Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Better, so now can we get rid of the black and white trash and the pencil point logo?

It was such a short stint that it almost slipped my mind that Luc, Blake, and Ferraro were all teammates in LA for a short while. And Ray mentioned the ‘93 cup run. He’s married to Cammi Granato, Tony’s sister, who went to the final with Luc and Blake. I’m sure he’s heard all about that run.
Still delusional about Kopitar leading the Kings to another cup.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Hey, thanks for stopping by! We’re all super high on Spence here and feel just as bummed out for him that he’s in the A just cuz of the RHD log jam. I think most of us would hope we roll with Doughty, Clark and Spence for the coming 5 years or so and make one big trade to land the LHD we’re missing. However, a lot will depend on the fit needs of the team we’d do a hypothetical deal with, so if young D is a need for them, Spence may be the best trade chip we could live without. I think Walker, Durzi and Roy could all be had in the right deal, and Walker could be dealt for a pick at this point just to make room.
seems like my hunch is confirmed, he's in a similar spot to Sam Girard in that he's a quality 2nd pair D just stuck behind more quality. Well as a fantasy owner I hope he gets a larger role sooner than later, but happy to sit on him until then. Actually seems like LHD is the more scarce position in the league right now

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I don’t think the Kings will have cap issues. For starters, Quick’s $5.8 million is coming off the books, and $1.2 million is being freed up from Phaneuf’s and Richards’ buyouts. On top of that, the cap is speculated to rise by $4 million. That’s $10 million in open cap space with only Moore, Lemieux, Anderson, and Quick to re-sign. Even if we re-sign those guys and take up the full $10 million, we aren’t poised to lose anybody due to cap.

With regards to Spence, I think he’s very much in LA’s plan. All he’s done is gone above and beyond expectations every step of the way. There are a lot of guys in front of him right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see our right side consist of Doughty, Clarke, and Spence in two years.
If the cap raises up by 4 million as speculated. We have around ~18.5 million in cap for next year.

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004

Looks nice, but isn't the whole concept of reverse retro supposed to blend two different era of jerseys. This is just the original crown with original purple and gold. Only thing they did was make the jersey in white. Islanders went with the fisherman logo, we should of done a burger King jersey, but in "forum blue" and gold haha. Like I said, looks nice but I only see one era here.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Something tells me Luc has an interracial fetish with his obsession over black and white.
Actual image of Luc eating a cookie:
1666287717047.png

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Thanks for stopping by! All of us are super jealous of the juggernaut Avs team. So much talent there, especially Makar.

We are all very high on Spence. He has consistently exceeded expectations at every point in his development. I'm not sure there is any D that we have had in our system (that started in the AHL) who has had that much success right off the bat. We definitely have a logjam of D on the right side, which is a good problem to have seeing as how it is the most coveted spot in the league. I think it was pretty telling in that video with Blake, Dregs and Ferraro that the Kings are really trying to get as much information as they can on their young prospects before getting into a trade situation. I really feel like that is coming this year. They know Spence and Bjornfot could probably play on the team right now, but it's a numbers game with waiver exemptions. I don't think there is yet a consensus on who they would ultimately want involved in a trade, but most of us feel that Walker would be the odd man out.

The Kings are going to have some cap issues next year. I wouldn't expect Edler back. I'd love to sign a guy like Soucy as an UFA. That would still leave us short on the left hand side, unless Bjornfot assumes that role. If you still have Doughty, Clarke and Roy - where does Spence fit into this? Unless one of them is going to convert to the left side going forward.

Best wishes for this season and beyond.
Next year:

Doughty-Clarke (or Clarke-Doughty)
Bjornfot-Roy
Soucy/Anderson-Spence

Win.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Also Cal is starting. This is gonna be a blowout....so nothing unsual.

I decided to show support for Rosen and subscribe for the year with the money I saved on my cancellation threat discount from The Athletic. It's a work in progress, but the Possession Chart data and analysis for each game is really good. I have high hopes for the site and its coverage.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Petersen is stanky why start him again? Dude is not known for being mentally strong at all and thats not gonna change.

Anyways, I think those jerseys look a bit stanky to be honest. I dont know what it is. Looks cheap. But the logo is really really damn nice.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Petersen is stanky why start him again? Dude is not known for being mentally strong at all and thats not gonna change.

Anyways, I think those jerseys look a bit stanky to be honest. I dont know what it is. Looks cheap. But the logo is really really damn nice.
Thanks for being honest with us...it's what we love about you.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This dude gets it.

Bums me Nashville stole the forum gold for their home color or Id say lets go to old color scheme again permanently. Kings first snagged their color scheme from the Lakers, then the Raiders. I prefer the first really original jersey like 98-99 Kilowatt jersey and the 07-08 Crown as main logo over same color scheme.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

He's on a role & undefeated!!!

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Bums me Nashville stole the forum gold for their home color or Id say lets go to old color scheme again permanently. Kings first snagged their color scheme from the Lakers, then the Raiders. I prefer the first really original jersey like 98-99 Kilowatt jersey and the 07-08 Crown as main logo over same color scheme.

Actually, the Lakers changed their colors to purple and gold the same year the Kings entered the league. Jack Kent Cooke bought both teams the same year and wanted both his teams to sport the same colors for what it's worth. Previous Laker colors looked a lot like UCLA colors with the powder blue, gold and white. Anyway, I get your point though.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Actually, the Lakers changed their colors to purple and gold the same year the Kings entered the league. Jack Kent Cooke bought both teams the same year and wanted both his teams to sport the same colors for what it's worth. Previous Laker colors looked a lot like UCLA colors with the powder blue, gold and white. Anyway, I get your point though.
Oh cool thanks for explaining that history.. love stuff like that

Reactions: cyclones22

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I don’t think the Kings will have cap issues. For starters, Quick’s $5.8 million is coming off the books, and $1.2 million is being freed up from Phaneuf’s and Richards’ buyouts. On top of that, the cap is speculated to rise by $4 million. That’s $10 million in open cap space with only Moore, Lemieux, Anderson, and Quick to re-sign. Even if we re-sign those guys and take up the full $10 million, we aren’t poised to lose anybody due to cap.

With regards to Spence, I think he’s very much in LA’s plan. All he’s done is gone above and beyond expectations every step of the way. There are a lot of guys in front of him right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see our right side consist of Doughty, Clarke, and Spence in two years.
True - when you look at it like that and see the potential for the cap to increase, they should be okay. And then Kopitar's contract will come off the books the year after that.

But you know...Vilardi is going to get paid. I think we should all be thinking about how his new contract will be structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad