Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Depends on the kind of year Moore has but we are likely giving him more opportunity and the chance to play close to home.

Who is going to offer him the combo of more money and opportunity and home? This is a little different than a normal UFA situation where the guy wants to head back to TO or whatever.

Also Anderson--look to Romanov and similar guys. He's gonna get 3.5-4 most likely and that's very, very fair for an emerging top-tier defensive d-man.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Depends on the kind of year Moore has but we are likely giving him more opportunity and the chance to play close to home.

Who is going to offer him the combo of more money and opportunity and home? This is a little different than a normal UFA situation where the guy wants to head back to TO or whatever.

Also Anderson--look to Romanov and similar guys. He's gonna get 3.5-4 most likely and that's very, very fair for an emerging top-tier defensive d-man.
I will be the happiest person on earth if Anderson gets a mean-streak like Romanov and starts throwing his weight around.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Dimitri Filipovic, Cam Charron, and Thomas Drance ranked the Kings at the 10th most entertaining team to watch on the PDOCast. They said the Kings are basically the best team in the league at going north-south, but that they can't/won't move it east-west and that Fiala should help there. :laugh:

Reactions: Eagle Fang

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Eventually we'll have to get Kaliyev some more ice-time.

Not sure if resigning Moore does that.
Kaliyev, Fagemo, Vilardi Byfeild they all need to be moved into the top 6 down the road, or they get moved. We are not letting Moore walk for nothing. 100% sure he will get resigned. If Moore and Danault end up as our 3rd liners, that is a pretty solid team.

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Problem is Moore is a UFA after this season while Arvidsson has another year (23-24) at $4.25M. Not sure we can keep both even for just a year.

Just saw a message that NHL may raise the salary cap by $4 million next year.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Problem is Moore is a UFA after this season while Arvidsson has another year (23-24) at $4.25M. Not sure we can keep both even for just a year.
Bingo. It’s not a choice. One guy is a FA. Plus we have youth guys who need a seat at the table. Now if you can trade the Arvi and maybe AI, then you open up $$$ & a winger spot.

But guys like GV need a spot. He’s showing why. AK34 and others (Kupari, Fagemo, etc.) need to play next year. Otherwise send them out.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Sure seems like Clarke will be up all season.
Sounds like Clarke will get at least the 9 games. Blake did mention how Clarke needs better competition, so that might suggest they're leaning towards keeping him up.

I thought the really insightful part was when he talked about his conversation with Doughty, how Doughty provided some insights. Doughty is right that Clarke needs to deal with oncoming forecheckers who are going to "finish him". That's one area Clarke definitely should try to improve on. He also mentioned a shift where Doughty and Clarke were on the ice together. I think that's a real possibility going forward, especially towards the end of a game. The two of them are the best on the team in escaping pressure on the defensive side and also very clever offensively. Putting them together could be pretty magical.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Good stuff. I want to know what's on that pyramid behind Blake. Luc motioned to it as if its his version of Deans chart with boxes to check.
spitballing from what i think i can read but it's titled "la kings foundational pillars"

bottom looks like "chemistry, professionalism, compete, great teammate, structure"
left side "resistant, reluctant, compliant/competent, ______, compelling"
"do your job" at the top

i'm not gonna claim to understand why pillars are pyramid shaped but hey!

Reactions: DrHansReinhardt

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
spitballing from what i think i can read but it's titled "la kings foundational pillars"

bottom looks like "chemistry, professionalism, compete, great teammate, structure"
"do your job" at the top

You have good eyes. Its pretty blurry on mine. I think you got the gist of it. Thanks

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

"do your job" at the top

I wish they would talk about the pyramid.

I think fans would enjoy hearing about the pyramid.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
If was able to zoom in on it. I guess you gotta keep that beach body down there in the South Bay.

1666196289182.png

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Clarke doesn’t have “NHL strength” as of yet. Pretty evident in his holding penalty in the 3rd I believe.

I’m torn whether to let him stay up. You can already tell he’ll be special….but the risk of injury is far greater at this time too…

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I always associate something like that to John Wooden's pyramid of success. So it would be interesting to hear the Kings version.
I played roller hockey with John Wooden's grandson. He'd show up to watch our games and practices in mostly empty rinks and would just sit in the stands chatting with my Dad. By far one of the coolest sports experiences we've both had.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Sounds like Clarke will get at least the 9 games. Blake did mention how Clarke needs better competition, so that might suggest they're leaning towards keeping him up.

I thought the really insightful part was when he talked about his conversation with Doughty, how Doughty provided some insights. Doughty is right that Clarke needs to deal with oncoming forecheckers who are going to "finish him". That's one area Clarke definitely should try to improve on. He also mentioned a shift where Doughty and Clarke were on the ice together. I think that's a real possibility going forward, especially towards the end of a game. The two of them are the best on the team in escaping pressure on the defensive side and also very clever offensively. Putting them together could be pretty magical.
I like this idea... only thats going to be too many minutes for Clarke. Who would you put on the left side DD or BC?

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Dimitri Filipovic, Cam Charron, and Thomas Drance ranked the Kings at the 10th most entertaining team to watch on the PDOCast. They said the Kings are basically the best team in the league at going north-south, but that they can't/won't move it east-west and that Fiala should help there. :laugh:
I love the Kings, but if there's 22 teams less entertaining to watch than LA that's not a good sign for the league xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad