willing to offer up in a trade to reunite Saros with Arvy and Fiala?

Saros is signed 2 more yrs at 5 mil. The Kings also need a defenseman like Lauzon...to replace Edler 'now, right now'. 'now, right now' is more urgent than right now. Todd will go with Edler and that will be part of the demise of another first round exit. I don't know how they make the cap work for Saros. I'm sure Blake would like to move Petersen (plus extra asset for taking him) to make the cap work, but Poile would not do that.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Landing a good starting goalie is easily worth a 1st right now. I'd toss in a decent prospect too. Quick to LTIR fixes the cap. Bury Cal in the minors for all time. Problem solved.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
CA. refugee<E. TN.
The Los Angeles Kings are open for business on all of their blueliners, with the exception of Drew Doughty, and they have options that could fill Ottawa’s needs. The Kings have Matt Roy, Sean Durzi and Sean Walker who may be a fit if they’re available.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
People need to stop saying Quick should be sent to LTIR or the minors or traded. There is absolutely nothing in the last decade of Kings management that would suggest anyone from management would ever do something like that to the cup winners. Honestly, the discussion itself is a waste of time.
They also cannot do it against his will… he’s not going to lie about an injury.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Los Angeles Kings are open for business on all of their blueliners, with the exception of Drew Doughty, and they have options that could fill Ottawa’s needs. The Kings have Matt Roy, Sean Durzi and Sean Walker who may be a fit if they’re available.
Typical out of town media has no clue.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
People need to stop saying Quick should be sent to LTIR or the minors or traded. There is absolutely nothing in the last decade of Kings management that would suggest anyone from management would ever do something like that to the cup winners. Honestly, the discussion itself is a waste of time.
LTIR is more disrespectful than trading for say Korpisalo & Quick riding the pine & maybe starting the last home game if it doesn't matter? Ok. Quick is no longer playing at an NHL level. It sucks, but people need to come to terms with that. If King's need to clear Cap & can't dump Cal, LTIR is the best way.

Pinto would be my first ask. Ott looking at brining a center in so maybe they have an extra. Could see Ott not liking that. Maybe they move Chabot to open their cap space up next year.

Think Roy would be their target. For the King's to trade Roy before the playoffs, it would take something pretty substantial. Could move Durzi I guess, but don't think he or Walker has the value to justify that.

They also cannot do it against his will… he’s not going to lie about an injury.
It looks like his pads are really itchy. 😂

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Carter trade really changed the team. Sutter had been slowly turning things around, but after the Carter trade the Kings were lights out.

From the Carter trade through the Cup Finals, the Kings went:

41 games played
29-9-3
113 goals scored, 2.75 gpg
71 goals against, 1.73 gaa
+42 goal differential

Pure domination. 71 goals against in 41 games is f***ing crazy.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Goalies, in general, don't have much value in trades. So, most I'd go is 2nd + B-tier prospect
Goalies can be fickle, so organizations are definitely reluctant to give up significant assets for one.

But I think there's some exceptions.

Saros has been consistently good. And is signed to a non-risky contract. IMO, he makes the Kings a contender in the West.

Reactions: funky and BigBrown

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I actually don’t lose much sleep on Turcotte. The Kings still picked Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Fagemo, and Spence in that draft. That more than makes up for one miss.

This....those 4 are all legit NHLers and only going to get better. If You can 2 NHL Players in a draft its considered a success- 4 is the grand salami. Bjornfot and Spence should be everyday players on the Kings right now. Fagemo with 27 as AHL rookie and this year with 16 in 36 and at least 3 OT Shootout GW goals.

Sidenote Chromiak lighting up Ontario as well. Can criticize Blake for contracts and being gun shy to trade positions of strength but his drafting has been excellent. Chromiak as a 5th rd pick with 13 goals in 34 games- this after a very slow start. Dont recall Kings ever being so productive in their drafts.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
If the Kings make the playoffs with the current team and lose round 1, it will not be because of Copley.
Except for 1 or 2 games, he's been stellar. 24 games, 17-4 record. All goalies have 1-2 stinkers in 24 games.

If the Kings lose in rd 1, it will be a possible mix of things - imbalanced D pairings - possible meh games from Durzi, Edler, Walker...weak at 3C, if Lizotte is there (can be fixed by redoing lines and moving Fiala up and or Lizotte down)
Possible too many penalties taken and PK breakdown. (although it's been better)
Possible flat games / no production from a few.

Copley does not worry me, going with him into the playoffs - compared to other things.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

1st, turcotte, Walker

Yeah, I'd go 1st, any prospect not named Spence/Byfield/Clarke, additional piece (3rd?).

He's a difference maker and young enough.

And of course would love to expand with Nashville for an LHD as well but it gets complicated after that.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That is a pretty deceptive article. It starts like it is claiming a fact fact and then moves to conjecture

A++ journalism there 'eh

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I’d be hesitant to deal a 1st round pick for just about any goalie that’d be available.

There just isn’t any precedence for it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah, I'd go 1st, any prospect not named Spence/Byfield/Clarke, additional piece (3rd?).

He's a difference maker and young enough.

And of course would love to expand with Nashville for an LHD as well but it gets complicated after that.
Saros is 6 months younger than Cal, and aside from his poor performance, we're talking about needing a goalie to replace him for the future.

I don't see giving up a first, particularly in a very good crop of prospects, for a goalie where we'll need to talk about replacing him in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad