Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
wow I never guessed lucic would win against MacDermid. Goes to show though that Mac couldn’t make contact with Lucics face but lucic was able to hit him.

Doesn’t matter how tough you are at times, sometimes all you need is more reach and one punch to connect.
It looked like Lucic caught him early with a right that rattled him. Just shows Looch has still got it, must have concrete hands

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
An interesting under the radar LHD option could be Nick Seeler of Philly. There's grit here and it could be useful on the 3rd pair.

Reactions: kinghock

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
wow I never guessed lucic would win against MacDermid. Goes to show though that Mac couldn’t make contact with Lucics face but lucic was able to hit him.

Doesn’t matter how tough you are at times, sometimes all you need is more reach and one punch to connect.
Quite. Once guys get past a certain size it’s about who makes good contact first. That was a fight where the first guy tagged on the jaw is dropped… the right contact an it’s almost physically Impossible to stay on your feet I think it’s the trigeminal nerve, but my physiology is a bit rusty. It drops you but you don’t lose consciousness. Obviously no idea if it applies here.

As much as I think fighting should be removed from the game that was a pretty good tilt. I fully recognise the hypocrisy but curiosity always comes into play ;)

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Lucic is the number one in the league. Reaves and MacDermid were tied, but MacD edged Reaves.

He’s actually a UFA but the odds of the Kings signing him are sadly slim. Well, fingers crossed…

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ekholm will take a 1st plus before trying to send back any bad contracts or retention. At 33 with his contract I'm just not interested

If a soon to be 33 year old, with that term, that hit, and that cash requires a 1st, that pick has to be the only thing of value going back. The rest has to just be cap/roster filler to make the logistics work.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Ekholm will take a 1st plus before trying to send back any bad contracts or retention. At 33 with his contract I'm just not interested
I’ll take a bet that no 1st round pick is involved with any trade involving Ekholm, if you’re interested.

He will be cheap to acquire at his age/salary, retention or not.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I’ll take a bet that no 1st round pick is involved with any trade involving Ekholm, if you’re interested.

He will be cheap to acquire at his age/salary, retention or not.
Regher got 2 2nds and for that matter, so did Arvy. Maybe a 2nd and a decent propect...and take Walker and / or retaining % on Nashville's part.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Polie seems pretty reasonable when making trades. Perhaps Ekholm wouldn't be as expensive as we think.

But Ek is more of an offensive minded guy. If you're looking for a lockdown Dman, he ain't it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Does anyone have an updated player card on Lauzon?

Signed for 3 more years at 2M/per. Could make some sense for us. Looks like he's a decent PKer which we need. 25 years old so he's just hitting his prime.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Does anyone have an updated player card on Lauzon?

Signed for 3 more years at 2M/per. Could make some sense for us. Looks like he's a decent PKer which we need. 25 years hold so he's just hitting his prime.

Lauzon would be an ideal target.

#3 in the NHL in hits and 13.23 Hits/60.

If not I still think Provorov would be a good addition , 5th in the NHL in blocked shots.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Not a fan of McCabe; 4 million for 3 more years is a LOT for a #6 guy having a career year.

He's also not much of a presence back there as he's literally a punching bag.

Eh, don’t need him to be a fighter but he at least stood up for a teammate. I don’t like the idea of giving a first for him alone.

Reactions: funky

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Polie seems pretty reasonable when making trades. Perhaps Ekholm wouldn't be as expensive as we think.

But Ek is more of an offensive minded guy. If you're looking for a lockdown Dman, he ain't it.
How about Lauzon? What would the cost be something like Grundstrom and a 3rd round pick? Him and Durzi would be a good third pair if they also go big on a 2nd pair guy to play with Roy.
So a cheap left dman and a guy like Korpisalo would be nice if they wanna roll with 3 goalies just in case.
Chychrun-Roy would be a really good second pair but I understand if Blake doesnt want to pull the triggar on such a steep deal at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad