Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Saros is 6 months younger than Cal, and aside from his poor performance, we're talking about needing a goalie to replace him for the future.

I don't see giving up a first, particularly in a very good crop of prospects, for a goalie where we'll need to talk about replacing him in a couple years.
Unless he is one of your top choices and you are going to resign him when Cal is off the books.
The time frames set up perfect.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Boston
Dmitry Orlov (50% retained)
Garnet Hathaway

Washington
Craig Smith (cap dump)
2023 1st
2025 2nd
2024 3rd

Minnesota
2023 5th

That's actually pretty expensive.

Think so?

It's
Craig Smith
likely pick 30+
likely pick 158+
2025 pick somewhere between 33-65
2024 pick between 66-98

For a top pairing dman with 50% retention AND a good physical depth forward with scoring touch

AZ was asking for more for JUST Chychrun

BOS just set the market and I love it, piss off with your exorbitant, yesteryear only-dman-on-the-market comps

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Think so?

It's
Craig Smith
likely pick 30+
likely pick 158+
2025 pick somewhere between 33-65
2024 pick between 66-98

For a top pairing dman with 50% retention AND a good physical depth forward with scoring touch

AZ was asking for more for JUST Chychrun

BOS just set the market and I love it, piss off with your exorbitant, yesteryear only-dman-on-the-market comps
Yeah I think so.

Chychrun is signed for 2 more years and is just entering his prime.

4 picks for a pending UFA is a lot.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah I think so.

Are we a contender in the next 2.5 seasons, if no then why do it..
The cost would be great in assets and capital.
He isn’t making a diff if we don’t have a high caliber goalie and what happens in two years when he wants to get paid… the dude isn’t a savior, he’s a great shot from the point with crystal legs

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah I think so.

TWO pending UFAs, one with 50% retention, and none of the picks are likely to be higher than 30.

It's a very late first, three mediocre picks, and a cap dump for a first pairing dman with retention and a gritty depth scorer.

I see that as a pretty light return. Sure there's a 1st involved but not much else of consequence.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Are we a contender in the next 2.5 seasons, if no then why do it..
The cost would be great in assets and capital.
He isn’t making a diff if we don’t have a high caliber goalie and what happens in two years when he wants to get paid… the dude isn’t a savior, he’s a great shot from the point with crystal legs
You're preaching to the choir.

I wouldn't trade for Chychrun unless the goaltending issue is resolved, and the price is reasonable.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
You're preaching to the choir.

I wouldn't trade for Chychrun unless the goaltending issue is resolved, and the price is reasonable.
Just for argument sake, say we trade for Saros right.. we could sign Soucy for whatever the rate is for defensive Dmen and then move out AI for cap purposes..
that’s
Doughty - Anderson
Soucy - Spence
Bjornfot - Roy

Unless they pull a Durzi with Clarke

Doughty - Anderson
Roy - Clarke
Soucy - Spence

Saros or whatever good goalie we land

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Washington is giving up when they're 2 points out of a wildcard with a game in hand? Weird.
They've looked like LA 2-3 years ago this calendar year. Lots of old players that just can't perform well enough and Carlson is out long term.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
You remember last seasons discussions on Lindholm? When I brought that up and was told I was dumb because he was too old and expensive..
shit, remember when I mentioned going after Brendan Dillion and I got lambasted?
But we aren’t a contender yet, if we land a goalie of the future the he can think about going all in.
Who said that about Lindholm?

I don’t think the Ducks would ever have dealt him to LA tho.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
At this point who do you trade for that moves the needle?

Is there anything out there that much better than what they have now?

Meier and maybe Chychrun are the best at deadline.

Better options in the summer?

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Who said that about Lindholm?

I don’t think the Ducks would ever have dealt him to LA tho.
Plenty of people on this board.. if you go to last years TDL threads you can see for yourself

At this point who do trade for that moves the needle?

Next seasons Dman UFA class looks really, really good.. no superstars but the type that helps you win

Reactions: LAKings88

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Orlov costs 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

O'Reilly costs 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

I'm glad Blake is doing nothing.
And both UFA. Chychrun has two more years and could be much cheaper with retention

Is LA is the position to do the Orlov trade - probably not. If I am Boston - I pay that price or more any day if the week. That lineup is stacked

I really like the Saros idea.

DL built backend out and RB seems to be opposite

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Hayes at 40-50% retained and Hart for 24 1st, Iafallo, Walker, Madden and one of JAD/Kupari/Lizzo. If we have to toss in a '23 3rd we can or maybe add another/better prospect (Lias Andersson?)

Gets a goalie, a third line center, and still have cap and assets for a LD. Madden will have to pass through waivers next season, no room on the roster for him.

For them it gets rid of Hayes. Gives them a center, a center prospect, RD to fill Brauns spot to hopefully flip at the next TDL, and Iafallo to use in JVR's spot and then can flip him at one of the next two TDLs.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
At this point who do you trade for that moves the needle?

Almost any LHD with a pulse would help at this point. Not enough dmen with composure with leads. Which, when combined with Todd's choking reputation, is not an ideal combo.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Hayes at 40-50% retained and Hart for 24 1st, Iafallo, Walker, Madden and one of JAD/Kupari/Lizzo. If we have to toss in a '23 3rd we can or maybe add another/better prospect (Lias Andersson?)

Gets a goalie, a third line center, and still have cap and assets for a LD. Madden will have to pass through waivers next season, no room on the roster for him.

For them it gets rid of Hayes. Gives them a center, a center prospect, RD to fill Brauns spot to hopefully flip at the next TDL, and Iafallo to use in JVR's spot and then can flip him at one of the next two TDLs.
Good god, no.

The organization is desperately thin at LHD of the physical variety and goal.

That f***in frat boy Hayes moves the needle further away from contention than he does towards it. The leadership group here cannot absorb a side show like that.

I’d Rather lose madden for nothing, than poison the well with that cancer. Let’s shrink the deal and maybe work something around Carter Hart alone. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad