Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
You cannot keep Kempe, Iafallo, Moore, and Arvidsson long term if you expect Vilardi, Byfield, and Kaliyev to develop into top six forwards. You likely need to let go of TWO of the aforementioned group.

There's just not enough room, and the cap doesn't work long term. Given Moore's recent contract, it seems like Iafallo and Arvidsson are the odd men out.

Kempe-Kopitar-Kaliyev
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi
Moore-Danault-OPEN
OPEN-OPEN-OPEN

You have a whole group of fringe or bottom six forwards to choose from for those final four spots. Lizotte, JAD, Kupari, Turcotte, Lemieux, Fagemo, etc.

Assuming Vilardi actually, you know, recovers and gets back to form :)sweats:), he will garner a significant raise, as will Kempe, and ultimately Kaliyev and Byfield. I would love to keep Arvidsson and Iafallo, but I just don't see how you can commit so much cap to two depth veteran forwards when you've already essentially done that with Moore and Danault.

Plus, even if the money does work, keeping Kempe/Iafallo/Arvi/Moore means several of Lizotte/JAD/Kupari/Turcotte etc. will either be lost to waivers or sold off for pennies on the dollar.

There's no doubt Blake has amassed a wealth of quality NHL forwards. Now it's his job to create a healthy ecosystem of youth playing their way up the lineup, veteran stabilization, production, versatility, and above all else cap maneuverability.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Turcotte sees the guy coming and still looks down before he got plastered... i heard he didnt return to the game. Not sure if he's going to miss any time.. maybe someone else knows. At this point if the Kings's could get a 2nd for him, Id take it. Edit: Weisblatt is #31 pick by the Sharks in 2020.. ie he's not an overaged goon like the guy from Colorado

Last edited:
Reactions: YP44

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I don't expect a forward at all unless it's a depth guy. For one, we have too many of them as it is. Second, the type of forward we would get completely depends on the plans for Byfield in the immediate future. If they see him as a center starting next year we obviously don't need another one of those.

I don't think we need even a rental up front. If someone offers something ridiculous that fits in (like Fiala), of course you do it. Otherwise I don't think we bother.

I'd run Kopi/Danault/RoR down the center. RoR is just an example & can be swapped out. In a year or two slide Byfield back to center in Kopi's spot.

Our (far) more pressing needs are help in goal and on D
I'd argue that Lizotte going against Mcdavid in the playoffs is a bigger need than adding a D. We have guys like Björnfot, Moverare, Clarke & Spence that can be recalled.

You could toss Byfield back at center & replace him on the top line with Iafallo. Hope it doesn't disrupt what the first line is doing.

Edit: I see this team close to taking a shot. G, 3C & D need to be improved to get there. Maybe the trades just aren't there & it's too much to get done at the deadline. Then, why are you looking at Chychrun if you aren't serious about taking a shot?

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Not good. Looks like he falls and his head bounces off the top edge of the boards. Hope for the best, but fearing for NOT the best.
You're right - didnt notice that. The Baracuda announcer said at the time looked like a lower body problem the way he skated to the bench... The dude needs more situational awareness. If I was as concussed as much as he was, id definitely be playing w my head up at all times and work on reverse hits. He had plenty of time to prepare for that one.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Turcotte sees the guy coming and still looks down before he got plastered... i heard he didnt return to the game. Not sure if he's going to miss any time.. maybe someone else knows. At this point if the Kings's could get a 2nd for him, Id take it. Edit: Weisblatt is #31 pick by the Sharks in 2020.. ie he's not an overaged goon like the guy from Colorado
The thing I don't like about that hit is that Turcotte is already being checked by another Sharks player when Weisblatt takes advantage of the situation. It's very difficult to be aware of other players and defend yourself when you are already dealing with a guy right next to you.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The thing I don't like about that hit is that Turcotte is already being checked by another Sharks player when Weisblatt takes advantage of the situation. It's very difficult to be aware of other players and defend yourself when you are already dealing with a guy right next to you.
That is true... It a predatory hit... still it seems Turcotte is a magnet for those kind of hits.. ie he must be exposing himself due to the way he plays... the previous concussion hit he was travelling across the offensive blue line with his head partially down (as I recall)..

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
With Iafallo on the second line it was shit. The reason for the improvement has been to transformation of the 1st line into a complete one. Iafallo hasn’t done shit his last dozen games, it’s been other players stepping up as well as the defensive settling down and Copley’s steady play.

Iafallo has what, 5 pts in his last 20 games??
Again its not with the fans but inside the room. Played many years of Hockey some college Baseball and you have certain teammates that just make the game easier to manage. In Hockey if you know where he's going to be. Plays a 200 ft game, etc.. Plays with really talented players but they tend to be out of position o Well they are 7-5 in the last 12 so.
With Iafallo on the second line it was shit. The reason for the improvement has been to transformation of the 1st line into a complete one. Iafallo hasn’t done shit his last dozen games, it’s been other players stepping up as well as the defensive settling down and Copley’s steady play.

Iafallo has what, 5 pts in his last 20 games??
Iafallo last 20 games 5 goals 6 Assists. or 20G-24A pace. Hey don't get me wrong if Iafallo gets traded as part of getting a quality LD I would be ok with it but He's just plays a responsible game and when you have played on teams for many years like I have Iafallo is the type of player you appreciate.

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
I wouldnt want to dump moore anyways .. last playoffs i kept an eye out for which of our players elevates their game the most .. and i dont know why i was suprised it was moore ... well in my opinion i guess haha
I thought Moore was amazing in the playoffs last year, i agree with you on that. I'd much rather have Moore on the team then Iafallo.

• Love
Reactions: tkb81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad