Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't mind the new reverse retro jerseys although they aren't as good as last year's. It gives me an excuse to get a Fiala jersey.

As for Petersen, I am nervous about it but at the same time, I am fine with it in the sense that this is make or break for him. I am honestly fine with them forcing him in there as it is put up or shut up when it comes to him being in goal for the franchise moving forward. The contract is now sourer than not and who knows, maybe he plays well enough to either solidify a position or to gain a taker in a trade...

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
True - when you look at it like that and see the potential for the cap to increase, they should be okay. And then Kopitar's contract will come off the books the year after that.

But you know...Vilardi is going to get paid. I think we should all be thinking about how his new contract will be structured.
Yep, the Vilardi raise will be substantial. At least half of that 10 mill figure.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Why is Cal starting? building on 1.5 periods of decent play.. praying he can turn the corner? Prediction, he will suck ass... but I get it, you want your 5x3 heir apparent to actually play like they paid him.
He has to find his game, Quick can’t play 60+ games. The only way he does so is but playing and it makes sense to do so off the back of a decent end to the last game.

Yep, the Vilardi raise will be substantial. At least half of that 10 mill figure.
I hope so because if so he’s had a great year.

Reactions: tbrown33

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

It can go two ways. Cheaper for a couple years to see if he continues, or paying more long term based on a small sample, like Petersen.

Based on the current cap situation I'd definitely go longer term, skaters are far more predictable than goalies. It also prevents a glut of contracts ending at the same time.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He has to find his game, Quick can’t play 60+ games. The only way he does so is but playing and it makes sense to do so off the back of a decent end to the last game.
Id be OK if JQ got 2 out 3 starts.. that 54.. I hope Cal does well tonite. I also hope that if he sucks, there is a short leash...Cant coddle the guy. But Im ok with rewarding him with this start as long as he is held accountable when he sucks.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Next year:

Doughty-Clarke (or Clarke-Doughty)
Bjornfot-Roy
Soucy/Anderson-Spence

Win.
I like where your head is at but Anderson on the bottom pair or out?

Anderson-Doughty
Soucy-Clarke
Roy/Bjornfot-Spence

I think the flames nailed the reverse retro this time around.
It is supposed to be swapping out a previous jersey and they sure hit that. The pedestal is one of those jerseys that scream 90s.
Likewise I really like the pens.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I like where your head is at but Anderson on the bottom pair or out?

Anderson-Doughty
Soucy-Clarke
Roy/Bjornfot-Spence
I'll go on the record that I'm not a huge Mikey Anderson fan on the top pairing. Drew loves him there because he will always pass it to Drew. He'd be better as a third pairing guy who doesn't always defer to #1.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'll go on the record that I'm not a huge Mikey Anderson fan on the top pairing. Drew loves him there because he will always pass it to Drew. He'd be better as a third pairing guy who doesn't always defer to #1.
Swap Soucy and Anderson then!!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gabe’s set to snatch that RFA allotted cap space in 9 months. And he’s got no competition at forward for those dollars, which project to be top six worthy.

Wagner is likely not qualified, so that right there can get Vilardi to $2M. But if he keeps this up over a season, he’s in the $4M+ range on a bridge deal.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Gabe’s set to snatch that RFA allotted cap space in 9 months. And he’s got no competition at forward for those dollars, which project to be top six worthy.

Wagner is likely not qualified, so that right there can get Vilardi to $2M. But if he keeps this up over a season, he’s in the $4M+ range on a bridge deal.
let's hope he keeps it up!!

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
In the words of Winston Wolf…let’s not start suckin…

Vilardi has had a great start, no doubt. Doing it for half a season is another thing, let alone a full season. Let’s wait and see. Iafallo had a great first half last year and whether injured or not, his play wasn’t the same from January on.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Retro voted #1 while our current jersey is always voted some of the worst? Hmm, wonder if people want the crown and purple and gold back

Looks like a BS poll. According to focus groups conducted by the LA Kings, the black and white jerseys were overwhelmingly preferred when conducting a double-blind study where those 2 jerseys were the only jerseys available to select.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
I guess I am one of the few that barfs at the jersey. The color combo of gold and purple are tacky as hell and the crown looks like an old lady with curlers in her hair.

ugly_ass_hell.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I guess I am one of the few that barfs at the jersey. The color combo of gold and purple are tacky as hell and the crown looks like an old lady with curlers in her hair.

View attachment 597011

Yeah it's kinda getting repetitive for me at this point. I'd like to see them bring back the 2000-2007 style of jerseys. Also what's with the reveal video and all the weird filters and lighting. Like dang; just let me see what the jersey looks like in natural lighting.

alexander-frolov-of-the-los-angeles-kings-celebrates-after-scoring-a-picture-id2913439

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Hey Kings fans.

I have always had a soft spot for Vilardi and I am curious how he has looked this year. The stats sheet seems to indicate he is getting opportunities and making the most of them but is he looking like this might be the season he really takes that next step to become the top end player I thought he might be able to become?

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
Hey Kings fans.

I have always had a soft spot for Vilardi and I am curious how he has looked this year. The stats sheet seems to indicate he is getting opportunities and making the most of them but is he looking like this might be the season he really takes that next step to become the top end player I thought he might be able to become?
Its early in the season, but he has been dominant in the first 6 games. Stats have been reflective of his play. I am hoping to see if he can keep up this play, but am worried once the first dry streak comes. Vilardi was harder on himself than anyone else last year.

Reactions: doulos

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hey Kings fans.

Reactions: YP44

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This jersey is better than last year's RR simply because the Chevron was out of place still being all silver on top of the purple/gold. They were liked so much because they were purple/gold and the nostalgia for the Chevron logo is super high (The crown on the new RR is a better logo but I still absolutely love the Chevron because it is the one I grew up watching).

The new one flows perfectly and the crown pops off of the white. Nice and clean sweater with good pop of color from the striping and logo. Only concern is that the name/numbers look silly as shit at the team store, kind of like the Stadium ones with the long numbers on it. Hoping that is just photoshop since they don't even have them made yet for a real photo.

Reactions: KINGS17 and YP44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad