Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
We’re gonna make stetcher lite trades again aren’t we
My money is on JmfJ from Hawks!!!

Cap & trading for a D. Next year we're looking at about 4M cap to bring in a LD. If they're targeting a physical shutdown guy, there are plenty of those & they don't cost too much. This requires moving Walker.

Goal, I expect a goalie making 1-2M fighting with Cal for backup. Then just waiting for a team like Nashville or Winnipeg to decide to move their goalie. Cal gets easier to deal with the longer they wait & there's no point in dumping him if you don't have a starting goalie lined up. Cal's cap hit is just going to be spent on the new goalie.

Adding anything more expensive requires one of Iafallo, Moore, Ardvidsson. Don't see Blake doing this. So a 3M defender & 1.5M goalie is my guess for next year.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
My money is on JmfJ from Hawks!!!

Cap & trading for a D. Next year we're looking at about 4M cap to bring in a LD. If they're targeting a physical shutdown guy, there are plenty of those & they don't cost too much. This requires moving Walker.

Goal, I expect a goalie making 1-2M fighting with Cal for backup. Then just waiting for a team like Nashville or Winnipeg to decide to move their goalie. Cal gets easier to deal with the longer they wait & there's no point in dumping him if you don't have a starting goalie lined up. Cal's cap hit is just going to be spent on the new goalie.

Adding anything more expensive requires one of Iafallo, Moore, Ardvidsson. Don't see Blake doing this. So a 3M defender & 1.5M goalie is my guess for next year.
Johnson sucks. He is quite possibly the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Reactions: tbrown33

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
You're right it would be the best option if they get a goalie at the deadline.

But sending someone down then recalling them would use up one of their five transactions post deadline.

I suppose that's the best alternative though.
It is a solution that doesn't step on any toes. Wouldn't say it's the best solution.
Johnson sucks. He is quite possibly the worst defenseman in the NHL.
He has a Cup now!
Also, don't think I said it was a good idea. Just what I'm betting on.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I’d rather not acquire Talbot, he’s been dinged up this year. If that’s the move the Kings make to get in additional depth between the pipes, the cost should be minimal. I wouldn’t give up more than a mid round pick and a fringe prospect, at best for Talbot.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
We’re gonna make stetcher lite trades again aren’t we

We might get lucky in the last hour of the deadline. Columbus took a slap to the face with Orlov. Unless Edmonton ponies up, we might be able to get Gavrikov for a 2nd + Madden.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
I’m starting to think Chromiak shouldn’t be included in any trade discussions. Guy was a faller his draft year and he’s proving he should’ve gone much higher. Seems like he’s getting better as the season goes on. 13 goals in 22 games since scoring his first. Watching him, he oozes potential.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
We might get lucky in the last hour of the deadline. Columbus took a slap to the face with Orlov. Unless Edmonton ponies up, we might be able to get Gavrikov for a 2nd + Madden.
Gavrikov does not want to sign extension with anybody at this time.

He wants to be free agent this summer.

I do not want LA trade for him at all.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I’m starting to think Chromiak shouldn’t be included in any trade discussions. Guy was a faller his draft year and he’s proving he should’ve gone much higher. Seems like he’s getting better as the season goes on. 13 goals in 22 games since scoring his first. Watching him, he oozes potential.
If it's Chychrun, another legitimate #2-3D, or a starting goalie I'd be okay including him. That's it though. Fiala, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Kempe are all legit top 6 wingers so losing Chromiak would hurt but not be devastating. He's rocketed up into the top 5 of our prospect pool at this point:

1T. Clarke
1T. Byfield
3. Spence
4. Chromiak
5. Turcotte

HM: Fagemo, Laferriere, Fagemo, Kupari

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How hard is it to trade walker? I thought teams need RHD depth.

The cap is, captain obvious warning, all about money. Walker, next year, makes almost $1m more in cash than cap hit. So even though he may be a RHD, is he good enough to make other teams want that cash/hit ratio?

Can we stand Walker? Not really. He's a daily talking point in the negative direction, for one reason or another. If he bothers us that much, you have to imagine what other GMs are thinking, And those other GMs aren't even coming at it from the usual I hate Robitaille and Blake point of view. They're thinking about their own team and salary structure.

So, yes, and troll warning, it might be tougher to trade Walker than not.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
How hard is it to trade walker?
Very difficult.

Would you give up assets for Troy Stretcher with a 2.65M cap hit?

Unless Walker's game really comes together down the stretch and he has a great playoff, he likely has negative value.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Very difficult.

Would you give up assets for Troy Stretcher with a 2.65M cap hit?

Unless Walker's game really comes together down the stretch and he has a great playoff, he likely has negative value.
The upside is, next year is the last on his deal, so waiving him at the end of camp makes him much more likely to be claimed.

Even if he clears, the relief from burying him in the minors will be enough to where him sitting doesn’t hurt even half as much as playing him over Spence or Clarke.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If it's Chychrun, another legitimate #2-3D, or a starting goalie I'd be okay including him. That's it though. Fiala, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Kempe are all legit top 6 wingers so losing Chromiak would hurt but not be devastating. He's rocketed up into the top 5 of our prospect pool at this point:

1T. Clarke
1T. Byfield
3. Spence
4. Chromiak
5. Turcotte

HM: Fagemo, Laferriere, Fagemo, Kupari
Firstly, Byfield and Kupari are NHL guys so you can stop calling them prospects.
Chychrun is a #2 but more of a #3 Dman, he’s not a #1D and never will be..
with these prices they should just roll as is and call it a day..
The upcoming UFA class is loaded with LHD Dmen in the 26-30YO range that could really help the Kings and will be easier to sign.. Carson Soucy, Ryan Graves, Gavrikov or even Orlov will be up for grabs

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Gavrikov does not want to sign extension with anybody at this time.

He wants to be free agent this summer.

I do not want LA trade for him at all.

Gotcha.

I thought that was Gavrikov not wanting to sign with Columbus. If that is the case, pure rental should be much, much cheaper. I don't mind burning a 4th at most then. Columbus might hang up the phone.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Good points re: walker. I didn’t realize he was making more money than his cap hit. And I wouldn’t trade for stetcher at that hit.

I don’t think Walker is that bad of a defender, spence is just that much better.

If Zaitsev in OTT can be traded, so can Walker. Some team who is rebuilding should be able to see the value in taking him as a filler and trading him at the next TDL, and getting a late round pick now to do it.

Because they haven’t waived him makes me think that he has some value.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Firstly, Byfield and Kupari are NHL guys so you can stop calling them prospects.
Chychrun is a #2 but more of a #3 Dman, he’s not a #1D and never will be..
with these prices they should just roll as is and call it a day..
The upcoming UFA class is loaded with LHD Dmen in the 26-30YO range that could really help the Kings and will be easier to sign.. Carson Soucy, Ryan Graves, Gavrikov or even Orlov will be up for grabs
Graves would be a solid pickup

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If I understand correctly, Walker's cap hit next year would be 1.5M if he's buried in the AHL.

Or if the Kings buy him out his cap hit would be
23/24 .4M
24/25 1.1M

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If I understand correctly, Walker's cap hit next year would be 1.5M if he's buried in the AHL.

Or if the Kings buy him out his cap hit would be
23/24 .4M
24/25 1.1M
Someone will probably take him if you put him on waivers.. Blake probably thinks he can get a pick though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad