Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Stay away from Vilardi for sure. Canucks aren't in a position to take huge gambles like that... we need good young players in the pipeline.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Can I just say, this has been a pleasant thread to read through. I didn't have an opinion on Kings fans, now I like them.

We make great trading partners

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I know pace only goes so far but he might have hit 30 in his first year with the Canucks. He's also on pace to flirt with 30 this year

IMO he's more of a playmaker anyway, though he certainly has the hands and shot to score goals.

Fair enough if you don't want him though

Yeah, that sounds like a fair judgement.

The Canucks and Kings don't run into too many trade proposals, so we are not familiar
with each others needs.

In general the Kings looking for a pure goal scorer with a mindset like Laine or Ovechkin who doesn't even know that a defense zone exists
or a towering defender who can clear even the biggest threats in front of the goal.

You Canucks fans are very pleasant to deal with, since there are other fanbases who are well aware of our needs and always offer the exact opposite and then try to explain, why we really like the opposite of what we are asking for

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Vilardi is still my favorite Kings prospect. In some shifts during his brief times in LA, he dominated. He has a swagger and assuredness to him too. He is a tad slow but he needs the proper deployment. Part of figuring out that deployment is the shift to wing. He has not complained and has done pretty fn well in the AHL this year. His stick handling is excellent and his shot is underrated. I can see him blowing up honestly.

All that being said, outsiders look at him and label him a bust. Turcotte gets this treatment as well no matter the various reasons why they are still in the AHL. These guys are not busted they just haven't hit yet. There is a chance they may not translate but it is likely pretty slim. LA has an excess right now and few spots available. If they are moved, I hope it for a foundational piece.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Lmao this is ridiculous.

When did he report for weeks how Vancouver forwards were going to Toronto? You mean just recently when he said that Leafs might be interested in JT Miller? That was less than a week ago...

Friedman reports rumors and discussions.

A lot of teams have several discussions on several players around the league, but usually amounts to nothing. It doesn't mean that these discussions didn't occur.

If you don't understand this, then you don't understand sports.

Even if Friedman would roll dice on players names and connects them randomly, he should at least have a lucky hit at some point.
He is only consistent in being absolutely wrong. In some events management states there were no talkings at all, when Friedman reported insider info

But yeah, i guess i don't understand sport.

BeltCollector

Sep 28, 2021

1st+ one of your top 2 prospect + a decent roster player

Lol this is an idiotic tweet simply because Hedman and Josi are involved. Let's not even delve into the fact that it includes Point who is over PPG in the playoffs for the last 3 years, and has more goals and points in half the games that Miller has played over their careers. He is nowhere near worth the same or more than Barkov, Point, Rantanen, etc...

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
he is a good prospect. dont act like any of you watch him play LOL

No one said he isn't a good prospect.

His injuries are well known across the league,.. it's not exactly a secret. Canucks have one of the worst prospect pools in the league, they need more sure things v.s. taking a huge swing.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
JT Miller makes a ton of sense for the Kings. He can be their 1C for the next 5 years and would be the perfect bridge for Byfield and Turcotte.

Kopitar is turning 35 and should be phasing into a second line center roll.

Kings have plenty of cap space to re-sign Miller. He would help provide a playoff push while you still have Doughty and Kopitar performing at a high level.

Miller - Kopitar - Danault down the middle would be a nightmare matchup

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
JT Miller makes a ton of sense for the Kings. He can be their 1C for the next 5 years and would be the perfect bridge for Byfield and Turcotte.

Kopitar is turning 35 and should be phasing into a second line center roll.

Kings have plenty of cap space to re-sign Miller. He would help provide a playoff push while you still have Doughty and Kopitar performing at a high level.

Miller - Kopitar - Danault down the middle would be a nightmare matchup

Did it occur to you that Kopitar and Danauld are the bridge players and you try to build around the guys that are phased out?

But if you insist...
Kopitar +1st for Miller

Feb 19, 2018
This has Boeser written all over it if true.
Would Turcotte + Faber be a fair ask?
Canucks can potentially add Rathbone in the deal.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This has Boeser written all over it if true.
Would Turcotte + Faber be a fair ask?
Canucks can potentially add Rathbone in the deal.
For Boeser?! I highly doubt that kings would even entertain this. It would be a lot even for miller.

although the kings do have some depth at RHD. Is there a way Canucks could pry faber (since Clarke is likely ahead on the depth chart)?

Reactions: sirwilliam

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
For Boeser?! I highly doubt that kings would even entertain this. It would be a lot even for miller.

although the kings do have some depth at RHD. Is there a way Canucks could pry faber (since Clarke is likely ahead on the depth chart)?

Canucks could pry Faber for Hughes or Pettersson

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
And what are you exchanging for those 2?
I'll give every Canuck fan a nice warm hug. I'll even throw in Olli Maatta as a bonus.

tumblr_p9zzxe4MK21t6rioao1_400.gif

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canucks could pry Faber for Hughes or Pettersson
Sometimes saying nothing is the best (non) response.

Let me ask you this… who do you value more: Clarke or Faber?

At the moment you have doughty, Roy, Durzi…add in Clarke, Faber, grans, Spence down the pipe line. The chances of hanging on to all of them seems a bit overkill. This is when you utilize a strength for a need (trade to bolster your lineup somewhere else).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad