Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Odd to me that it is a D coming up with Iafallo going down. I guess with Ontario being so close it does not really matter.
We already had 2 forwards scratched each night with Lemieux and JAD prior to the Iafallo and Edler injuries. Bringing Moverare up means we keep balance with 1 extra F and 1 extra D.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Odd to me that it is a D coming up with Iafallo going down. I guess with Ontario being so close it does not really matter.

Only spare D was Walker - now we have nobody. Still have JAD and Kaliyev waiting for the forwards.

Reactions: YP44

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Kings were carrying 14 F annd only 7 D. Now it will be 13 F and 8 D (what I thought they should have done opening night). Elder is also probably out a few games…..

Reactions: YP44

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I think he only needs to clear after x number of games or a couple of weeks. Basically, no waivers if it is just short term.

I believe this is the pertinent clause....

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Our Division is improved. We lost to 2 teams we beat into the playoffs last year, already. The priority is icing the lineup that gets you 2 points and not give any away within the conference. I agree with your assessment but those are 2nd and 3rd priorities.
If we're comparing seasons, we're right on track then. Kings were awful against the Pacific last season. They were okay against the Central and dominated the Eastern Conference.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I had been thinking Moverare and Clarke could be a real long term tandem. Interesting to see if they try it out now or look to pair them individually with veterans. I am not just looking at the Kings results last year. I am perusing improved divisional and conference foe rosters. Its gonna be a dogfight to make the playoffs by the end of the year. Looking to make the moves for a winning roster early on to get ahead of the crunch time chaos. I dont need to hear the opinion of the chorus line of the shortsighted trade, Kempe , trade Villardi, trade Iafallo, trade Turcotte crowd. History is showing they need to chill not me.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
In that scenario you sign Anderson and let Moore walk. Fagemo or one of the other guys can fill Moore's shoes.
No way I would let Anderson walk. Moore I would try to resign at a reasonable number, otherwise we can't keep him.

If they could only drop Walker and Petersen's contract...

Doesn't Phaneuf's $1,062,500 come off the books next year? Dead Cap contributes to the total, right? Also, Richards drops from $900,000 to $700,000. He finally comes off the books in 2031-32....LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsentMojo

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
No way I would let Anderson walk. Moore I would try to resign at a reasonable number, otherwise we can't keep him.

If they could only drop Walker and Petersen's contract...

Doesn't Phaneuf's $1,062,500 come off the books next year? Dead Cap contributes to the total, right? Also, Richards drops from $900,000 to $700,000. He finally comes off the books in 2031-32....LOL!
Idk about the dead cap but I'd try to resign Mikey at whatever cost. Probably in the 5 range? And let Moore walk if he wants more than 1.2. Anderson staying in LA is a must. Dump Petersen's contract.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Idk about the dead cap but I'd try to resign Mikey at whatever cost. Probably in the 5 range? And let Moore walk if he wants more than 1.2. Anderson staying in LA is a must. Dump Petersen's contract.
Moore is not going to sign for LESS than what he already makes this year which is $1.875M. Perhaps the $1.0625 dead cap for Phaneuf can pay for his increase. Personally I’m not sure if I want to sign Moore for close to $3M AAV regardless of term.

And Mikey Anderson for $5M per year?? no way.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Moore is not going to sign for LESS than what he already makes this year which is $1.875M. Perhaps the $1.0625 dead cap for Phaneuf can pay for his increase. Personally I’m not sure if I want to sign Moore for close to $3M AAV regardless of term.

And Mikey Anderson for $5M per year?? no way.
I agree about Moore. But we have to sign Mikey.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Mikey Anderson is a decent young stay at home defenseman with little to no offense. Why would you even think about paying him anywhere close to “the 5 range”? I mean, if it happens, I’m happy for him. That’s way too much.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Moore is gone after this year -- unless you willing & able to trade one or both of AI/Arvi.
Cap could go up from 1-4 million

Moore will be signed to a long contract. Hopefully on a home town discount. Quick is what worries me. If he stays it won't be cheap.

Walker won't return, we'll need to move him out somehow.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Mikey Anderson is a decent young stay at home defenseman with little to no offense. Why would you even think about paying him anywhere close to “the 5 range”? I mean, if it happens, I’m happy for him. That’s way too much.
Who replaces Mikey? I'm looking at that when it comes to value. He holds the cards in that deal is what I'm saying. He's a somewhat physical d man who pairs nicely with doughty. I think he resigns in the 3-5 mill range.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
By under rating Moore you are under weighting our 2nd line. A crucial cog in the Kings returning to having 2 games to make it to the second round. Thats' a big part of the motor to use a knock off part on.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
I'd keep Moore over Arvidsson without question. More utility (special teams) and compatibility (Arvidsson has really shown chemistry with Danault).

Same thing with Iafallo, who has worked well on multiple lines.
Problem is Moore is a UFA after this season while Arvidsson has another year (23-24) at $4.25M. Not sure we can keep both even for just a year.

Reactions: Schrute farms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad