Not open for further replies.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
By a mile.

I'm not sure people realize just how valuable Roy is. If the Kings decided to trade him, he would get a really really nice return.
Roy is the type of guy you pair with a Chychrun. Bring Durzi back over to the right side and keep upping his value.

Next year if Clarke looks ready then Durzi makes a valuable piece to trade to fill other holes.

Short play add Chychrun - gives us this year and 2 more. I know the Yotes are rumored not to take contracts back but if it’s true Ghost is getting moves a Walker makes sense as part of the package going back as he has another year and can log bigger minutes for them.

Summer - sell the house for Saros. The guy is a monster. This is the trade that Durzi possible goes back. I know he sucks in his own zone but he can bring the offense. He won’t supplant Drew and Clarke specialty is the PP so Durzi comes redundant. We know the Kings are not moving Drew ever as past practice and our current carrying of Quick shows. So trade from strengths.

Could you see Durzi and Josi together in a PP.

Still think we need a third line center to compete. I also think I would love to see Byfield with Fiala. Fiala likes the puck and creates space. A 6’5 center going to the net creates extra space. If Byfield starts producing Phil would be probably the elite third line center in the NHL.

We have a first line with two defensive conscious players in Kopi and Kempe. Kaliyev should be given a chance.

Just curious. What would the add be for Iafallo to get Jeannot? Clears some space for this deadline

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
By a mile.

I'm not sure people realize just how valuable Roy is. If the Kings decided to trade him, he would get a really really nice return.
Roy is very good.

King's have something like 5-6 RD capable of playing the right side by next season. They can't all play the right side.

Clarke, probably not getting moved.
Doughty not getting moved.
One spot left.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Roy is very good.

King's have something like 5-6 RD capable of playing the right side by next season. They can't all play the right side.

Clarke, probably not getting moved.
Doughty not getting moved.
One spot left.
If you move Roy you could get a fat return, but you would then need a Roy equivalent on the left side.

Anderson-Doughty
xxxxx-Clarke
xxxxx-Spence

IMO, you'd want two high quality defensive defensemen on the left side in that scenario. I'm not sure Durzi, Bjornfot, Walker fit in.

I know people don't want to hear it, but it's probably just better to hold on to Roy and give Spence/Clarke more time and/or easier minutes

Next season:
Anderson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Roy
xxxx-Clarke/Spence

Durzi and Walker odd men out.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
If cap doesn't go up much, TV bankruptcies, King's cap next year is a little tight. Move QB to center, Iafallo back with Kopi. Forwards snap into place. Probably 1 or 2 extra forwards that will fight for spots. Grundström, JAD, Fagemo, Kupari

Defense, replace Edler with Björnfot. Move Walker & replace with Clarke, Spence.

Goal, Cal Pheonix to start. Might as well see if Cal can play a backup level. His contact will be easier to move next season after his bonus is paid or buyout after the year.

This gets the King's a little cap flexibility 2,000,000 or so. More flexibility after next season when Kopi & Ardvidsson contracts are up.

So, probably just sitting & waiting. Sign the best extra G & D for 1M to compete for spots.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Could be one of the areas Stoll was looking at on his trip to Scandinavia a couple months ago.
Yes but at some point they decided to resign Copley.
They are going to look for a starter that has played in North america before next season.
The only kinds of moves Blake should be considering at the deadline would be mid round picks for vets with expiring contracts like Dumoulin and Eller.

It was said somewhere that Blake wanted player with term, so I think you are plan b.

Reactions: lumbergh

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
If you move Roy you could get a fat return, but you would then need a Roy equivalent on the left side.

Anderson-Doughty
xxxxx-Clarke
xxxxx-Spence

IMO, you'd want two high quality defensive defensemen on the left side in that scenario. I'm not sure Durzi, Bjornfot, Walker fit in.

I know people don't want to hear it, but it's probably just better to hold on to Roy and give Spence/Clarke more time and/or easier minutes

Next season:
Anderson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Roy
xxxx-Clarke/Spence

Durzi and Walker odd men out.

Exactly, the only players that being what Roy brings are Anderson and Doughty defense wise. If we move Roy and just roll Clarke/Durzi/Spence that’s a lot of smaller stature offensive Dmen.

And in the system there are 2 LHD that might be able to take that spot but Bjornfot looks to need a little more time and who knows if Kirsanov ever even comes over.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
If cap doesn't go up much, TV bankruptcies, King's cap next year is a little tight. Move QB to center, Iafallo back with Kopi. Forwards snap into place. Probably 1 or 2 extra forwards that will fight for spots. Grundström, JAD, Fagemo, Kupari

Defense, replace Edler with Björnfot. Move Walker & replace with Clarke, Spence.

Goal, Cal Pheonix to start. Might as well see if Cal can play a backup level. His contact will be easier to move next season after his bonus is paid or buyout after the year.

This gets the King's a little cap flexibility 2,000,000 or so. More flexibility after next season when Kopi & Ardvidsson contracts are up.

So, probably just sitting & waiting. Sign the best extra G & D for 1M to compete for spots.
Ya Kings better be looking for a Bally back up network.

Blake makes his biggest moves in the off season, so thats when he would most likely sign an UFA GT and a LHD if he does not have one signed before that.

Spence should be up for OZ and Clarke starts in AHL with Cal.

Kopi will be extended unless he craps out like Brown amd Quick.
Arv may be resigned or potentially traded.

Inner Turbulence

Jun 12, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
View attachment 655992

would anyone do this? the article says its capfriendly approved.. Link below if anyone wants to read the other predictions

Apart from the overpayment the sheer thought of Luke Schenn returning to LA gives me instant nightmares. I had enough of 1 year of him screening our own goaltenders and having the mobility of a medium-sized bridge-pylon.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
CA. refugee<E. TN.
Exactly, the only players that being what Roy brings are Anderson and Doughty defense wise. If we move Roy and just roll Clarke/Durzi/Spence that’s a lot of smaller stature offensive Dmen.

And in the system there are 2 LHD that might be able to take that spot but Bjornfot looks to need a little more time and who knows if Kirsanov ever even comes over.
Kirsanov under contract with SKA until april 2025

Reactions: Docgonzo

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Ya Kings better be looking for a Bally back up network.

Blake makes his biggest moves in the off season, so thats when he would most likely sign an UFA GT and a LHD if he does not have one signed before that.

Spence should be up for OZ and Clarke starts in AHL with Cal.

Kopi will be extended unless he craps out like Brown amd Quick.
Arv may be resigned or potentially traded.
I've wondered if SNLA (the one that carries the Dodgers) would be a good fit. Very little scheduling conflict, by the time the NHL Regular season starts, MLB is in the postseason (all games are national). And April would only have one round of playoff hockey before they go national.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Common sense says that something has to give by this offseason on the RHD side. Even if you keep Durzi on the Left -- there needs to be at least one trade.

But recent history with these thngs, baring injuries, tells me that Clarke will be in Ontario with Durzi playing LHD. SMH.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Don’t think Spence and Clarke make the Kings next year. Clarke will likely be in Ontario.

For sure next year:

Doughty-Anderson
Durzi-
Roy-

I have to believe Walker will be waived, traded or bought out. Have to believe also Bjornfot is trade fodder unless Kings don’t get Chychrum.

So essentially Kings have two LHD spots to fill - and they are not filling Edlers departure with a small RHD or Bjornfot, who doesn’t play Edlers game.

I was at the state of the frenchie and Blke basically said Edler is their is big physical veteran D.

Both Walker and Roy have one year left on their deals and will both be UFA. Roy is one year younger.

Last edited:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If we're not willing to trade either Spence or Clarke they both need to be in the f***ing NHL lineup next season. I mostly agree with Blake's patient management strategy, but this team could use a player like Chychrun. If it's not him, we'll be looking for another young, top 4 LHD somewhere else.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

That ain't it. I'd rather go after Korpisalo or Reimer. Also, for those looking at Edmundson, he ain't it either.

Screenshot-2023-02-17-at-10.40.35-PM.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Would Strickland like to posit the Kings' plans for Talbot? He's in his mid-30s like Quick and is a UFA after this season. Is the plan for the rest of the season to:
- trade Quick and go with a tandem of Copley and Talbot
- trade or waive Copley and go with a tandom of Talbot/Quick
- roll with 3 goalies

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Would Strickland like to posit the Kings' plans for Talbot? He's in his mid-30s like Quick and is a UFA after this season. Is the plan for the rest of the season to:
- roll with 3 goalies
My guess would be a three-goalie tandem with Talbot being the insurance policy if one of Copley/Quick continue to cost the team some points.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
- roll with 3 goalies
I'd assume 3 goalies. If a goalie trade is made, makes sense for it to not happen until deadline day. Could send someone down and bring them back up the next day when the roster limit isn't in place

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'd assume 3 goalies. If a goalie trade is made, makes sense for it to not happen until deadline day. Could send someone down and bring them back up the next day when the roster limit isn't in place
My guess would be a three-goalie tandem with Talbot being the insurance policy if one of Copley/Quick continue to cost the team some points.
You're right it would be the best option if they get a goalie at the deadline.

But sending someone down then recalling them would use up one of their five transactions post deadline.

I suppose that's the best alternative though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad