Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
but then you would have to waive someone, who would you waive? (Edler has my vote)
It would probably be Walker, although I think he could return at least something in a trade. Could the Kings even waive Edler (he has a NMC)?

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
It would probably be Walker, although I think he could return at least something in a trade. Could the Kings even waive Edler (he has a NMC)?
I would prefer they send JAD down and carry 8D although it’s really too early to even consider recalling TB.

Waiving Walker (and clearing due to $ and recent injury) would destroy any value he has left and Kings are forced to keep him until his contract ends in summer 2024. ends. Perhaps if Walker improves Blake can get a taker at the TDL.

Trading SW, a roster forward and picks to shore up the LD (not named Chycrun) would be ideal.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Keeping Walker on the roster is like when you buy a mediocre meal at a restaurant, and you force yourself to eat the entire thing because you paid for it. Blake, stop signing average NHL players to multi-year value contracts because they're outperforming their draft position. Those are exactly the type of players your pipeline is supposed to replace for cheap.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I guess the issue is that RHD play their off less frequently. Its much more common for a LHD to play the off side. They need to be comfortable on their back hands and have a good ability to adjust Body position, good hands helps. Based on skill sets I think Durzi and Clarke are probably the best fits but I’m not sure I want either there (Clarke needs to just focusing on the NHL adjustment, not a position change also).

I think Bjornfot will benefit for a stretch in the AHL but should come up at some point. In fairness to Walker he was on the sidelines for a long time and it’s not realistic to expect his best after 2 games. He also needs games if we hope to move him and to that end I think he’s more likely to impress whilst playing RD. Its definitely a juggling act.
Our Division is improved. We lost to 2 teams we beat into the playoffs last year, already. The priority is icing the lineup that gets you 2 points and not give any away within the conference. I agree with your assessment but those are 2nd and 3rd priorities.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I'm hoping they keep Clarke and still bring up Bjornfot to balance things out. Sending down Clarke might look ridiculous in 9 games as he's already one of our better defensemen.

I fully expect the defense to tighten up and a lot can happen in the next 3 weeks or so. The more consecutive games Clarke plays, the more likely it is he stays up all year. If there is a plan to send him back after 9 games they will obviously want to spread that out. If that forces the team to move guys not in the long term plan, all the better. I appreciate Roy and Walker and what they bring, but I would rather the team focus on what they see as the future core to help them build chemistry.
Roy looked a lot better in game 3. No way we can give up his decent size and relative toughness. Walker needs to go to Ontario see if he gets picked off waivers. If not he can get his game together and be back when an injury on d happens.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Keeping Walker on the roster is like when you buy a mediocre meal at a restaurant, and you force yourself to eat the entire thing because you paid for it. Blake, stop signing average NHL players to multi-year value contracts because they're outperforming their draft position. Those are exactly the type of players your pipeline is supposed to replace for cheap.
I like Walker's speed.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

Sounds like my daily lunch eating in the office cafeteria.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
If Vilardi keeps this up the Kings will be in cap hell next year with his re-signing, Moore, and Anderson.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Our Division is improved. We lost to 2 teams we beat into the playoffs last year, already. The priority is icing the lineup that gets you 2 points and not give any away within the conference. I agree with your assessment but those are 2nd and 3rd priorities.

So? This isn't the NFL. There are 78 games to go.

People need to chill with the waiving of players. They're not sending Walker's contract to Ontario. They're also unlikely to trade him soon, because any trade anywhere is unlikely to happen at this point of the season.

They knew what their D would likely look like back in July. Even if Clarke surprised them, they were ok sending certain players down, or else they would've made moves, or not in the case of Edler, back then.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If Vilardi keeps this up the Kings will be in cap hell next year with his re-signing, Moore, and Anderson.
They’ll probably move Arvy to keep the other two or at worse/best they move both Moore and Arvy “if” Kupari/Fagemo/Turcotte/Jack make a jump.. also factor in Kaliyev might force their hand if he has another solid year

Reactions: The Gabe Blade

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
They’ll probably move Arvy to keep the other two or at worse/best they move both Moore and Arvy “if” Kupari/Fagemo/Turcotte/Jack make a jump.. also factor in Kaliyev might force their hand if he has another solid year

Agreed, its Arvy who wont be in the long term, probably seeking more money on his new contract.

You could move Iafallo but that wont be enough to keep Arvy and the kids. It will have to be Walker or Roy too. Moving multiple players hurts Blake's cred as a players GM though so I dont see that happening.

Then you also have Quick, who a couple years ago you would have thought he would re-sign for less, but I think you would have to be happy to get him back at the same amount now.

Reactions: kings11

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Agreed, its Arvy who wont be in the long term, probably seeking more money on his new contract.
You could move Iafallo but that wont be enough to keep Arvy and the kids. It will have to be Walker or Roy too. Moving multiple players hurts Blake's cred as a players GM though so I dont see that happening.
Then you also have Quick, who a couple years ago you would have thought he would re-sign for less, but I think you would have to be happy to get him back at the same amount now.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I’m pretty sure it’s been said before, but Walker is coming off of a serious knee injury. He’s just coming back playing games. It’s going to take some time before he’s 100%. I’m sure he’s not happy that he can’t do the things he was able to do before. I’m not saying this is comparable but Zeus took a year before he felt normal after her injury.
We’re at 4 games with Walker. Gotta be patient. Rotate him in and out of the lineup, let him build strength. Get his value back in time for TDL in case Blake wants to make a move.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

This site has so many glitches lately..
Correct, over the next 2 seasons I can see Arvy, Moore, Roy, Walker, Lizotte, Pepe, Tonka and Cal getting shipped out or allowed to walk.. though I think we’ll get something for most of them.

Byfield-Vilardi coming together gives me chills just thinking about it. These two kids have endured injuries, stalled development and others issues but here they are looking like the next great Kings tandem.

Clarke has been very, very criminally underrated for his defensive prowess and adding the other kid Dmen to the mix will help solidify our back end…

We still need a goaltender but if those vets I mentioned above, I’m sure we can trade or collect assets from those trades to get us someone with high upside should they decide to go that route…

The vets we see now are really just placeholders until the kids push them out and I think we’re on the verge of seeing that happen..

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Moverare recalled.. doesnt he have to clear waivers to go back to Ontario? If so, wouldve been safer to bring up Bjornfot.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Moverare recalled.. doesnt he have to clear waivers to go back to Ontario? If so, wouldve been safer to bring up Bjornfot.
I think he only needs to clear after x number of games or a couple of weeks. Basically, no waivers if it is just short term.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I love this. Great analogy.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Odd to me that it is a D coming up with Iafallo going down. I guess with Ontario being so close it does not really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad