Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The issue with Lauzon is his penalty differential.

But it would be nice to add that toughness.

Also, usually guys defensive game doesn't really get good until their mid 20s, and he's just now hitting that age.

He's someone we'd want with Clarke/Spence on the bottom pair, so his defensive game needs to be on point.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Oh i'd really like Lauzon. Much better fit than spending sooooo big on someone that is a questionable fit and/or injury concern. But why would Nashville trade a young, cheap DM?

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

Does anyone have an updated player card on Lauzon?

Signed for 3 more years at 2M/per. Could make some sense for us. Looks like he's a decent PKer which we need. 25 years hold so he's just hitting his prime.

Lauzon & Jeannot would definitely be a bit of a culture changer for a playoff run, and absolutely do wonders for team toughness.

Probably why Blake will never do it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
How about Lauzon? What would the cost be something like Grundstrom and a 3rd round pick? Him and Durzi would be a good third pair if they also go big on a 2nd pair guy to play with Roy.
So a cheap left dman and a guy like Korpisalo would be nice if they wanna roll with 3 goalies just in case.
Chychrun-Roy would be a really good second pair but I understand if Blake doesnt want to pull the triggar on such a steep deal at this point in time.
A lot of people covet his game, so I think he'd cost a bit more. I don't think you're getting him without at least giving up a 2nd round pick. Maybe add a 2024 2nd to that. Would be nice to send Walker the other way, and Durzi go back to the right side on the bottom pair.

Reactions: Schmooley

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
A lot of people covet his game, so I think he'd cost a bit more. I don't think you're getting him without at least giving up a 2nd round pick. Maybe add a 2024 2nd to that. Would be nice to send Walker the other way, and Durzi go back to the right side on the bottom pair.
A Lauzon-Durzi pairing would be almost as scary as Muzzin-Martinez.

They'd have so many flops but at least they'd be feisty. :laugh:

Reactions: Gjwrams

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
How about Lauzon? What would the cost be something like Grundstrom and a 3rd round pick? Him and Durzi would be a good third pair if they also go big on a 2nd pair guy to play with Roy.
So a cheap left dman and a guy like Korpisalo would be nice if they wanna roll with 3 goalies just in case.
Chychrun-Roy would be a really good second pair but I understand if Blake doesnt want to pull the triggar on such a steep deal at this point in time.
I really do not understand how Chychrun is going to fix Kings D issues.
LA needs physical shutdown D.
Chychrun do not have those qualities.
He is good on offense and average on defense LD.
Don’t we have enough good on offense and average/bad on defense D already?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
A Lauzon-Durzi pairing would be almost as scary as Muzzin-Martinez.

They'd have so many flops but at least they'd be feisty. :laugh:
I was thinking

Anderson-Doughty
Lauzon-Roy
Edler-Durzi

Edler-Durzi can't be any worse than Edler-Walker.

Next season:
Anderson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Roy
Lauzon-Clarke/Spence/Durzi

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

Does anyone have an updated player card on Lauzon?

Signed for 3 more years at 2M/per. Could make some sense for us. Looks like he's a decent PKer which we need. 25 years old so he's just hitting his prime.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 12.27.53 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: goosh

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Let's see how close Werenski is to coming back...and that can help CBUS keep Gavrikov and just give him his longterm deal he wants.

Werenski is the #1 LHD I would want. Would have to send 1 of Moore / Iafallo and Walker to make cap close to working. And send #1 2023 and a near top tier prospect not named Byfield, Clarke, Vilardi, Spence. Probably 2 good prosepcts and the #1

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
This is a weird year. In some ways I think the Kings are still a few seasons away from being a true contender. But then I look at the West and nobody is dominating, there is no clear cut favorite especially with the uncertainty on Makar returning. I feel like this is really a year about 6 or 7 teams have a good chance of getting to the final.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Would be stoked with a Jeannot/lauzon package. Lots of toughness added…

This is a weird year. In some ways I think the Kings are still a few seasons away from being a true contender. But then I look at the West and nobody is dominating, there is no clear cut favorite especially with the uncertainty on Makar returning. I feel like this is really a year about 6 or 7 teams have a good chance of getting to the final.
If we’re a few seasons away why are we holding on to Kopitar? Mentor reasons?

The Butcher

Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Would be stoked with a Jeannot/lauzon package. Lots of toughness added…

If we’re a few seasons away why are we holding on to Kopitar? Mentor reasons?
I'm not Rob Blake so I don't know.

But perhaps I wasn't clear in my point in saying anyone can come out of the West right now. And my projections are amateur at best, just a feeling I get.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I'm not Rob Blake so I don't know.

But perhaps I wasn't clear in my point in saying anyone can come out of the West right now. And my projections are amateur at best, just a feeling I get.
I think this is very true. Colorado is still very good. Vegas is always tough especially if they get Meier. Might come down to the hottest goalie.

At the end you probably face Boston or Tampa tho.

But anything can happen.

Been pretty quiet on the western trade front.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
The only hope any of the western teams have of winning the cup is if Boston, Carolina, Tampa, New York, New Jersey, and Toronto all beat the living hell out of each other. And even then, highly unlikely.

The Butcher

Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
The only hope any of the western teams have of winning the cup is if Boston, Carolina, Tampa, New York, New Jersey, and Toronto all beat the living hell out of each other. And even then, highly unlikely.
Get to the final anything can happen. The jury is still very much out on who the hottest team in May will be.

And I think the Kings could hold their own against 2 or 3 of those teams if the series started tomorrow.

Reactions: lumbergh

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Get to the final anything can happen. The jury is still very much out on who the hottest team in May will be.

And I think the Kings could hold their own against 2 or 3 of those teams if the series started tomorrow.
Right now, my money’s on Carolina making it out of the east.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Right now, my money’s on Carolina making it out of the east.
The probably with Carolina is that they're not big or tough.

I think teams like Boston with Foligno, Frederic, Greer, Hathaway, Carlo, or Tampa with Maroon, Paul, Perry, Cernak, Cole, etc. stomp em.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who's a comparable player to Iaffalo that's got a 1st round pick?

I'm not saying it's never happened, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

You may be right, at least at the trade deadline in particular. most of them are parts of more complicated trades, or just straight UFA rentals as opposed to term, especially since salary is an asset now

Jarnkrok with retention got a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th
Zajac and Palmieri with retention got a 1st, 2nd, Greer, and mason jobst

then it gets weird with covid years, no real run up to trade deadline, and I'm not sure pre 2019 is really relevant

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Goalie market is poop.

Just trade for McDonagh & Lankinen (backup goalie). Send Cal & Walker back to make the cap work.

McDonagh while getting up there in age will be great for the room & be solid paired with Clarke or Spence next year.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Goalie market is poop.

Just trade for McDonagh & Lankinen (backup goalie). Send Cal & Walker back to make the cap work.

McDonagh while getting up there in age will be great for the room & be solid paired with Clarke or Spence next year.
Nashville won't just be letting those pieces go for free; especially if you expect them to take Cal back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad