Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
After stalking the AZ page, I suspect BA has been told to drop the payroll as low as possible. AZ has Weber & Little next year for a combined 13M. That's 61 floor minus 13 or about 48M to spend on the team next year.

AZ not being able to take ANY salary back makes the deal very difficult. Schmaltz in the rumors now too. Seems like a backup plan if they can't move Chychrun.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I wonder whether a European FA goalie would be a worthwhile gamble. We know goalies are the most in-flux, highly volatile position and we know goalies respond differently to different environments and systems. I always felt like there are probably a few goalies playing in European leagues who might succeed just based on that if given the right opportunity. But the Kings probably need a more sure thing at this point than another gamble.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
1677260934249.png

would anyone do this? the article says its capfriendly approved.. Link below if anyone wants to read the other predictions

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I wonder whether a European FA goalie would be a worthwhile gamble. We know goalies are the most in-flux, highly volatile position and we know goalies respond differently to different environments and systems. I always felt like there are probably a few goalies playing in European leagues who might succeed just based on that if given the right opportunity. But the Kings probably need a more sure thing at this point than another gamble.
Could be one of the areas Stoll was looking at on his trip to Scandinavia a couple months ago.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Could be one of the areas Stoll was looking at on his trip to Scandinavia a couple months ago.
Yea theres a big goalie that teams were looking at to bring over I think.
Theres also some players like Jamsen and Simontaival. Are they playing over there? Wonder if he was evaluating them to sign and bring to the North America. Could see Jamsen being part of a trade package also. He doesnt hold so much value but theres some skill there teams may like in a deal.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
At this point it's "all of the above". Euro? College? Reclamation project, everything. Just start hurling stuff at the wall & something will stick.
View attachment 655992

would anyone do this? the article says its capfriendly approved.. Link below if anyone wants to read the other predictions

Demko's hip issues have me cautious on him.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
View attachment 655992

no for me Sheen is right handed and we have to many as it is. we have no need for another small wing Demko sure maybe hes a need but i dont see us picking up a goalie Just let quick play backup till the end of the season

Reactions: deaderhead28

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Demko has been one of the worst goalies in the NHL this year. His GSAE/60 is worse than Quick's.

If Demko was a top tier goalie, that deal would make some sense. Otherwise, it's crazy.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Demko has been one of the worst goalies in the NHL this year. His GSAE/60 is worse than Quick's.

If Demko was a top tier goalie, that deal would make some sense. Otherwise, it's crazy.
I think he was plagued by injuries. His year before was pretty good. I don't like the deal as structured but I think he has a better shot at rebounding. Injury scares me tho.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
There is talk of St Louis and Washington doing rebuilds similar to the Kings. Kind of building on the fly keeping some cup winning core left over, first round picks, and also bringing in NHL talent.
Blake trailblazing on this one. Its frustrating for us on here cause we like to nitpick the teams holes but GMs still want to sell tickets. Washington is probably thinking Ovechkin Carlson Oshie could keep fans in the stands while they starting building the pipeline.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
After stalking the AZ page, I suspect BA has been told to drop the payroll as low as possible. AZ has Weber & Little next year for a combined 13M. That's 61 floor minus 13 or about 48M to spend on the team next year.

AZ not being able to take ANY salary back makes the deal very difficult. Schmaltz in the rumors now too. Seems like a backup plan if they can't move Chychrun.
Rumor here in So Cal is that the Merulo Group who owns them are struggling with the construction end of the biz and is cutting corners everywhere.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

If Demko was a top tier goalie, he wouldn't be in trade rumors.

There is talk of St Louis and Washington doing rebuilds similar to the Kings. Kind of building on the fly keeping some cup winning core left over, first round picks, and also bringing in NHL talent.
Blake trailblazing on this one. Its frustrating for us on here cause we like to nitpick the teams holes but GMs still want to sell tickets. Washington is probably thinking Ovechkin Carlson Oshie could keep fans in the stands while they starting building the pipeline.

It's just a reality of the cap GMs face. It's not a BLuc thing. It's not a Kings thing.

Washington has more wiggle room right now due to how many UFAs they have, in a year where they're at best ok, but the Blues can't "rebuild" with what they have. They will not be able to get of enough of those long term deals to do anything but retool. They'll get a high pick this year because they ended up being bad, but they can't tear things down, even if they wanted to.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The only kinds of moves Blake should be considering at the deadline would be mid round picks for vets with expiring contracts like Dumoulin and Eller.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The only kinds of moves Blake should be considering at the deadline would be mid round picks for vets with expiring contracts like Dumoulin and Eller.
disagree, i have no interest in rentals no matter how cheap the cost.

Only deal(s) he should be making is with a long term focus to improve LHD and/or Goaltending while reducing the bottleneck of prospects and forwards the team has.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I think if LA trades for a goalie, Saros has to be on the top of their list, even for a slight overpayment...

I could see this happening in the offseason. They do have Askarov, who by most acocunts has been quite good in Millwaukee in his rookie season in the A. Don't think they want to rush him as he turns 21 this offseason but he should be their future between the pipes. Question for the Preds is where do they see themselves the next 2-3 years and does it benefit them to hold Saros.

Believe it may have been within this thread but someone brought up the name of Erik Portillo who is likely not going to sign with the Sabres. He may be an option to help beef up the Kings pipeline. He's certainly got the length at 6'6".

Reactions: Mattias

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
View attachment 655992

Wow. Include Quinn Hughes and that makes it equal. for taking negative and damaged assets (liabilities)

Counter: Petersen 50% retained + Iafallo 50% retained + #2 2023 for #7 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad