Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Garland for Vilardi and Spence makes a lot of sense for both teams. The Canucks can get their major haul for Miller elsewhere.
No Canucks need to get faster upfront not slower so, Vilardi holds little value to the Canucks. Also has limited NHL success. Spence is a good prospect but we already have to many defenceman in the same mold and is not great defensively.

Last edited:

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
lol, absolutely not, this is insanity.
This powerful scorer didn't reach 30 goals a single time his whole career and he is 28 turning 29.

I don't want him at all

I know pace only goes so far but he might have hit 30 in his first year with the Canucks. He's also on pace to flirt with 30 this year

IMO he's more of a playmaker anyway, though he certainly has the hands and shot to score goals.

Fair enough if you don't want him though

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
It’s smart if the Kings can get Boeser or Garland for Grans/Spence, Kupari and a 1st.

RHD for the Kings goes Doughty, Clarke, Durzi, Faber, Grans, Spence. They aren’t all going to make it. Trade from a place of strength.

Plus both Boeser and Garland fall into the age range the Kings are looking for.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yup, Garland makes the most sense and I could see Vilardi, and (unfortunately because he is a star in the making) potentially Spence in that deal.

Faber isn't going anywhere.
I don’t think they’d get both, I think they’d prefer the 1st over Vilardi and Spence is pretty valuable

Reactions: kinghock

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
No Canucks need to get faster upfront not slower so, Vilardi holds little value to the Canucks. Also has limited NHL success.

Vilardi scored 10 goals and 23 points last season on the Kings' third line, with limited time on the Kings' second power play unit. Limited NHL success? Would you also suggest that Podkolzin has limited NHL success as a knock on his game?

Spence is a good prospect but we already have to many defenceman in the same mold and is not great defensively.

Wait what?! Spence is arguably Ontario's best defender this year defensively, and he's second in the AHL in scoring among defensemen! :laugh:

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Skipping ahead without reading has anyone suggested both Miller and Boeser to LA?
Both have had chemistry together and for a majority of his time in Vancouver Miller has played with Brock. If the Canucks could get better piece’s like Clarke +1st + Turcotte?
Honestly, both teams are looking for what one another have and I could see Rutherford salivating at the thought of that much cap to restructure the team the way he wants.
LA gets to keep Byfield as they should instead of Clarke and instantly becomes a playoff contender with all the other Prospects ready to step in. Obviously pieces could be added as I’d add Hoglander in the deal to replace Turcotte with Byfield and drop the first round pick.

You will not get Clarke even with better selling job.
Just forget about it.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
This powerful scorer didn't reach 30 goals a single time his whole career and he is 28 turning 29.

I don't want him at all
You don't want a top 20 scorer on a great contract? Very few teams don't want him (those teams being cap strapped and would need to dump cap to acquire him).

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Feels like most teams that have been linked to miller (or Canucks in general) have a fan base that is very resistant on moving prospects or picks.

Guess time will tell what GM’s do and if they are on the same page as fans.
Well we are on HOCKEYFUTURE board. It’s not surprising that fans that decide to come in this board likes prospects.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

1st+ one of your top 2 prospect + a decent roster player

Good player but thats just fan chit chat.

LA is not interested in Miller anyway as they are looking for someone younger.

I would much rather have LA put Vilardi with QB and see what happens.
Yup.

Trading Spence and Gabe for Garland while Vilardi can put up the same numbers makes no sense.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

I don't want him at all

So players are only judged value wise if they score 30g? You could score 30g and have 4a...or a team could have a PPG instead...pretty easy to see who is the more valuable player

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
This is exactly why there will be no trade.

Not a single thing Friedman predicted this year became reality, just as a reminder.
This guy is just spraying random crap around mostly including Canadian teams, because those guys click on absolutely everything.
This is for clicks and nothing else

Remember when he reported for weeks how Vancouver forwards going to Toronto?
This lost traction, now he moves to another innocent team with a deep prospect pool to make stuff up.

Lmao this is ridiculous.

When did he report for weeks how Vancouver forwards were going to Toronto? You mean just recently when he said that Leafs might be interested in JT Miller? That was less than a week ago...

Friedman reports rumors and discussions.

A lot of teams have several discussions on several players around the league, but usually amounts to nothing. It doesn't mean that these discussions didn't occur.

If you don't understand this, then you don't understand sports.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kings and Canucks makes perfect sense, Kings prospect pool is ridiculous, They can trade 3 pieces and still be top 5

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Vilardi makes no sense for Vancouver anyways, Ruthaford said over and over, He want's Speed and skill, Mostly speed speed speed.
Mentions it literally every interview

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad