Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Firstly, Byfield and Kupari are NHL guys so you can stop calling them prospects.
Chychrun is a #2 but more of a #3 Dman, he’s not a #1D and never will be..
with these prices they should just roll as is and call it a day..
The upcoming UFA class is loaded with LHD Dmen in the 26-30YO range that could really help the Kings and will be easier to sign.. Carson Soucy, Ryan Graves, Gavrikov or even Orlov will be up for grabs
Byfield at least is typically still listed as a prospect by prospect writers as of their 2023 org rankings, but fine.

Any LHD drafted this season isn’t contributing for 3-5 years minimum. That’s not helpful. This is also a deep draft for forwards in the first round, but not for defenseman even if there are a lot of lefties in the range you mention.

In terms of prices, I hear you. I feel like Chychrun could have an impact similar to Muzzin though, and I’d pay that price for Muzzin at that age and cap hit. We got a ‘19 1st, Durzi (2nd rd pick and now a solid #4-6 offensive D), and Grundstrom (2nd rd pick) for Muzzin at age 29 on an expiring deal. Chychrun is 4 years younger signed for two more years, and the ask is two 1sts minimum. I think two 1sts about equals a 1st + 2 x 2nds like we got for Muzzin all things considered.

If we didn’t get him and then signed Soucy, I’d be just as happy. I just hope we stay away from Gavrikov or Edmundson. Orlov it depends on term—apparently he wanted more than WSH would give so that’s not a great sign.

Reactions: lumbergh and funky

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
They will, he’s really cheap for a bottom pairing guy..
hell he’s almost back to his play/production pre-injury, the guy isn’t sensationally but he’s not as bad as people make him seem.
Let’s be honest, he is about a million overpaid for his impact at best, but injuries around camp happen, and he is a decent pickup for a team off the waiver wire.

Next year.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We’re gonna make stetcher lite trades again aren’t we

Listen

We're going to trade a 2024 4th rounder for Nathan Beaulieu and you're gonna like it

or Christian Wolanin :laugh:

Byfield at least is typically still listed as a prospect by prospect writers as of their 2023 org rankings, but fine.

Any LHD drafted this season isn’t contributing for 3-5 years minimum. That’s not helpful. This is also a deep draft for forwards in the first round, but not for defenseman even if there are a lot of lefties in the range you mention.

In terms of prices, I hear you. I feel like Chychrun could have an impact similar to Muzzin though, and I’d pay that price for Muzzin at that age and cap hit. We got a ‘19 1st, Durzi (2nd rd pick and now a solid #4-6 offensive D), and Grundstrom (2nd rd pick) for Muzzin at age 29 on an expiring deal. Chychrun is 4 years younger signed for two more years, and the ask is two 1sts minimum. I think two 1sts about equals a 1st + 2 x 2nds like we got for Muzzin all things considered.

If we didn’t get him and then signed Soucy, I’d be just as happy. I just hope we stay away from Gavrikov or Edmundson. Orlov it depends on term—apparently he wanted more than WSH would give so that’s not a great sign.

I mean I'm sold, Durzi, Grundstrom, and a 1st for Chychrun!

Really though I'm just scouring rosters at this point for names haha. Marco Scandella anyone?

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
He's rocketed up into the top 5 of our prospect pool at this point:

1T. Clarke
1T. Byfield
3. Spence
4. Chromiak
5. Turcotte

HM: Fagemo, Laferriere, Fagemo, Kupari
imho, i'd absolutely put Pinelli in that HM grouping (maybe you meant to since you listed Fagemo twice)

Reactions: BringTheReign

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Niederreiter to the Jets.

So Nashville is a seller?

They should be. They don't have much hope of making the playoffs and nothing really promising coming along. They will hang in there for a couple of weeks and then they should fall well off the pace with their schedule.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
With Nashville being sellers, ekholm could be a target, however older and pricey 3 more years at 6.3

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Blake has made a trade with Polie before.

That might not sound like an import factor, but it somewhat is. It's a people business.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

UFA is not a draft pick, it’s an unrestricted free agent.. otherwise I agree

Listen

We're going to trade a 2024 4th rounder for Nathan Beaulieu and you're gonna like it

or Christian Wolanin :laugh:

I mean I'm sold, Durzi, Grundstrom, and a 1st for Chychrun!

Really though I'm just scouring rosters at this point for names haha. Marco Scandella anyone?
You have a deal!! Lol

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Don’t think Spence and Clarke make the Kings next year. Clarke will likely be in Ontario.

For sure next year:

Doughty-Anderson
Durzi-
Roy-

I have to believe Walker will be waived, traded or bought out. Have to believe also Bjornfot is trade fodder unless Kings don’t get Chychrum.

So essentially Kings have two LHD spots to fill - and they are not filling Edlers departure with a small RHD or Bjornfot, who doesn’t play Edlers game.

I was at the state of the frenchie and Blke basically said Edler is their is big physical veteran D.

Both Walker and Roy have one year left on their deals and will both be UFA. Roy is one year younger.
Don’t be coming into Sparta with that message. I will punt you down the hole.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Blake has made a trade with Polie before.

That might not sound like an import factor, but it somewhat is. It's a people business.

Plus the trade looked even. If a GM feels fleeced or embarrassed at a deal it is unlikely business will continue for some time.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's never scored 20 goals before.

I hope you're right, but I can't imagine him getting a 1st.

Good contract, 40-50 point guy, borderline elite defensively, can play all situations on any line.

No NON playoff teams would do that, but a 20-30 pick? easily imo

Plus the trade looked even. If a GM feels fleeced or embarrassed at a deal it is unlikely business will continue for some time.

Credit where it is due, I LOVE Blake's trading game. Very win-win and fair.

I said a long time ago one of his strength's was his relationships and rep around the league, and he's parlayed that into a strong trading record with good results for everyone.

It's also part of why I scoff at Armstrong playing f***in Boiler Room over here with him like he's some sort of badass

Don't get me wrong I have my worries about him breaking his conservative nature to make the hard trades to get past this speedbump but by and large he's an executive with integrity.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Fp19DGOXgAAeFAs

E5OMxixX0Ag7ep0

img_2605.jpg

If NN and AV can't get 1sts, I don't think Iafallo can.

Teams usually don't give up 1st for defensive forwards.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Let's go get Chychrun and Vejmelka from Arizona and Jenner and Gavrikov from Lumbus and go win the cup. Any pick or prospect not on the Kings is fair game, especially if Quick and Petersen are going the other way.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Jenner - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Gavrikov - Durzi

Vejmelka
Copley

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
In my mind Walker does hold value. He is getting better every week which is expected after missing two years of hockey.

The dude can move the puck and is a right shot. There are a few teams with very few defenseman signed next year.

I still think he would be a great fit in Phoenix once they trade ghost and Chychrun.

Reactions: KingTech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad