Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I guess I am one of the few that barfs at the jersey. The color combo of gold and purple are tacky as hell and the crown looks like an old lady with curlers in her hair.
I'm with you on the crown design - it's a very frilly, rococo 70's crown. The redesigned crown from the early 2000's, on the other hand, is too spare and angular.

I'll differ with you on the purple and gold, (I especially love the purple), but I think someone needs to take a third crack at the crown logo.

Edit: You could even incorporate the chevron and homeplate shapes as elements within the crown design.

Reactions: KingsCrunch

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey Kings fans.

I have always had a soft spot for Vilardi and I am curious how he has looked this year. The stats sheet seems to indicate he is getting opportunities and making the most of them but is he looking like this might be the season he really takes that next step to become the top end player I thought he might be able to become?
He was a PPG player in the AHL last year, best forward in the preseason and so far this year.
All great signs but given age we all should be prepared for a recession of some degree.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This jersey is better than last year's RR simply because the Chevron was out of place still being all silver on top of the purple/gold. They were liked so much because they were purple/gold and the nostalgia for the Chevron logo is super high (The crown on the new RR is a better logo but I still absolutely love the Chevron because it is the one I grew up watching).

The new one flows perfectly and the crown pops off of the white. Nice and clean sweater with good pop of color from the striping and logo. Only concern is that the name/numbers look silly as shit at the team store, kind of like the Stadium ones with the long numbers on it. Hoping that is just photoshop since they don't even have them made yet for a real photo.
Numbers look normal in this photo shoot with Fiala.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
If Cal doesn't get his mind together soon, this is going to be an Ian Baker-Finch style descent from the yips. And the Kings will be holding the bag. Old golf fans will know the reference.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If Cal doesn't get his mind together soon, this is going to be an Ian Baker-Finch style descent from the yips. And the Kings will be holding the bag. Old golf fans will know the reference.
It’s been three years big dawg and he is consistently getting worse. It’s not a mind thing. He just doesn’t have what it takes at all.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
We were just mentioned again with Chychrun by Jeff Marek between periods of the Leafs-Jets game. He said the price remains high and they still want essentially the equivalent of 2 1st's and some prospects. I don't see how in any world Chychrun returns that at this point.

Marek at the intermission: "You look to other teams that have a deep prospect pool and maybe the need for someone like Jakob Chychrun, I think we are all starting to wonder more and more about the Los Angeles Kings".

I still think Chychrun would be a great fit assuming he's healthy (which you can't do) Would you guys do something like Durzi and Kupari+2nd? I probably would.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingspiracy

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
We were just mentioned again with Chychrun by Jeff Marek between periods of the Leafs-Jets game. He said the price remains high and they still want essentially the equivalent of 2 1st's and some prospects. I don't see how in any world Chychrun returns that at this point.

Marek at the intermission: "You look to other teams that have a deep prospect pool and maybe the need for someone like Jakob Chychrun, I think we are all starting to wonder more and more about the Los Angeles Kings".

I still think Chychrun would be a great fit assuming he's healthy (which you can't do) Would you guys do something like Durzi and Kupari+2nd? I probably would.
Too risky at the moment. Hasn't even played this season, coming off wrist surgery which can sometimes drastically alter a players performance. Not to mention he's weeks away still and supposedly still has pain in his wrist when doing drills

Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah I think Chychrun is too much of a wildcard, especially if the Yotes really haven't lowered their asking price. Blake needs to get creative

Reactions: Schrute farms

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Chychrun isn't going to fix what's wrong right now.

If you can get him for cheap, sure. If Durzi + Kupari+ 2nd was enough, it would probably be done.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I remember when we were discussing whether Blake could handle the hard part.

Early returns are “no” and that him and TM have failed the team in many ways.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I remember when we were discussing whether Blake could handle the hard part.

Early returns are “no” and that him and TM have failed the team in many ways.
TM is gonna have to sack up and take Kopitar off the top line and powerplay 1 and start playing Doughty less on the powerplay. He has less pull than the core.

Reactions: mysterman2

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
TM is gonna have to sack up and take Kopitar off the top line and powerplay 1 and start playing Doughty less on the powerplay. He has less pull than the core.
That wont happen due to politics.. I wish it would. I could see.. 2nd line promoted to 1st. new 2nd line is 22,qb,9, 3rd Kopi, vilardi kaliyev. The 2nd line would be extremely suspect defensively.. but it would be fast and would score on the rush - maybe cancelling out their D +/-. The d-corps is hopelessly in disarray. Seems only a trade could resolve it.

Reactions: Schmooley

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I don't really have any trust in Rob Blake. Especially with the lack of moves made this off season. Trading for a goal scorer wasn't enough. They could have used some bigger more physical players up front, and on defense. I really don't like the up tempo, finesse style of hockey this team plays either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcsorley47

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't really have any trust in Rob Blake. Especially with the lack of moves made this off season. Trading for a goal scorer wasn't enough. They could have used some bigger more physical players up front, and on defense. I really don't like the up tempo, finesse style of hockey this team plays either.

And where are those moves coming from? Look at the trades that did happen around the league. If you sign free agents, you then have to get rid of some of the players that were already here, and look at the trades that did happen around the league. Most were contract in, contract out.

I know the answer is always get rid of Iafallo and Walker, but there has to be another team that wants them. Over the summer the response was, well trade Walker to Buffalo. Ok, but the Sabres are now 4-1, so they didn't necessarily need or want Walker. But that would be the case if they were 1-4. Other teams have their own guys they want to do whatever with, it's not always about picking up the crappy excess on the Kings.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
And where are those moves coming from? Look at the trades that did happen around the league. If you sign free agents, you then have to get rid of some of the players that were already here, and look at the trades that did happen around the league. Most were contract in, contract out.

I know the answer is always get rid of Iafallo and Walker, but there has to be another team that wants them. Over the summer the response was, well trade Walker to Buffalo. Ok, but the Sabres are now 4-1, so they didn't necessarily need or want Walker. But that would be the case if they were 1-4. Other teams have their own guys they want to do whatever with, it's not always about picking up the crappy excess on the Kings.
I would rather have Kaliyev, Clarke, and Byfield in the minors playing the first line, P.P, and the P.K. Also, In the off season you can find low cost veteran free agent 4th liners. And 6th, or 7th defense men that can play the roles that these guys are playing in the NHL right now. It's not like this team is a Stanley Cup contender!

Reactions: steepdrop

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We have the oldest "1C" in the league, and a 37(Jan.21) year old goalie with no prospects that look able to take this team over. Things are not looking great. I said this already but the only thing this team has on the cup teams is team speed. We are weak everywhere else. From team culture(no identify) to coaching(no accountability for vets) and special teams(we just suck). List continues into; no size, horrendous goaltending, defence, etc...

If some think overpaying for a LD will fix this, then keep drinking that kool aid. We overachieved last year. Accelerating a rebuild will potentially cost us, we need to keep those first round picks.

I just do not see us winning with Kopitar, Quick and Doughty. Their prime years are gone. Until that leadership core changes we are stuck being a bubble team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad