Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Fp19DGOXgAAeFAs

E5OMxixX0Ag7ep0

img_2605.jpg

If NN and AV can't get 1sts, I don't think Iafallo can.

Teams usually don't give up 1st for defensive forwards.
Y'all know we're never trading Iafallo right? 10 years from now GM23 & PoHO Kopi are going to retire his number so they can put his jersey in the rater with theirs.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fp19DGOXgAAeFAs

E5OMxixX0Ag7ep0

img_2605.jpg

If NN and AV can't get 1sts, I don't think Iafallo can.

Teams usually don't give up 1st for defensive forwards.

Playoff teams absolutely can and do

You can't discount the TOI/Role difference either

But this year is also a buyer's market so I def wouldn't defend this opinon to the death this year

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
With the Preds open for buisness and as a few have chimed in about Blake and Polie making the Arvidsson deal and further factor that any of: Ekholm, McDonagh (although NTC) Saros could certainly be a huge boost - then there's Jeannot and Lauzon even...then also factor in that the Preds have a terrible pipeline...and finally, the Preds wanting to shed some salary, makes the Kings and Preds a good bet for a deal.

If one is consumated, will be a win-win, as neither Blake or Poile get fleeced and hoping something can transpire.
I wonder if they would retain any % of Ekholm, McDonagh, Saros...if not, they have to take Walker and / or Lemieux back. I'd be okay with unloading Iafallo, but would be shocked, as the org loves him. Moore? A posibility, but as stated here, it does not look good to sign someone to a well earned LT contract and trade them. But, some salary has to go back.

I'd love Ekholm and Saros, but the price tag would probably be: #1 2023 and 2 of: Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Pinelli, Laferrriere, JAD, Chromiak, Turcotte, Grans, Hughes? Connor? + Walker or Lemieux.

You can add any of those to your : Byfield, Clarke, Vilardi, Spence, Kupari list all day long, (Poile ain't taking Madden and Moverare, be real) but it would cost to get 2 mid-upper tier NHL players with term. Ekholm's contract is a little rich, but he's like a 32 Edler...which is much better than the 36-37 yr old Edler. I think adding Ekholm and Saros solves the LHD and Goalie situation now and for 3 years and gives the Kings a real shot at a Western Conference Championship. Not saying a favorite, but a shot.
I think the Kings now highly value Kupari as 4C and trusting his Pk and his slow, but steady progression and want to keep him, over others. Size, speed, 2way play and more upside, plus can play W or C

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Statue with brown quick and kopitar lol

Wait...what about the statue of Grizzly Adams? There's a Dustin Brown one, you say?
Was Grizzly Adams a longtime season seat holder and they let him hoist the cup?
(and in a King uni, no less. Weird)
I'm still looking for the story on that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrHansReinhardt

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
With the Preds open for buisness and as a few have chimed in about Blake and Polie making the Arvidsson deal and further factor that any of: Ekholm, McDonagh (although NTC) Saros could certainly be a huge boost - then there's Jeannot and Lauzon even...then also factor in that the Preds have a terrible pipeline...and finally, the Preds wanting to shed some salary, makes the Kings and Preds a good bet for a deal.

If one is consumated, will be a win-win, as neither Blake or Poile get fleeced and hoping something can transpire.
I wonder if they would retain any % of Ekholm, McDonagh, Saros...if not, they have to take Walker and / or Lemieux back. I'd be okay with unloading Iafallo, but would be shocked, as the org loves him. Moore? A posibility, but as stated here, it does not look good to sign someone to a well earned LT contract and trade them. But, some salary has to go back.

I'd love Ekholm and Saros, but the price tag would probably be: #1 2023 and 2 of: Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Pinelli, Laferrriere, JAD, Chromiak, Turcotte, Grans. + Walker or Lemieux.

You can add any of those to your : Byfield, Clarke, Vilardi, Spence, Kupari list all day long, (Poile ain't taking Madded and Moverare, be real) but it would cost to get 2 upper tier NHL players with term. Ekholm's contract is a little rich, but he's like a 32 Edler...which is much better than the 36-37 yr old Edler. I think adding Ekholm and Saros solves the LHD and Goalie situation now and for 3 years and gives the Kings a real shot at a Western Conference Championship. Not saying a favorite, but a shot.
I think the Kings now highly value Kupari as 4C and trusting his Pk and his slow, but steady progression and want to keep him, over others. Size, speed, 2way play and more upside, plus can play W or C

Lankinen, Nashville backup, is UFA. 13 games, 2.7 GAA, 0.919 save%.

Was reading the Nashville section & don't think Polie has ever retained salary. Maybe one time. King's have cap to send back so retention isn't a huge issue.

At this point, King's have to trade for a goalie. Nothing is developing in time. Even if they sign a starter they have to trade Cal out or dump someone like Iafallo, unlikely. Finding a goalie & getting the team to take back Cal is going to be pricey. Might be easier in the summer after his 4M bonus.

This isn't a problem that will go away. Cal likely gets another shot because after Saros, they're waiting to see if Hellebuyck gets traded?

Look at what Washington, Calgary, & Edmonton are doing with their goaltending. If Saros hits the market, there's a bidding war.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Ekholm has 3 more years @ 6.25 after this year. He's already 32 years old – McDonagh is also signed for 3 more years @ 6.75 and is 33. I'm not touching either contract.

And I'm not understanding why Nashville would move Saros. He's signed for 2 more years @ 5. There's no reason to move him unless they were to get a major, major haul.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Ekholm has 3 more years @ 6.25 after this year. He's already 32 years old – McDonagh is also signed for 3 more years @ 6.75 and is 33. I'm not touching either contract.

And I'm not understanding why Nashville would move Saros. He's signed for 2 more years @ 5. There's no reason to move him unless they were to get a major, major haul.
Askarov (sp) and cap relief?

Quick played a solid game Friday. Best thing for everyone is if he finds his old playoff game down the stretch. Long shot but is what it is.

Jordie Benn was waived. Bit of a dumpster dive but he is a left shot while a bit of a brute.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
I don't believe RB wants to trade his 2023 #1 pick- saving it for a goaltender.

Kupari is coming into his own. With that tool kit, I'd hate, hate to give him up. He has starting 3C written all over him.

Talbot or someone like him is a perfect fit right now as insurance for the playoffs. Sign a college UFA, draft the goalie of the future this year and give Cal one more chance next season. Keep Phoenix and lift JQs number to the rafters.

Playing poker and waiting till prices come down is paying off, RB is right to be patient.

Best bet is that Walker will not be a King by the end of next week.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Apparently Saros, Forsberg and Josi are off limits. Everyone else, the Preds will listen.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

I hear you and would prefer a top 4 LHD 24-28, but there are none available and granted, does not mean you have to get one by next Friday. 32 is not that old today...Doughty is 33. If Nashville retained 25%, could be enticing. Ekholm is a better defenseman than Chychrun, McCabe or Gavrikov. I doubt McDonagh would be moving and more scared of what he will be like in 3 yrs, than Ekholm in 3 yrs.

Unless Askarov was more ready and playing, would be the only reason they could move Saros. Agreed.

Reactions: LAKings88

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
You would think that with billions of people on the planet, you could easily find 32 great goalies. One for each team. The state of goaltending in the sport in general is sad. I blame at least part of it on the league focusing all its attention over the last 15-20 years on more scoring and marketing the game that way. Kids grow up wanting to be Crosby and Ovechkin. Not Quick or Lundqvist. Great goaltending duals don’t seem to happen anymore.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A soon to be 33 year old with 3 years, that cap hit, and $19.5m in cash(larger than the cumulative cap hit), shouldn't cost much in terms of younger talent. 30 year olds get 25 year olds, and 25 year olds get 20 year olds. I would guess it's a Visnovsky type deal, a hockey deal, because I doubt Poile isn't trying to be competitive next year. So you have to find the right mix of a couple 25-30 year olds, with the right cap hits to equal out, that Poile wants. Can't just get rid of Walker because we want to get rid of him.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Can't just get rid of Walker because we want to get rid of him.
Ottawa just got rid of Zaitsev whos not as good. Walker isnt horrible theres just better options.
If the organization wanted to then they could.
They arent getting rid of him because they like him.
You keep giving out these passes like Blakes hands are tied. Hes the one who gave the contract and isnt willing to give Spence the spot.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
A soon to be 33 year old with 3 years, that cap hit, and $19.5m in cash(larger than the cumulative cap hit), shouldn't cost much in terms of younger talent. 30 year olds get 25 year olds, and 25 year olds get 20 year olds. I would guess it's a Visnovsky type deal, a hockey deal, because I doubt Poile isn't trying to be competitive next year. So you have to find the right mix of a couple 25-30 year olds, with the right cap hits to equal out, that Poile wants. Can't just get rid of Walker because we want to get rid of him.
Johansson injury may be bad. Just had surgery on his leg. Is this that slash from the Ducks in the playoffs years ago? If they don't have a 1C & have to run rookies in the top6 he may not be able to ice a competitive team next year.

Agree that rebuild, retool is not something Poile would do if given a choice.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Re Walker - does anyone think it might effect Blakes judgment that they played for the same college team? asking for a friend

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ottawa just got rid of Zaitsev whos not as good. Walker isnt horrible theres just better options.
If the organization wanted to then they could.
They arent getting rid of him because they like him.
You keep giving out these passes like Blakes hands are tied. Hes the one who gave the contract and isnt willing to give Spence the spot.

Well we're talking about an Ekholm deal, so I'm just going to keep doubting Walker will be a piece going back simply because we can't wait to get rid of him.

If the Kings love him more than any other human on the planet, that's even more reason to never add him into a trade proposal.

Johansson injury may be bad. Just had surgery on his leg. Is this that slash from the Ducks in the playoffs years ago? If they don't have a 1C & have to run rookies in the top6 he may not be able to ice a competitive team next year.

Agree that rebuild, retool is not something Poile would do if given a choice.

Granted, Forsberg and Josi have NMCs, but if they're not going anywhere, and neither is Saros, nobody is likely touching Duchene, doubt anyone is knocking down too many doors for Granlund, McDonagh's contract, they're not tearing too much down. They're not even under pressure to get rid of Ekholm. Plus a good chunk of cap next year to work with.

So if they don't have a 1C, so what? They'll patch a team together, and try to make the playoffs. Maybe they get Larkin, or one of the big money RFAs in a trade.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings need a 3c and about 2-3 LHD and at least one of them has to be big and play tough.

Also, a future number one goalie.

Walker is fine, the issue is the Kings have too many RHD especially ones that are his size and can do what he can do. That’s why he is movable.

Durzi and Roy each have different tangibles than Clarke, Spence.

Reactions: funky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad